daniel_v

You're about to 1999

I just noticed this too... so I went scrolling through his Twitter.

Matthew Good @mattgood Sep 22

Recording the vocals for Born To Kill after 17 years was weird. In a good way

It's been a vastly greater pleasure reimagining 17 year old songs than I thought it was going to be.

Matthew Good @mattgood Sep 13

Got the 17+ remake of Born To Kill in one pass. guys are on fire

This should be interesting...

• Upvote 1

1479095296331.jpg

So it's called "I Miss New Wave - Beautiful Midnight Revisited EP" and the tracks on it are: 

Suburbia
I Miss New Wave
Load Me Up
Let’s Get It On
Born To Kill

Frankly I'm surprised to see that Load Me Up is there but not A Boy and his Machine Gun or Failing The Rorschach Test. Not complaining, just surprised :P
Edited by Tips
  • Upvote 1

1479095296331.jpg

So it's called "I Miss New Wave - Beautiful Midnight Revisited EP" and the tracks on it are: 

Suburbia
I Miss New Wave
Load Me Up
Let’s Get It On
Born To Kill

Frankly I'm surprised to see that Load Me Up is there but not A Boy and his Machine Gun or Failing The Rorschach Test. Not complaining, just surprised :P

My thoughts exactly.... those would be the two obvious replacements, or possibly Running for Home. I am guessing Load me up will be completely different (maybe like the Rooms version of Time Bomb?). That or its just a single that people are familiar with, so it would boost sales of the EP outside of the diehard fans

• Upvote 1

I have a lot of questions about this tour.  Good questions not negative stuff.  I wonder if the BM portion will be played as the original versions or if it will be the reworked versions.  With the cities having multiple dates will their be some songs original version one night some re-worked the next?   Also major kudos to Matt for doing this EP, this tour, and giving fans the ultimate holiday gift.  I hope this tour is a huge success for Matt and all involved. 

My thoughts exactly.... those would be the two obvious replacements, or possibly Running for Home. I am guessing Load me up will be completely different (maybe like the Rooms version of Time Bomb?). That or its just a single that people are familiar with, so it would boost sales of the EP outside of the diehard fans

Load Me Up is obviously one of, if not the most, popular songs he ever wrote. It would be hard not to put it on for the wider audience i think.  Not my very #1 favorite but interested to hear a new version.

Load Me Up is obviously one of, if not the most, popular songs he ever wrote. It would be hard not to put it on for the wider audience i think. Not my very #1 favorite but interested to hear a new version.

Yeah I'm curious to hear this one reworked as well! And yes, undeniably one of the most popular. For sure.

Maybe somebody has already pointed this out but the website link to "I Miss New Wave" preview now takes you to a preview of "Suburbia".

Never mind...I've now realized Matt's website originally had the Suburbia preview...I just happened to miss it. I are dumb ;)

Edited by Prairieboy

Maybe somebody has already pointed this out but the website link to "I Miss New Wave" preview now takes you to a preview of "Suburbia".

Never mind...I've now realized Matt's website originally had the Suburbia preview...I just happened to miss it. I are dumb ;)

I didn't realize. I had only noticed the I Miss New Wave preview before.

I remember a time when this was my favourite song in the world. Had to listen to the original after this clip, and it sends me back to grade 10 in the most bittersweet way possible. Starting to get pretty excited about this concert!