emmit643

I Miss New Wave Preview

Enjoyed this one.  Kinda weird to hear a new take on a song you are so familiar with.  Because you have preconceptions.  Its refreshing to have those challenged.  Really looking forward to an announcement.  Also hoping those tour dates for late winter are right, those would fit my schedule like a glove and I could hammer off a bunch of shows! 

Guest Idioteque

Weird to hear this song without the barking screams of a angry Matt. This is more of a Radiohead calming version. Love it! 

Im praying we get the 1999 studio versions live. I don't think Matt wants to be spitting out blood again every night though.

It's kind of nice to hear a different take.  It's pretty good, but at the 'real intent' part I can't help but sort of miss Matt's old range/voice.  It's definitely more laid-back in this version.

Edited by Manchalivin

What I'm curious about is how these songs may be fleshed out.  Do they have extended or different instrumental parts, intros or outros...Do they have differing or additional lyrics.  Even if they don't it's still kind of interesting to see a modern take on some of the tracks.  Im assuming these are going to be part of a Beautiful Midnight deluxe edition or are they just being released as an EP?  In a perfect world I'd love a deluxe edition of the album with the new takes and a live recording of an MGB show from that era...but that may be just wishful thinking.  

I really like it. Cause it's not like the other one is dead, you can still listen to it. I like hearing a new lease on it a lot. Sounds amazing. :D

Agreed, I probably wouldn't like it if he tried to just exactly copy the original.  This different take is cool.  Although still can't touch the original in my meaningless opinion

In a perfect world I'd love a deluxe edition of the album with the new takes and a live recording of an MGB show from that era...but that may be just wishful thinking.  

Would be amazing. Hoping for the same