Sign in to follow this  

They're 30ish now and seem to have grown up quite a bit. Will this be the end of the "Damnit" era?

I hope not. Though I do like what they're doing now.

ive never been into their stuff, and i don't see me getting into their stuff

therefore, i do not care what happens to them and their music.

i am excited to see a 'behind the music' episode on them though...

I own their new CD. It's alright. It's strange though, how in the back, on their bio sort of pages, two of the members have their wives in a picture and the other has a dog. Ha.

My interest in Blink has waivered quite a bit over the years. I loved them in the Dude Ranch era, then started to get a bit sick of them after Enema of the State came out and then down right hated them for a couple years! Then, all of a sudden they put out this catchy little number called Feeling This and i was loving them again... i bought the album and i'd say i'm a Blink 182 fan again.... at least for now!

the new album was amazing, and i was really disapointed that it was poorly received

The new album is great. Love it. The guys are hilarious on Exposed. ;)

I have the Dude Ranch CD, The Mark, Tom and Travis Show, and their newest one. Their music is dramatically different. I prefer their new stuff. Everything is better IMO.

An example of their evolution as musicians is their blow job song, compared to 'Here's Your Letter.'

'It would be nice to get a blow job' over and over, then at the end they add 'From your mom'. There's nothing like that on the new one.

I liked their old stuff up until the 'Take Off Your Pants and Jacket' album then I got sick of it, but their new stuff is quite good. 'I Miss You' is a really sweet song.

I still think this band is terrible.

Just my opinion of course.

I think they've improved quite a bit Tim ;) Have you heard the latest album? It has nothing about dogs licking balls this time.

Yeah, I've heard it. I understand that they've improved in the sense that they're not using the "gross out" factor to sell records. They've most likely matured as people. How long can you really keep the 14 old mentality anyway?

As far as their music goes, I still think it's terrible. Just my taste of course. If Blink 182 is one of your favorite bands, more power to ya. ;)

Edited by Nearing_Fantastica

Not really a favourite lol but I do have a cd or two.

More power to ya, I say! B)

I don't cahnge the station when they're on-but I've never actually spent money on them. I haven't heard anything from this 'new record' though.

I have their CDs but i dont really like them... I saw them once in Madrid, in a Music Festival with some other groups and they didnt sound well, actually...

I like old Blink (Dude Ranch, The Cat one) then they started selling out (Enema and Take off your pants and jacket). But the newist one is great because it is an original blink type tunes, party on

their newest album is UNBELIEVABLE its one of my favorites right now. alot of really catchy songs, these guys are all really talented musicians. the drummer is INSANE some of the rolls he does are so fast! i'd say the high points of the album are: I Miss You, Violence, Stockholm Syndrome, Asthenia, Always, and Easy Target (slick bass line), although the whole thing is pretty rocking... my $.02...

When I was in grade 7, I was all about Dude Ranch. Hahah. I don't listen to them anymore, but I don't think that they're completely terrible.

I have always been a die-hard fan of Blink-182 actually. I loved Dude Ranch. I loved Enema of the State. I loved Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. And I certainly love their self-titled album!! Blink- 182 are probably my favourite musicians (next to Matt Good obviously). But one thing I dislike about Blink-182 is the bass work. I love Mark Hoppus to death, but if he tried, he could actually do something half interesting with his bass guitar. Like Les Claypool for example, now there's a quality bassist.