Moonlight_Graham

Favorite tracks on Chaotic Neutral?

I'm going to rank all the tracks on CN.  I'd like to see your list, or at least your top 3 or top 5.  My list:

1. Tiger By The Tail

2. Cold Water

3. Army of Lions

4. Girls in Black

5. Los Alamos

6. Cloudbusting

7. All You Sons and Daughters

8. Harridan

9. No Liars

10. Moment

11. Kid Down the Well

1. Los Alamos

2. Cold Water

3. Tiger By the Tail

4. Harridan / Army of Lions

5. Kid Down the Well / Moment

6. Cloudbusting

8. Girls in Black

9. No Liars

Honestly I like everything on this album. Although I gave No Liars some extra space, because even though I enjoy seeing it live, I never play it at home. And would be much happier to hear Tiger or Moment which were less played at the shows.

1.  Cloudbusting - I know it's a cover, but I just can't get over how much I love this version, and the live version rocked!                                       

2. Army of Lions                                                                                  

3. Los Alamos

4. Girls in Black

5. Moment

6.  All You Sons and Daughters

7.Cold Water

8. Kid Down the Well                                   

9. Tiger By The Tail            

10.  Harridan

11. No Liars

I still really enjoy this album and it gets regularly played honestly more so for me than LOES, Arrows of Desire or White Lock Rock and Roll Review and probably about as much as Vancouver

1. Cloudbusting
  2. Army of Lions - in theme with the video its one of my favourite driving songs
  3. Girls in Black
  4. Cold Water
  5. Kid Down the Well
  6. Los Alamos
  8. Harridan
  9. Moment
  10. No Liars
  11. Tiger by the Tail

Still regularly listen to this album and even the lowest ranked songs for me on the album are great. Cloudbusting is easily one of my favourite songs ever. Great album.

Here's how it stands for me:

1. Kid Down the Well

2. Cold Water

3. Tiger By the Tail

4. Girls in Black

5. All You Sons and Daughters

6. Cloudbusting

7. Harridan

8. Moment

9. Los Alamos

10. No Liars

11. Army of Lions

I'm not even sure why Army of Lions is my least favourite song on the album, I've just never been able to get into that song.

Here's mine: 

1. Cold Water
  2. Harridan
  3. Army of Lions
  4. Tiger By The Tail
  5. Kid Down the Well
  6. Los Alamos
  7. Cloudbusting
  8. Moment
  9. All You Sons and Daughters
  10. Girls in Black
  11. No Liars

I ALWAYS skip No Liars, I really really don't like it. Girls in Black is also a skipper but not systematically like No Liars.

Harridan

Harridan

Harridan

Harridan

Harridan

Los Alomos

But honestly, it's a really good album. Tough to rank those songs. They always seem to work on different levels.

Why does everyone here dislike No Liars? It's probably my favourite track from Chaotic Neutral, but that's because I'm a sucker for catchy songs (I also love Rico and Anti-Pop). Also, if you go on Spotify you'll see that No Liars is the second most popular song from the album, only behind All You Sons and Daughters, so many of the album's listeners on Spotify share my likening to the song. So what's so bad about No Liars?

Edited by MatthewGoodFan101

Why does everyone here dislike No Liars? It's probably my favourite track from Chaotic Neutral, but that's because I'm a sucker for catchy songs (I also love Rico and Anti-Pop). Also, if you go on Spotify you'll see that No Liars is the second most popular song from the album, only behind All You Sons and Daughters, so many of the album's listeners on Spotify share my likening to the song. So what's so bad about No Liars?

Just a question of preference, no need to get all up in arms. As Matt said himself, art is subjective.

For me, it's because the song is relatively linear in it's construction ...and because it's repetitive at times. The message, lyrics, music are all good...it just doesn't go in directions that excite me as much as the rest of the album.

For the record, I like the song.  I do get why people don't like it as much as others.

You're also asking why a group of diehard MG fans don't love the track with a very poppy sound.

For me, it's because the song is relatively linear in it's construction ...and because it's repetitive at times. The message, lyrics, music are all good...it just doesn't go in directions that excite me as much as the rest of the album.

Sums it up well for me.  I do think the song is decent though.