gursky

2017 Tour: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

Going to second Vancouver show. All I can really afford right now, but closer to the date, if first show is not sold out, might consider it. Honestly considering trying to reserve a table for Shay and I at the Commodore for that night. I do not need to be right in the weeds for the show, but we'll see.

I was able to get better seats (one section closer to centre) by refreshing the page a few times about 10 minutes after buying the tickets. Luckily the refund policy was pretty much painless.

They charged me a 7$ exchange free last time. I'm anticipating paying it again this time. But I am beyond fine with paying 7 extra dollars for front row

NonPopulus the Nanaimo show is on sale, go to the port theater site, go to events, find Matt click buy tickets there will be a place to enter promo code midnight. viola! 

I am going to both Vans, Vic and Nanaimo and grabbed a VIP for one of the Van shows.  Ok February, get here.  

I also read there would be an option to upgrade your digital copy to a physical ones...hoping this includes Vinyl, then I can upgrade to Vinyl and CD at discounted costs.  

Well looks like I got row 5 section 0 for the London show.  I don't know what section 0 is, hopefully it's decent.  Yippee! This will be my first time seeing Matthew Good live, or anyone really for that matter.  I figured this was the time if I'm ever going to see him play.

Got 2 for the 18th in Van. I got the tickets only 2 minutes after they went live (website was not cooperating) and I got pushed all the way back to row 9. I'm fucking pissed. 10:02 I bought them at and row 9 is where I sit.

Excited to see Matt play nonetheless. I never got to see him play with MGB so this should be the next best thing :D

I had the same experience as you. I clicked on two seats I wanted ... oops, they're gone...move one row back ...gone again...third time was a charm and I got like fifth row, but still ...stupid Ticketbastard.

General Admission means there are no seats, or there are but none are assigned.  So if you buy your brother a seat, enter the venue with him and just sit or stand together...you will be allowed to do so anywhere within the General Admission section.

I like GA shows because I always have friends who get cold feet about buying tickets early, then like two days before the show want to go, but can't sit with us.  In a GA show, as long as they can get any ticket they can still be with our group, so it works out good for those procrastinating friends.  

Edited by adam_777

No, I think some venues do this to keep track of how many tickets have actually been sold to make sure they don't exceed fire codes.  If it says GA or General Admission then you can sit or stand anywhere in that section (which in these venues usually means anywhere within the venue) 

Just grabbed tickets and VIP for the Calgary show. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should buy tickets for the Enoch, AB show + VIP, and stay overnight at the hotel. I don't know... that's a tough one. It would get pretty expensive.

Edited by girl

I'm already second guessing the VIP.  I have to side with Tony.  I have no problem paying $100 or more for a VIP package if it means you get something out of it.  I wish Matt's management had come up with something a little more appetizing to pay that much money for.  I'm not asking for ten minutes witht the guy, but something that gives the package some value would be nice.  They could give you a pre-autographed copy of the EP, for example.  How much would the record company be out for  each of those?

Since they just released the prices, I've figured that it will cost around $180 or so for a ticket and VIP.  And that's at a seated venue, so the front of the line access to the show doesn't really mean anything.

I don't want to come across as whining, I just feel that there's opportunity there to do something great. 

The only thing of substantial value for me is access to the sound check.  For $100 it's just not worth it.  Getting a group shot with the band is ok but a little lame considering we used to get 1-on-1 meet and greets with Matt for free at his bus until not too many years ago, but I don't have a problem with Matt trying to create more revenue this way, it just doesn't provide much value since I already a couple of pics with him.  It would be really cool to get an individual picture with Matt and the band by a pro photographer.  Or even a 1-on-1 pic with the whole band with my own shitty camera.

I'm interested to see which songs will be considered for the vote.  Also it says the soundcheck songs are full band as opposed to last time which was just Matt on acoustic...I'm assuming this will mean a limited number of possible songs to be played/voted upon as Matt has mentioned in the past the band only has limited rehearsal time and ability to learn material.

The only thing of substantial value for me is access to the sound check. For $100 it's just not worth it. Getting a group shot with the band is ok but a little lame considering we used to get 1-on-1 meet and greets with Matt for free at his bus until not too many years ago, but I don't have a problem with Matt trying to create more revenue this way, it just doesn't provide much value since I already a couple of pics with him. It would be really cool to get an individual picture with Matt and the band by a pro photographer. Or even a 1-on-1 pic with the whole band with my own shitty camera.

In his clarification post I believe he said they would be doing individual photos though? Maybe will depend on how many VIPs there are. Last year in Montreal it was maybe 12 of us (#intimate) where as Toronto was waaaaaaay more people.

It would be really cool to get an individual picture with Matt and the band by a pro photographer.  Or even a 1-on-1 pic with the whole band with my own shitty camera.

It looks like you will be able to take a 1-on-1 pic with the whole band with your own camera.

As per Matt in another thread:

The VIP thing sort of just is what it is. I think we'll be doing pics with each person so I guess that's a little one on one.

In his clarification post I believe he said they would be doing individual photos though? Maybe will depend on how many VIPs there are. Last year in Montreal it was maybe 12 of us (#intimate) where as Toronto was waaaaaaay more people.

12? That is really intimate. I wonder why the number was so low.

Edited by girl

Well looks like I got row 5 section 0 for the London show.  I don't know what section 0 is, hopefully it's decent.  Yippee! This will be my first time seeing Matthew Good live, or anyone really for that matter.  I figured this was the time if I'm ever going to see him play.

London Music Hall is general admission. There's no seating, which is nice. He used to play at Centennial Hall, which is a seated venue, and apparently had shitty acoustics. Matt commented last year that he liked the new venue a lot more.

See you at that show.

London Music Hall is general admission. There's no seating, which is nice. He used to play at Centennial Hall, which is a seated venue, and apparently had shitty acoustics. Matt commented last year that he liked the new venue a lot more.

See you at that show.

That's great, although I don't know if I like the idea of standing the whole show.  I'm glad he switched to this venue if it has better sounds.