Guest Idioteque

RIP Tom Petty

Guest Idioteque

We've lost so many great musicians this year, Petty is one of the biggest hits for me. Tom is a musical genius & wrote some of the best songs in history. You couldn't make a list of Top 50 greatest albums in history without half his discography being included. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ

(Update: 2:41pm LAPD clarified it cannot confirm Tom Petty's death, so PLEASE let him pull through. Crank his music people! Let the Universe know he doesn't deserve to leave us yet)

Guest Idioteque

That's exactly how I got into his music, flipping through his discography like "He wrote that song? he wrote that song too?!"

Tom just pumped out singles, catchy tune after catchy tune.

It's also been confirmed by his family & manager he's passed away. Pretty irresponsible for news sites to jump the gun but with how hectic everything is currently with Las Vegas, I imagine this story got caught in the mix.

There's very few artists that will keep their music spinning 50 years from now, Queen/Metallica/ACDC etc. Tom Petty is definitely cemented with those legendary bands.

A really really sad loss. A terrific musician, can't say enough good things about him.

Do yourself a favour and listen to Into The Great Wide Open. One of my favourite albums of all time.