RileyLewis

Tour: 2018

That there's a pretty good setlist, for being a shared headlining spot.  Doesn't seem like it'll be 50/50.

14 Songs for OLP according to Setlist.fm.

Seems like the mix is 60-40 in favour of OLP. Matt's songs tend to skew longer than OLP's, but the one's being played - save Weapon and Giant - are all in the 3-4 minute range.

Still pumped though. When Matt still posted here, he alluded to this sort of mix though. Hits and a few new tunes. SLAS being toured properly later this year.

Seems like the mix is 60-40 in favour of OLP. Matt's songs tend to skew longer than OLP's, but the one's being played - save Weapon and Giant - are all in the 3-4 minute range.

Still pumped though. When Matt still posted here, he alluded to this sort of mix though. Hits and a few new tunes. SLAS being toured properly later this year.

It's a good mix of old and new.  Kinda makes me want to go now.

I'm not surprised with the ratio of OLP & MG.  I'm curious to see if Matt will go on first every night, or if they're switching.

I was at the Moncton Show, I don't have this in perfect order

Something Like a Storm

Hello Time Bomb

Decades

Load Me Up

Strange Days

Born Losers

Weapon

Apparitions

There the First Time

Bullets in a Briefcase

I'm missing one, I'm sure there was 11 but I can't think of it.  Apparitions was outstanding, best I've ever heard it. The whole set was fantastic.  He was not in the encore with OLP like was mentioned in the media and such prior to the tour.  OLP did two songs in the encore, Ballad of a Poet and Starseed.

I was at the Moncton Show, I don't have this in perfect order

Something Like a Storm

Hello Time Bomb

Decades

Load Me Up

Strange Days

Born Losers

Weapon

Apparitions

There the First Time

Bullets in a Briefcase

I'm missing one, I'm sure there was 11 but I can't think of it.  Apparitions was outstanding, best I've ever heard it. The whole set was fantastic.  He was not in the encore with OLP like was mentioned in the media and such prior to the tour.  OLP did two songs in the encore, Ballad of a Poet and Starseed.

Man. I really hope that between my 3 shows I get to see Bullets live. Fingers crossed.

Bummer about the encore though. I was pretty stoked for the collab. So hopefully it comes along.

Halifax set list (order is pretty close but not 100% sure it is exact):

Bad Guys Win

Load Me Up

Decades

Men At The Door

Strange Days

Something Like A Storm

Born Losers

Apparitions

Future is X-Rated

Weapon

Giant

Matt did come back for one song of the encore with OLP - Hello Time Bomb. Raine sang lead vocals. Messed up a lot of the lyrics but they had a ton of fun and it really showed. Pretty good overall.

Man. I really hope that between my 3 shows I get to see Bullets live. Fingers crossed.

Bummer about the encore though. I was pretty stoked for the collab. So hopefully it comes along.

found a video of that Hello Time Bomb

Bullets was pretty great, wasn't expecting it.  Hope you get to see it!

Also thank you for posting the Halifax Encore!

Wasn't sure how I would feel about this - hope they play more together - made me smile. 

They should all come out one night and do a Big Wreck or Moist song together just to really fuck with everyones head!

found a video of that Hello Time Bomb

This is fantastic! Good to see both bands in on all the fun as well. Jason and "Donny" on percussion, Steve, Stu and Matt on dueling guitars, Duncan on Bass and Raine on vocals. Perfect.

Edit: And Blake is so epic I forgot to mention him on drums because his presence speaks for itself haha!

Edited by andydanger85

Montreal Setlist

Something Like a Storm

Xrated

Decades

Strange Days

Born Losers

There the first time

Alert status red

Load me up

Apparitions

Weapon

Bullets

We were treated to hearing bullets twice during soundcheck so three times total which was awesome. Great show as always.

post-5265-0-19053100-1520525477_thumb.jpg

post-5265-0-67657500-1520525492_thumb.jpg

post-5265-0-02396500-1520525513_thumb.jpg

Edited by mackie1023
  • Upvote 1

Montreal Setlist

Something Like a Storm

Xrated

Decades

Strange Days

Born Losers

There the first time

Alert status red

Load me up

Apparitions

Weapon

Bullets

We were treated to hearing bullets twice during soundcheck so three times total which was awesome. Great show as always.

How are Bullets and especially Something Like a Storm translating live? All that people have posted on Youtube for this tour are the popular MGB ones like Load Me Up, Apparitions, and The Future is X-Rated (because of course it's not like we have enough of those floating around online....). I'm really looking forwards to hearing stuff from SLAS live in Calgary (hopefully). 

Also, apparently Matt and the band did Time Bomb again with OLP last night. Hope they throw an OLP song into their set list eventually. 

Edited by daniel_v

SLAS was really good, had a very heavy feel to it. Bullets was amazing. Matt's delivery made it very emotional.

Decades was fun live. There the first time was the song henwoukd have gone into the crowd for but there was nowhere in this venue for him to go so he stood at the front on the barricade ledge right in front of me and Emma for the whole song, which I will certainly not complain about.

I do wish there was more collab for the encore but time bomb was fun with everyone up on stage.

ETA I think Emma may have video of bullets from sound check, so maybe she will pop in and post it eventually

How are Bullets and especially Something Like a Storm translating live? All that people have posted on Youtube for this tour are the popular MGB ones like Load Me Up, Apparitions, and The Future is X-Rated (because of course it's not like we have enough of those floating around online....). I'm really looking forwards to hearing stuff from SLAS live in Calgary (hopefully).

Also, apparently Matt and the band did Time Bomb again with OLP last night. Hope they throw an OLP song into their set list eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQM7LD0lAz4

Edited by mackie1023

What was the difference between the two soundcheck ones? Or was it just really wanting to make sure it was right for the show?

Love the first picture you posted there, really nice

What was the difference between the two soundcheck ones? Or was it just really wanting to make sure it was right for the show?

Love the first picture you posted there, really nice

Two different guitars. Figuring out which one was gonna work better balancing the sound levels for the venue I believe!

And yes!!!!!!! Laura i didn’t know you took a picture yayayyyyyyy

And I did record about Bullets from the second verse on at sound check. It’s coming!

That photo was from the guy two people to my right. There were zero ways that I could snap one he was just too close!

Two different guitars. Figuring out which one was gonna work better balancing the sound levels for the venue I believe!

And yes!!!!!!! Laura i didn’t know you took a picture yayayyyyyyy

And I did record about Bullets from the second verse on at sound check. It’s coming!

Oh you can give me credit for the first one hahaa. The up close of Matt though, that was someone else's I found on the event page. If I would've taken a photo from my vantage point you probably could have seen up his nose lol.

I only took a few photos this show though. Kinda just wanted to enjoy it

Then I don't like it as much ;) haha

It feels weird to have so many shows to go until I get to go. Not used to this way around!

Was at the Hamilton show last night. I was hoping that I was going to see Indestructible. I know Matt hates that song and hasn't played it in 10 years, but when I asked Matt during Raine and his Twitter AMA in January if he'd ever play it again, Raine responded saying "I'll do Indestructible if Matt won't". I was excited by that because I actually thought he was being serious, but I guess he wasn't. I was also hoping that Matt would play Tripoli (which I've never seen him play live) because I recall him mentioning that song as one of the songs he'd play on this tour, but he didn't play that song either. He even dedicated a song from Audio of Being to OLP drummer Jason Pierce because "he likes that album so much", but he played Advertising on Police Cars. Still enjoyed the show though.

Edited by MatthewGoodFan101