RileyLewis

Tour: 2018

Just hearing of the news this morning. I think Matt performing while ill really shows his character. He could have cancelled or even phoned it in. He didn't and will always have my respect for being a true showman. He put his fans over his health and unfortunately his body couldn't hold up last night. Events like this make me realize not to take anything for granted and to appreciate everything that not only Matt, but all artists do for us their fans.   Get well soon MG we will be here when you come back!

Wow.  My heart dropped when I heard the radio guy announce that Matt collapsed on stage last night.  I'm glad that he's feeling better.

It's a true testament to his character that he was trying to tough it out.  These tours always seem to take a real toll on his body and health.

I hope he's alright and back to touring form soon.

We love you Matt and appreciate all of that you have done for us  over the years. I hope you feel better soon.and made a speedy recovery.

At the soundcheck, Matt went out of his way to thank me me for buying an OK sweatshirt. That made my day. I could tell he was under the weather when he said that though. It was written all over his face. 

Edited by girl

Absolutely scary to even hear about, can’t imagine witnessing that. Glad it’s sounding like he will be ok. And all class to OLP for respectfully carrying on and sending their wishes to MG. Did the show end early or did OLP extend their set to end at normal time?

Edited by Stwlegend

Did the show end early or did OLP extend their set to end at normal time?

OLP started their set 15 minutes early and played for 1h21m - which seems to be in line with show lengths from other cities. 

Editing from both March 27 sets is completed.  Head over to The Lounge for your MP3 and FLAC links, and if you're just curious what the sound was like here are a few song samples from both bands: 

I was at the show last night.  It was pretty hard to watch when he fell over.  Wishing MG the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Last night's Advertising on Police Cars was the best version I've ever seen!!  He started off solo/acoustic and then the band joined in.  It was awesome.  Hopefully he plays it for the rest of the tour.

hope he rests up. Coming back so soon may not be the best idea  but if he does I hope all goes well. The guy is an icon and has been a staple  in my life for close to 20 years. Hate to see him hurt. 

Editing from both March 27 sets is completed. Head over to The Lounge for your MP3 and FLAC links, and if you're just curious what the sound was like here are a few song samples from both bands:

Hey, Sean. Thanks for recording the show. I found it tough to listen to having been in attendance and knowing what was about to come during Alert Status Red. I really love that version of Advertising on Police Cars. What a beautiful way to open a show. That was really special. Edited by NonPopulus

Latest MG Instagram post (I think from this morning) states he is leaving the hospital and intends to play the last two shows of the tour. He asks for understanding for any potential hiccup that may occur. In awe of his fortitude and truly hope it goes well. I do have tix for the Abbotsford show so I am a little nervous, not about the prospect of cancellation but that MG may be pushing himself too hard.

The last person to ask me if I was doing alright from the MG collapse, was at the Lights concert too. So I said Hi to her haha.

Matt posted on his instagram story of being flown out by a friend and they shared their oxygen with him haha

-------------------------

Anyone at the Kelowna show tonight? How'd it go?

Apparently OLP did acoustic Strange Days as well as Hello Time Bomb in Prince George? I wanna hear that!

Edited by PlasticSoldier

here's my video of Strange Days from the 27th. 

Of course some ass yells for Rico, but I love Matt's response.

I am amazed at how good he sounds despite the fact that he can barely move here. He basically plants himself in the same spot, almost the entire song. Good video, man. 

Latest MG Instagram post (I think from this morning) states he is leaving the hospital and intends to play the last two shows of the tour. He asks for understanding for any potential hiccup that may occur. In awe of his fortitude and truly hope it goes well. I do have tix for the Abbotsford show so I am a little nervous, not about the prospect of cancellation but that MG may be pushing himself too hard.

Agreed. I'm amazed but still wish he would have just cancelled the last few dates. At least it's almost done though.

Kelowna was really good last night.  Didn't get much for banter or movin' around, but the voice was on point as were the rest of the guys.  Impressed with the choice to start things off with Apparitions solo - wakes up in the Edmonton hospital, flies out to BC on oxygen, hides behind nobody!  Way to go Matt.

Apparitions (solo acoustic)

Something Like a Storm

Load Me Up

A Boy & His Machine Gun

Men at the Door

Strange Days

Born Losers

Weapon

Bullets

HTB in the encore

Abbotsford was thoroughly awesome, he sounded quite awesome singing as usual but seemed pretty mumbly when speaking and definitely kept the banter to a minimum compared with other shows I’ve attended (all completely understandable of course). I meant to take notes on the set list but got too focused on the performance to bother.

That's scary to hear of Matt's collapse.  Does anyone know why it happened?  Hopefully he's alright.

He had pneumonia. He was rushed to the hospital, missed the Prince George show and then played the last two shows standing still with an oxygen tank on call. He's prone to the pneumonia because of his sarcoidosis (and I would imagine that the smoking doesn't help, either).