Guest Idioteque

New Album 2017

Guest Idioteque

Do we have the technology to somehow scroll Matt's tweets on the front page like ESPN? Maybe show Matt's latest instagram photos (that revolve around music). I've been off the internet for a bit & just came back online, I'm kinda shocked at how uncoordinated everything is towards the new album on the Bored haha. 

I don't use twitter & barely use instagram, but there's lots of juicy stuff on social media. https://www.instagram.com/p/BO5UbdQB98k/?taken-by=matthewgoodgram&hl=en

As fans we have a responsibility to archive stuff like that.

With 6 songs basically complete & everything else being completed in April, will we be lucky enough to get a tour at the end of the year?

Sure! Here's my take on the lyrics:

maybe it's exhaustion

you never see

alternatives from ______ (?)

forcefully

oh empire, oh empire

mgm pristine (?)

or maybe it's just me

maybe that's the way it goes

maybe that's the sound of something

breaking up against your walls

decades inside of something

maybe it's the coffin

the dirt on me

thieves who all forgotten (?)

reality

oh vampire, oh vampire

mgm pristine

how long has it been

I really like the sound of this song, and it seems to be about a vampire (or using a vampire as a metaphor). I enjoy the 80's sound of the main riff as well, really cool. I can't wait for the new album!

Edited by RileyLewis

Fucking love the intro and verses for the song. Very intense with strong sense of urgency and the 80s vibe he's channeling is really fresh.

Not a big fan of the chorus yet, though. Like Fought To Fight It the chorus seems to fall short of what preceded it. It feels like some chords were just thrown together for the sake of having a chorus without consideration of whether it matched the intensity and depth of intro and verse.

That said, this is just a first impression and I realize this is just a live recording verses a studio version, and as such I'll reserve final judgement until I actually hear the studio version. Really do appreciate that Matt is willing to play a new song for us during this tour despite the fact he knew it would eventually make it's way to YouTube.

Fucking love the intro and verses for the song. Very intense with strong sense of urgency and the 80s vibe he's channeling is really fresh.

Not a big fan of the chorus yet, though. Like Fought To Fight It the chorus seems to fall short of what preceded it. It feels like some chords were just thrown together for the sake of having a chorus without consideration of whether it matched the intensity and depth of intro and verse.

That said, this is just a first impression and I realize this is just a live recording verses a studio version, and as such I'll reserve final judgement until I actually hear the studio version. Really do appreciate that Matt is willing to play a new song for us during this tour despite the fact he knew it would eventually make it's way to YouTube.

Dammit...

Listened to it a second time. I take what I said about the chorus back. I actually like it now, lol. It has a really optimistic feel to it which, given current events, is something I can appreciate. Funny how first and second impressions differ that way. 

I don't know if people have been listening to the snippets from the new album, but I am excited for how different this is sounding.  Yet another stylistic change for MG.  I don't know if this is for the new album but it's got the feels and some different vibes in my opinion. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTSFzvZhp3E/

I don't know if people have been listening to the snippets from the new album, but I am excited for how different this is sounding.  Yet another stylistic change for MG.  I don't know if this is for the new album but it's got the feels and some different vibes in my opinion. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTSFzvZhp3E/

This clip is incredible.

Listening to Chaotic Neutral the 1st time I was lukewarm on the album halfway through, then Tiger By The Tail and Cold Water came on and they floored me.  Matt's really found a new talent with these kinds of songs since LOES with the subtle vocals and chill or jazzy vibe.  I think these types of songs are the best stuff he's recorded since Avalanche.

That song is called "Bullets In A Briefcase" and that clip is absolutely stunning. Also, when he's singing the high part at the beginning, it's the closest Matt has come to sounding like Mark Hollis (vocally) unless it's the sound. 

Stunning! Simply stunning. 

That song is called "Bullets In A Briefcase" and that clip is absolutely stunning. Also, when he's singing the high part at the beginning, it's the closest Matt has come to sounding like Mark Hollis (vocally) unless it's the sound. 

Agreed. I have a feeling this song will be my favorite out of every Matthew Good/Band song in his catalog. It sounds so different from his previous work. My anticipation for this album and tour is even greater than the Chaotic Neutral and BM Revisited albums. I didn't think that was possible, but he hit one out of the park again. Amazing.

Edited by girl

This clip is incredible.

Listening to Chaotic Neutral the 1st time I was lukewarm on the album halfway through, then Tiger By The Tail and Cold Water came on and they floored me.  Matt's really found a new talent with these kinds of songs since LOES with the subtle vocals and chill or jazzy vibe.  I think these types of songs are the best stuff he's recorded since Avalanche.

Agreed on him being really good at these kind of songs.  Cold Water and Los Alamos are some of the best of his career I think.

How do you know what it's called?

Agreed on him being really good at these kind of songs.  Cold Water and Los Alamos are some of the best of his career I think.

How do you know what it's called?

Instagram.

He did a little blurb about the song in the comment thread on the post.