jaydee

2018 Vinyls - April 6th

3 hours ago, jesse parkinson said:

So...

Musicvaultz got back to me a few days ago and said they'd ship me out the avalanche white vinyl since they accidentally sent me the black. Didn't have to pay for shipping which was nice. It came quick, got it in the mail yesterday.

Didn't want to open it seeing as I already have the black one, and the white one is probably a limited run, but my curiosity just got the best of me. I opened it up and low and behold, it's the black vinyl again. ???

I can't complain. Now I have 2 copies of a record I've wanted to own for years. And I'll be emailing musicvaultz again, so maybe someday soon I'll have the trifecta of black vinyl avalanche, or maybe they'll surprise me and send me the right one.

Having said all that, I will say musicvaultz has been pretty good in at least trying to resolve the issue. They're not giving me a tough time about anything, and all the orders have been delivered really fast. I know others weren't in the same boat as me though.

you've gotten a response and a reshipment and received it. I've gotten no response yet. 

6 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

you've gotten a response and a reshipment and received it. I've gotten no response yet. 

My reshipment should be here Monday. Hopefully it's a white one. Or I'll have two black vinyls. 

I don't think any of the white vinyl are available til may, has anyone actually received one yet?

Musicvaultz is the only site that has omitted that it is on backorder - their whole listing seems to be a little confused though and the image is of the black one. 

On 4/20/2018 at 10:35 PM, mackie1023 said:

I don't think any of the white vinyl are available til may, has anyone actually received one yet?

Musicvaultz is the only site that has omitted that it is on backorder - their whole listing seems to be a little confused though and the image is of the black one. 

It's possible. I'll keep on bugging them for a white one though until the refund me. 

I just noticed something interesting, as I just got my vinyl today. In the liner note/credit for Lo-Fi B Sides it says "Music by Dave Genn" for BTK. Did it say that on the original Lo Fi? And if not, I wonder if this is enduring BS re: credits and the MGB days ...

1 hour ago, andydanger85 said:

I just noticed something interesting, as I just got my vinyl today. In the liner note/credit for Lo-Fi B Sides it says "Music by Dave Genn" for BTK. Did it say that on the original Lo Fi? And if not, I wonder if this is enduring BS re: credits and the MGB days ...

Yep it says Good/Genn next to BTK

Edited by mackie1023

Just got my order from Matt's Official store (store-08). I ordered LA/Lofi, AoB and of course - white Avalanche. But guess what was shipped - even though on the shrink wrap there was a designated white label - I received a black pressing.

I've shot off an email to them, we'll see where that goes. Hopefully it gets resolved and we don't all end up with 2 or 3 copies of Avalanche - though I don't think thats a bad thing =P

IMG_3142.jpg

Just received mine here in York, Pennsylvania. The Avalanche had a white sticker on the outside of the wrapping. I opened it up and it's black. It's not worth the hassle of sending it back. That being said, I may be done with the vinyl re-issues. I remember the handful of problems the last batch with LAOTGA not having the best track on the album on the vinyl release, the skipping on HM's 99% and then this. Not sure who is doing the re-issues, I did not even have time to look...but that's quite a bunch of slip ups considering the cost of the vinyl. Also, maybe it's my imagination but AOB vinyl doesn't even feel heavy...it's definitely not 180 gram.

I just received my 2018 vinyl from the MG store, and had the same issue- ordered the white vinyl for Avalanche, it had the white sticker on the outside, and there was black vinyl inside. Super disappointed that this seems to be such a widespread issue... I sent off an email to CS, and really hope they're able to provide what I had initially ordered.

It's been quite a series of unfortunate events for all these MG vinyl releases- first no 'Omissions of the Omen' on LOTGA, then a widespread skip defect on Hospital Music, then this fiasco with the white vinyl version of Avalanche...

Emailed the mg store and they will send a replacement. They said to keep the sleeve and wrappings intact bc they may not be included in the reshipments. 

They then sent an email out to all who ordered a white copy to check in.  Hopefully it doesn't take forever to be rectified. 

Kinda funny though - the most wanted and hard to find album is reissued and now many people will end up with two or more copies. 

I ordered my copies of Loser Anthems, and Avalanche a few weeks ago.  I found them on the MG site and had to wait several weeks so that I could get the white vinyl Avalanche.  I had to order my copy of Audio of Being from Amazon as they were sold out on the MG site: it arrived the following day and kept me going until the other two vinyls arrived. 

When I (finally!) received my order of Loser Anthems and Avalanche, I opened them up to find that the Avalanche records were black vinyl.  I emailed the MG site and asked them for instructions regarding how to send them back and get the white vinyl.  I got a prompt response telling me to keep the black vinyl, and the sleeves in case the white vinyl copy they shipped out to me was in any way damaged (ie/ if the sleeves were bent).  I clarified that I didn't have to send anything back and, much to my delight, they confirmed that I was going to be able to keep both copies!  This was the highlight of my week, folks!  I have spent thousands of dollars on MG merch (music, tickets, travel, etc) over the years, and am always happy to do so.  This feels like a gift, however!

The white vinyl arrived and it did, indeed have a tiny bend in one corner of the sleeve so I swapped out the albums and will keep the black vinyl for listening; the white vinyl will be displayed somehow.

I have to say that I have been listening to Loser Anthems pretty obsessively since it arrived and it sounds AAAAH-MAZING on vinyl!  I haven't even put on Avalanche yet (sacreligious, I know), so entranced have I been with Loser Anthems.  I even put it on for a friend who was amazed that this music was Matt Good.  I'm still catching people unawares with Matt's music:  the radio plays really don't do justice to his wide ranging musical talents.

I hope you're all having a great time listening to your copies!

P.S. I found copies of Chaotic Neutral and Something Like A Storm in the discount bin at Sunrise Records:  25% off. 

• Upvote 2

Received my replacement today. They sent the sleeve and everything but the shrinkwrap was off. I had mentioned in my email it was ok for them to do that if they needed to check the colour, so that may not be the case for everyone. The white records are beautiful!

• Upvote 1