squall17

Musicians on New Album

I am wondering if there is any info regarding the personnel on Something Like a Storm. While I am a fan of pretty much everything Matt puts out, I find that the recordings which feature Stu on guitar have a slight edge in terms of musicality. To further that, I typically see at least one show every tour and find that, for me, concerts where Stu is playing are a touch more impressive.

I've enjoyed seeing Stu perform with Matt for roughly 10 years now, minus his absence in the LOES and AOD era. I was absolutely thrilled to see his return on the CN tour and have fingers crossed that he will be back for another round, both on the album tracks and live in concert.

Any details are appreciated. Thanks.

I am wondering if there is any info regarding the personnel on Something Like a Storm. While I am a fan of pretty much everything Matt puts out, I find that the recordings which feature Stu on guitar have a slight edge in terms of musicality. To further that, I typically see at least one show every tour and find that, for me, concerts where Stu is playing are a touch more impressive.

I've enjoyed seeing Stu perform with Matt for roughly 10 years now, minus his absence in the LOES and AOD era. I was absolutely thrilled to see his return on the CN tour and have fingers crossed that he will be back for another round, both on the album tracks and live in concert.

Any details are appreciated. Thanks.

Go here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BacDHYMFtuEKreVfrmmS3guzsMm0APnKXY-UwM0/?taken-by=andydanger85

Fourth picture in the photoset. Full list...I think some songs got a little cut off but most of them you can see when you get the album.

EDIT:

Yes, this is Matt's usual band. Stu, Blake and the new bassist Peter Fusco. If you scroll back through Matt's instagram he posted videos of the recording process and Stu, Blake and Peter will be on the tour according to the Q&A videos posted to his Facebook.

Edited by andydanger85

The band itself has become a lot more fun to watch.  It looks like they're having fun.  Peter looks like the type that likes to be in the background, which is fine with me.  I don't really think a combination has ever sounded better than this.  I do miss Anthony on some stuff though.

The band itself has become a lot more fun to watch.  It looks like they're having fun.  Peter looks like the type that likes to be in the background, which is fine with me.  I don't really think a combination has ever sounded better than this.  I do miss Anthony on some stuff though.

I tend to agree! Though, I kinda preferred Bones to Peter ... but he seems like old hat already and like everybody is old and good friends and that vibe is amazing and unmistakeable!