Chellelyru

Days Come Down

Sounds good. Yeah, the mix seems to be kind of tinny, it could just be spotify's version...I hope. It's also quite quiet compared to other tracks on Spotify. I hope it's just a lower-quality compression or something.

EDIT - Good song, though! Very upbeat.

Edited by RileyLewis

Do we have lyrics for this one yet?

Some is hard to tell, others just don't seem right as they sound to my ear. Like the second line there sounds like ladders, but letters seems more correct in the context of the surrounding lyrics. Someone correct my attempt! haha

you buried me in a suit

made of old letters
magazines
mostly pages of mother tones in the nation
better living
bits of patience
which you need

drove away in the Valiant
my old man that he gave me
slant six
busted tail light
ivory green

when the days come down
when they run out
catch you catching me
when the days come down

i was interred in a church without no ceiling
with a (bear?) who was out ???
watching from the trees

as i stood upon the water
there silhouettes my daughter
waving back at me
well sometimes i get it 
what it is i came for
like the screaming of your firstborn
sounds like singing

when the days come down
you laid right out
catch you catching me
when the days come down
catch you catching me
oh oh

catch you catching me

Edited by PlasticSoldier
  • Upvote 1

I had mentioned the exact same thing about the mix in other thread (I'm on Spotify as well).  I've actually noticed this on all 3 songs released so far, it was one of the first things I noticed about Bad Guys Win and it's continued through the other two songs.  I'm not an expert in this type of field, but the drums seem very prominent, the vocals are a bit drowned out and sound a bit muffled to me.  I think it could be a intended effect to bring the drums out a bit more, the vocals I'm not sure.

I really like all the 3 songs so far though, interested to hear some of the deeper cuts on the album though.

EDIT: I'm listening to the version of Days Come Down on YouTube now and it does sound better.  I'm not sure if it's just because the overall level is higher, but I think the vocals sound better too, still a bit drowned out but not as muffled, I actually like how it sounds on YouTube.  I'm not sure if this an attempt at a Steve Albini-esque mix?  Think Nirvana's "In Utero", The Pixies' "Surfer Rosa" or any album by the The Breeders.

Edited by Curtster

Some is hard to tell, others just don't seem right as they sound to my ear. Like the second line there sounds like ladders, but letters seems more correct in the context of the surrounding lyrics. Someone correct my attempt! haha

you buried me in a suit

made of old letters
magazines
mostly pages of mother tones in the nation
better living
bits of patience
which you need

drove away in the Valiant
my old man that he gave me
slant six
busted tail light
ivory green

when the days come down
when they run out
catch you catching me
when the days come down

i was interred in a chruch without no ceiling
with a (bear?) who was out ???
watching from the trees

as i stood upon the water
there silhouettes my daughter
waving back at me
well sometimes i get it 
what it is i came for
like the screaming of your firstborn
sounds like singing

when the days come down
you laid right out
catch you catching me
when the days come down
catch you catching me
oh oh

catch you catching me

I get the same thing. The 'bear' line sounds like "with a bear who was out eating watching from the trees".

I can't make out if he says 'old letters' or 'old lotters' (which doesn't exist) or ladders (which doesn't make sense). So letters seems right, just pronounced differently.

I get the same thing. The 'bear' line sounds like "with a bear who was out eating watching from the trees".

I can't make out if he says 'old letters' or 'old lotters' (which doesn't exist) or ladders (which doesn't make sense). So letters seems right, just pronounced differently.

I got the same bear line as you. The first line sounds like "old lighters" to me. Will be interesting to see the official version.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's "They buried me in a suit made of old lattice"?

http://www.tfd.com/lattice

That could also make sense! Great find!

I can hear that "old lighters" now that you've said that, which makes sense as fire starter material to go with the following lines

bear who was out eating just seemed like such an odd line so i wasn't really sure if that is what is was haha

That could be with Matt's propensity for lighting himself on fire, figuratively speaking of course.  ;)

Guest Idioteque

I played the song on Spotify a few days ago on loud while cleaning my room. I remember constantly looking over at my phone in confusion "Did my phone just freeze?.. did the song skip?"

There's definitely something subtle but ebrupt with the mix.