Guest Idioteque

New Album 2017

Guest Idioteque

Seems there will be a secret event in Toronto on the 19th.

Songs from the new album will be played

"Matthew Good - Secret Performance and Q&A

Sign up below for a chance to attend Matthew Good's secret performance and Q&A in Toronto. 50 fans will be contacted with details.

The 50 selected fans will be contacted with details on Monday, October 16th.

Please Note: Fans under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult."

Sign up below for a chance to attend Matthew Good's secret performance and Q&A in Toronto. 50 fans will be contacted with details.

I signed up for the draw.  That would be pretty awesome.  Love Alan Cross too.

Cool!  I'll let my friends in Toronto know.

Guest Idioteque

The contest is on his facebook page if anyone is looking, I applaud the free live stream of the concert. I've wanted another one of these events since the Vancouver special on Bravo. 

Matthew Good's Facebook yesterday:

They will be performing select songs from the new album ‘Something Like a Storm’ (available on October 20th), along with a couple of past favourites.

If it's anything like the 2013 Indie88 Unplugged with Matt Good and Q&A hosted by Alan Cross, my guess is that they'll play 3 songs from the new album and two past favourites... so approximately 5 songs?

Indie88 Unplugged with Matthew Good, 2013

Love the orchestration of strings and cello. Likewise, the unexpected punch of rhythm guitar and forceful drums throughout the song are fantastic. Really enjoyed those aspects.  

However, the end of the song and the fade that brings it in come waaaaaay too quick. The whole song feels like it's a build towards something incredible and then.....it just fades out before anything actually happens. Maybe that was point of the song in relation to the title, but I still feel let down by it overall. 

I'll be interested to see what Matt and the band do with the song live. Hopefully they'll add some piano throughout and an ending that is fitting to something that teases such intensity throughout. 

Love the orchestration of strings and cello. Likewise, the unexpected punch of rhythm guitar and forceful drums throughout the song are fantastic. Really enjoyed those aspects.  

However, the end of the song and the fade that brings it in come waaaaaay too quick. The whole song feels like it's a build towards something incredible and then.....it just fades out before anything actually happens. Maybe that was point of the song in relation to the title, but I still feel let down by it overall. 

I'll be interested to see what Matt and the band do with the song live. Hopefully they'll add some piano throughout and an ending that is fitting to something that teases such intensity throughout. 

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. Seems like it is building up to a crescendo ... then fades away. It's literally "something" like a storm ...

Me too. It's absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to hear it live soon. I bet Bullets in a Briefcase is just as beautiful. This song alone warrants going to more than one Matt Good.concert. I hope they play in Banff on the upcoming tour. It's been a while since they're toured there.

It's up on YouTube now. Holy crap is that ever an awesome song. Very reminiscent of the old days, with a lot of the styling of of the newer stuff. Really cool. It's gonna be great live.

It's up on YouTube now. Holy crap is that ever an awesome song. Very reminiscent of the old days, with a lot of the styling of of the newer stuff. Really cool. It's gonna be great live.

We need keys for this tune live dammit! (Edit: And I say that in an encouraging way, not a damn it! We need a keyboardist! kinda way)

Edited by andydanger85

I'm trying to hold out for the album. Decades and Bad Guys Win is enough. Arrows of Desire was kind of more enjoyable I think because I hardly knew any songs beforehand, as opposed to other albums where I heard every song in demo form. Not that that's not great in its own way.