Guest Idioteque

New Album 2017

Ohhhh yeah!

This plus the Load Me Up one I posted earlier... it smells live a DVD is indeed in the making!

Woohoo! I'd love the chance to purchase another live recording so I hope the full concert is eventually released (especially for USA fans who didn't make the trip to Canada for the latest tour :)).

Wow, aside from a proshot performance which is rare enough, that audio clarity is really amazing, can hear each instrument so well.  Really looking forward to a full release, if it happens.

If they're releasing clips on Youtube without promo for anything that sounds less hopeful to me.  Would seem like a no-brainer to release this on DVD/Blu-Ray, it was a popular tour for him.

I'm actually worried that Warner's going to want to push this DVD this fall for the holidays and we'll have to wait for the record in March.

Then again there's already two singles out but it seems strange that there's still no announcement of any kind (album name, release dates and so on).

Unless Matt wants to go the old fashion way and just release the record by surprise like they did before the Internet. I know he digs that kind of thing.

It's not too often that I'm disappointed in a MG song but so far neither song released is doing much for me. Bad Guys Win is pretty bland to me and Decades is better but is missing something. The chorus is kind of generic to me but I quite like the verses and riffs. Usually the single/s bring some sort of intrigue but not so much this time. The clip to Bullets in a Briefcase however piqued my interest.

This is interesting. I don't know why or where this information is available from but this is what showed up when I typed Matthew Good new album in Google:https://www.google.ca/search?q=matthew+good+new+album&oq=Matthew+good+&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.1.3.0l5.85688.104381.0.107076.39.29.0.2.2.15.381.4572.5j16j5j2.28.0....0...1.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..25.14.2678.kPce0plaj9Y

• Upvote 2

Here's a screenshot of the apparent song list.

something-like-a-storm.PNG

"Something Like a Storm" was one of the demos MG released awhile back.

1. Bad Guys Win 4:25
  2. Decades 3:40
  3. Men at the Door 4:56
  4. There the First Time 4:49
  5. Days Come Down 4:09
  6. Something Like a Storm 5:56
  7. She's Got You Where She Wants You 4:11
  8. This Is Night 4:58
  9. Bullets in a Briefcase 6:23

"Release date: October 20, 2017"

• Upvote 1

This is interesting. I don't know why or where this information is available from but this is what showed up when I typed Matthew Good new album in Google:https://www.google.ca/search?q=matthew+good+new+album&oq=Matthew+good+&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.1.3.0l5.85688.104381.0.107076.39.29.0.2.2.15.381.4572.5j16j5j2.28.0....0...1.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..25.14.2678.kPce0plaj9Y

Well then....just ask Google and ye shall receive....thx!

Guest Idioteque

October 20th isn't that far away, most bands start promoting months in advance. It should have been done for the music videos to create more of a hype. 

It's so stupid that I have OCD for this but I hate when there's multiple starting letters that are the same, drives me nuts. 

That's kind of strange that there's been no announcement and it's due to come out in just over a month.

Which is why I think he wanted to create a surprise. He did talk about how great it was in the past that you didn't know months before when a new Pink Floyd record came out (I'm paraphrasing). 

Guest Idioteque

Is this the surprise though? Just left it to the chance a guy stumbles upon it on Google? I expect there's to be a professional press release, record label breaking the news, something.

I'd hope we would at least get another single (3 songs released before an album's release in more than a month is normal) or new album artwork on social media for people to share & trend.

It's usually normal for amazon or ticket website to accidentally let slip the name of a new record, im hoping this is the reason too.

Guest Idioteque

Did they release 2 really expensive music videos before their album dropped showing that somethings in the works? I think Matt has something up his sleeve, all I'm saying. 

I just need a pre-order date, so I know when to save up my pennies. 

Here's a screenshot of the apparent song list.

something-like-a-storm.PNG

"Something Like a Storm" was one of the demos MG released awhile back.

"Release date: October 20, 2017"

It will be interesting to hear a much shorter version of something like a storm.  The long version of that song is so good.

Now only 5 song names show up on Google.  Huh! Now things are getting interesting eh?

Excited to see Something Like A Storm.  Quite disappointed to see the drastically reduced length.  I knew it wouldn't be nearly as long, but I hoped it would still be at least 10-15 minutes.