jaydee

2018 Vinyls - April 6th

I really want that Audio of Being. Bad. Haha. I own the black one on CD, so it would be insane to get a white one or a grey one after so many years. I wonder if "A Pleasurable Headache" will be included?

Edit:

The absurd irony of committing to high-fidelity, an EP called "Lo-Fi B Sides ...", as well as Loser Anthems - which is also recorded at demo-level quality, is not lost on me. I'm not complaining or anything, because there's some great songs contained therein, but it is a little funny.

Edited by andydanger85

I've always assumed it'll be the black art as that is the "standard" since the sleeve for the ones with "A Pleasurable Headache?" was that. BUT if they do alternates that would be nice (with slight annoyances as I HAVE to buy them and that's even more money haha)

Interesting how Amazon used the white cover for it, and Avalanche is the orange/red cover.

And of course BOTH still tease us with no cover art for LoFi/Loser Anthems... although it'd be nice if Matt gets to reveal that and not a random finding like the tracklisting for Something Like A Storm

Fantastic news.  As someone with an original Avalanche I really appreciate that Matt went out of his way to ensure this version was different, it seems like different cover art and different colour vinyl makes both unique.  Very much looking forward to these three records, absolutely first day purchases for me.  

Sweet. We are closing on our house that day so just add this to the pile of money exiting my bank account.

Very excited though and I also appreciate that he made Avalanche different from the original.

isn't that how things you need to purchase always work out?

As someone with no record player and who is usually listening to music on the go, I just wish I could find some 24/96 vinyl rips of these, or hi-res digital files of anything older than CN.

I have a record player that has an output to plug into the computer to rip files. I could look at what it's capable of if that's all it takes.

I more or less purchased a player just to play the previous round of vinyl. I wish I could explain why I like it, but I do. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest... I couldn't tell you the difference between the versions even a little bit. There's just something about them that I like. 

I more or less purchased a player just to play the previous round of vinyl. I wish I could explain why I like it, but I do. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest... I couldn't tell you the difference between the versions even a little bit. There's just something about them that I like. 

I feel ya!  I did pretty much the same thing.  I can say that I like the ACT of playing vinyl...a lot!  I love carefully taking it out of it's sleeve and looking at it to see if there are any scratches, putting it on the record player, positioning the arm and hearing the music start to play.  There seems to be a richer experience attached to the whole process; one which is calming. 

I find this kind of calm attached to organic experience in my reading as well.  I always have a book loaded on the e-reader on my phone, in case I'm caught in a situation of boredom.  That's always the back up, though.  I would rather read an actual book:  feeling the weight of it in my hands, examining the pages for wear and tear; existent or non-existent, the smell of the book wafting out from the pages.  The entire process of reading an actual book is delicious, as it the process of listening to a record as opposed to clicking a button on my computer or cell phone.

Somewhere along the line we got really comfortable with "easy" being a reasonable trade off for "experience"...or maybe it's just that the things I love most are those things which are being replaced by electronically simplified and dumbed down processes.

• Upvote 1

Definitely a strange case here.  Amazon is usually correct with these type of things and for a large variety of recent releases by bands Amazon has been the one to tip off not only the release date of the product, but sometimes what product is being released at all.  They often have it up before the band announces it.  However, I've never seen an amazon listing so close to the release date where nothing concrete has come from the band at all.  I can't see Matt just letting these get released unannounced, but amazon is still listing a date of April 6th, perhaps we'll get an announcement following the weekend.  I'm sure hoping I cannot wait for these three releases.  

I honestly haven't listened to any MG since about 2 or 3 weeks after SLAS was released, but I'm already emotional about hearing remastered Audio of Being, and while I was planning on only getting the AoB/Loser Anthems vinyls, the thought of hearing Weapon/Avalanche/Near Fantastica/Bright End/HoSAM on the new vinyl was too tempting, so why not?

The Hospital Music and BM remasters gave me a whole new appreciation for those albums, both of which I've listened to hundreds of times, so I'm looking forward to hearing what tiny little bits I can pick out of these new ones.  

He did comment on one of his IG posts that he thought the April 6 release date was probably correct, in response to someone asking him.

Maybe they didn't want to make a big deal after the last round had so many delays? It does seem a bit odd. Or perhaps they thought they were going to have these pressed in time for tour but didn't.

Guest jjazz

Confirmed from a friend who works at sunrise, they've gotten them in. So these should be shipping on time with no production delays.