gursky

2017 Tour: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

I'm already second guessing the VIP.  I have to side with Tony.  I have no problem paying $100 or more for a VIP package if it means you get something out of it.  I wish Matt's management had come up with something a little more appetizing to pay that much money for.  I'm not asking for ten minutes witht the guy, but something that gives the package some value would be nice.  They could give you a pre-autographed copy of the EP, for example.  How much would the record company be out for  each of those?

Since they just released the prices, I've figured that it will cost around $180 or so for a ticket and VIP.  And that's at a seated venue, so the front of the line access to the show doesn't really mean anything.

I don't want to come across as whining, I just feel that there's opportunity there to do something great. 

You should go then. That is the epic song that drew me in in the first place at a Matthew Good Band summer concert in 2001. Especially at the part of Born to Kill where the music notes are steadily going up in a crescendo, I was totally lost in the music. The only way I can describe it is that it was like a heavenly experience. You won't regret it, my friend. I promise. They played it at the Stampede Coral. It probably wasn't the best of Calgary venues, but it was the best concert I've ever been to in my life.

i have to admit that his tweet about doing the whole album has made me consider maybe going.

Guest Idioteque

Hoogie, exactly. CD's would have been a better option because it's an item people will tend to keep around the longest. If I wasn't an avid collector I wouldn't even know what to do with a laminate. I'd hate to even imagine someone throwing one out, CD's can at least be passed on to new people if the owner wants to get rid of it.

Hoogie, exactly. CD's would have been a better option because it's an item people will tend to keep around the longest. If I wasn't an avid collector I wouldn't even know what to do with a laminate. I'd hate to even imagine someone throwing one out, CD's can at least be passed on to new people if the owner wants to get rid of it.

There's an option to upgrade to a physical copy.

Just got myself two GA tickets to the Toronto show on March 11th. Pumped!

Haven't been to Canada in over 10 years. This should be awesome. Currently planning to make it a fun long weekend.

I didn't bother with VIP. I'm fine with the standard experience. Plus I'll already have to pay for airfare and hotel. Two GA tickets including fees and snail mail printed tickets ran me about $134 USD.

Anyone else get the option to upgrade to the physical CD while buying the tickets?  I'm at the payment stage on Ticketmaster and it still hasn't prompted me.  I'm guessing you get the choice after the fact?

Goddamn Ticketmaster too.  $10 service fee per ticket.  Bumped up a 32.75 ticket to $46 after all the fees.

There's an option to upgrade to a physical copy.

Sorry, we were talking about what's included in the VIP.  If every ticket gets a EP download or a physical copy, why bother upgrading?

The Saskatoon show is general admission-only, but I have a few questions. My gf has MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and as a result can't stand or walk for long periods of time. As a result we wouldn't be able to stand in line for 2 hours to get good seats, nor would she be able to probably stand for the entire show to see the band. However, she is not in a wheelchair. 

What should I do in a situation like this? If we had a show where there was assigned seating, I'd just make sure to get something with good sight-lines...but I can't in this case. And the Saskatoon venue kind of sucks, in terms of the crowd (loud, drunk, etc). I'd prefer not to, but can anyone recommend the Edmonton venue for us in this case? The Saskatoon one doesn't even have handicap seating as far as I can see, so no luck there for a good place to sit and watch.

We went to Winnipeg for the last tour (Burt Cummings Theatre) and we had great seats in the aisle, and Matt even came and stood right beside her and sang Army of Lions. I'd hate to go from that to a drunk crowded concrete floor where we will be jostled with nowhere good to sit.

Just grabbed 4 tickets for the Calgary show. Not exactly great seats... seems the only ones available to me were on either end of the venue. In hindsight I should have tried for 2 sets of 2 instead of a grouping of 4.

They don't release all the tickets for the presale either. You can try exchanging over the phone when the tickets officially go on sale. They switched mine last year

Also one more question: where do we go for the presale? Are they on sale already?

I have never been to the River Cree so I can't speak for sight lines or overall enjoyment at the venue.  I am not attending the Edmonton show so didn't look in to the presale, but Ticketmaster and the MG website confirm that it doesn't start until Thursday so you have time to look at a seating chart and pick your approach.   

As for myself, I bought an upper level ticket for Red Deer (February 21) and will wait on the Calgary (February 24) purchase as I'm looking for a single ticket by the mixing station or front row on the raised platform.

Got 2 for the 18th in Van. I got the tickets only 2 minutes after they went live (website was not cooperating) and I got pushed all the way back to row 9. I'm fucking pissed. 10:02 I bought them at and row 9 is where I sit.

Excited to see Matt play nonetheless. I never got to see him play with MGB so this should be the next best thing :D

They don't release all the tickets for the presale either. You can try exchanging over the phone when the tickets officially go on sale. They switched mine last year

I was able to get better seats (one section closer to centre) by refreshing the page a few times about 10 minutes after buying the tickets. Luckily the refund policy was pretty much painless.