finboy

Sounds Like Matt Teaming Up With Warne Again

I recognized you! I said I'd stay back because lights but I ended up being front row centre, but behind the barricade. I posted a shit ton of photos on the Facebook Matt Good fan group (not the phishing one you mentioned). It was a great show; Matt was visibly sick but powering through, and everyone was on point (as always). The unplugged crowd sourced singing was amazing.

I didn't get VIP but it definitely seemed weird. I wondered why, all of a sudden, it was (it seemed) inhumanly tall people with telephoto lenses that magically disappeared after three songs...

aha yeah!! I saw your pics, awesome! It definitely was still a great show. But yeah, felt bad for Matt at the beginning when he kept coughing. 

and yeah, VIP totally weird. I mean I guess if I was there not injured, and to see more than one band, it would still be worth it, and actually better too get all the press out of the way, rather than a bluffest where they're in there on special barricade right in front of the stage the whole time, but in just seeing the one show, and losing out on being right front for the first 3 (or 2.5 really, thank you mashups!) out of a short setlist was a little annoying. Although i also can't really complain since the festival accommodated my injury and upgraded our reg VIP to FOS, sooooo..lol

Def a good time.

I kinda dug the whole VIP thing - only because it meant that I ended up scoring really great spots for Matt, Jimmy Eat World, and Death Cab, without really having to wait that much and without getting crushed by the crowd.  And Emma - that's exactly what happened - I walked over to Jimmy Eat World, and they were just about to let the VIP folks in.  There weren't that many people waiting, and I ended up almost exactly where I was standing for Matt's set.  (And, completely by accident, I ended up in almost exactly the same spot for Death Cab.) 

I don't generally love festivals, but this one was great!  (I went to Riot Fest last year, and it was a totally different story.)  I suspect it was massively undersold, but I loved not having so many people around.  And, despite how I normally feel about festival sets, I really enjoyed Matt's set.  I think we were all in agreement that it was great that it wasn't a flat-out hits set.

And Emma - it was great meeting you and Kelly!  I snagged a couple of pics of you two watching Matt.  (I showed Kelly - couldn't remember if I showed you.)

• Upvote 1

And Emma - it was great meeting you and Kelly!  I snagged a couple of pics of you two watching Matt.  (I showed Kelly - couldn't remember if I showed you.)

send them to me somewhere if you can! emmit643 on twitter or greysierra on insta if you wanna DM them. -or add yourself to the MG fb group and stick'em there! 

Agreed, great great time. 

https://instagram.com/p/BK3bEUCBJtT/

Which song do you guys think this is?

My guess is I Miss New Wave, but legit who knows! The reimaginings are very re-imagined! So honestly it's hard to tell. That's my best guess. You can kind of sing the lyrics over it. So hyped. I'm ready.

It's definitely the right tone and speed ... I agree with your assessment.

I can hear "when the world is screaming..." being sung over that...

That's definitely I Miss New Wave. God I'm looking forward to hearing this.

From what I understand he's not recording any new material right? Only this EP?

I believe so. Like it sounds like 2017 might also have a new record too, but not till later. Which leads me to believe maybe we're getting the EP early 2017?

I'm pretty sure the other video out there is of Let's Get It On. You can hear Matt sing "...in my arms" at the start of the video, which is the last line of the song, and also it just totally sounds like it too.

It totally is. Originally I was like aw shit when I clicked on it, cause I had decided to try to keep the 5th track a surprise. But then I had to go and listen to the only one that is super obvious which it is haha.

With regards to new material, perhaps he is not recording that now, but I do recall him mentioning there WAS new material that would be recorded. Perhaps this EP/whatever it is will be released to support a BM tour, and then we will get new songs? I remember him saying Something Like A Storm and others were going to get a legit recording...

Haha we're so greedy eh ... we want all of the things!