Guest Idioteque

New Album 2017

Guest jjazz

I really like it. I enjoy this pace a but more compared to the live version. The bass on this version seems to clean things up a bit better.

I really love Stu's parts in the verses. The picking parts along with the lyrical melody, and then the big open chord ringing out right after. Very nice touch. Thumbs up, can't wait for the album.

Guest Idioteque

Us Remains Impossible still can get played once or twice a day, it's up there with Weapon & Load Me Up. Shame he never plays that song live.

Matt's had a few early fall releases in the past, but like others have said they are usually announced well before then.  I still can't see this not coming out before X-Mas, but the later it goes the stranger it seems from a promotional standpoint.  I thought the release info would coincide with the Decades video release because that's a typical way to get some publicity and notice.  But the Decades video released nearly two months ago and there isn't any word of when it's album will be available.  Kind of seems counterproductive.  Let's face it, we're going to know all the details as soon as they're available, but we're not really the market for promotion.  It's the casual fans who like Matt's music and buy it, but don't hang on the every detail of his career.  Well I'd have to think those peoples ears perked up at the Decades single, but any traction it may have generated would have been forgotten by now two months later in a world that unfortunately has 30 second attention spans and most of them have probably forgot about Matt's new album and they'll be promoting almost from scratch again.  

Not that I'm complaining personally, we got a tour already this year, a couple new music videos, a new cover song on that Warner disc and the prospect of a live DVD from last tour a new album and a supporting tour all coming up in the near future.  That's an explosion of Matt Good! far more than we see in most calendar years.  Only thing I wish is we could find out more about back catalog vinyl reissues.  The initial albums said more coming in 2016 and we're nearly at the end of 2017 with no word and with so much else in the pipeline I can't see them releasing these now, but damn I soooo want to be able to complete my MG collection on vinyl! 

Guest Idioteque

What's this talk about a DVD? More info? It's extremely strange for us to not even have the tiniest bit of promotion, let alone an album name and kind of a shot in the dark of when we will get it "New Album Shrimpy Trump coming this Winter!", least that can hype the singles to get a bit more buzz instead of sitting around like some sort of one-offs.

Friendly reminder to all the vinyl lovers, wait. After seeing the prices for the records months after compared to when I bought them right off the bat I easily could have saved a Benjamin. It feels good knowing I have 2 sealed Avalanche originals though, you won't be seeing those go for $300 ever again on ebay once the new ones come out.