Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new OLP EP  Somethingness Vol 1?  So far I am really loving "Nice to Meet You".   I honestly think it could be a huge radio single and it stays in your head for a long time.  Drop me in the water is good but a poor single choice in my opinion.  Curious to hear what others think.

I like a lot of the stuff they came out with with the vault. I selfishly wish they had more releases but for what it was I liked it.  I would have put  "hurt yourself"  "summertime sadness"  "won't back down"  "the fix"  on a disc with the 4 tracks we have now and filled an album.  Very curious to see what comes with part 2 and what we will hear on the Clumsy 20th anniversary tour.

I just heard 'Drop Me In The Water' for the first time recently on radio.  Think it's excellent.  Has an edge to it, different feel than most of their older singles which lean more "pop rock".

Just gave "Nice To Meet You" a spin, blech sounds pretty average & uninspired.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new OLP EP  Somethingness Vol 1?  So far I am really loving "Nice to Meet You".   I honestly think it could be a huge radio single and it stays in your head for a long time.  Drop me in the water is good but a poor single choice in my opinion.  Curious to hear what others think.

I really enjoyed it and need to get myself a physical copy. There's honestly not a single song I dislike on there (though I suppose that's not hard to pull off when there are only 4 songs, lol).

Drop Me in the Water is definitely a fav. It's not a reinvention of themselves, but it's just straight up raw and soulful (sort of like Curve, but almost better). Also happy to hear how good Jason sounds on the drums. While no one obviously would have wanted Jeremy to leave, I'm glad that if anyone was going to replace him it ended up being Jason. He's got a unique sound I can't quite describe but it's very unconventional and I like that. Actually reminds me of Jeremy a bit. Oh, and the outro on it was a wicked closer. It has sort of a "Mars Volta/RATM/OLP" feel to it. The double lead, the drums and the bass are all nice and dirty.

Hiding Place for Hearts was a pretty different kind of song for them and I liked that they tried something different. Great lyrics/vocals and great instrumentation choices that gave the song a really intimate, important and intense vibe to it.

And, like you, I really liked Nice to Meet You. Catchy, simple, loved the falsetto, and has a some great vocal delivery by Raine during the verses. Can listen to that one on repeat for quite some time.

Lastly, while I don't think it's bad song by any means, Falling into Place is probably my least favorite, though it has definitely grown on me.