jaydee

2018 Vinyls - April 6th

3 hours ago, crthiel said:

Thanks man. I saw that they came available shortly after I ordered them from the musicvaults website in the original post. 

All of the records showed up today and they had free shipping to USA. I am also in Pennsylvania! 

Very cool...small world. Not many US fans but the ones that know the music are usually diehard fans. Stumbling across beautiful midnight in a littl record shop is one of the most important musical discoveries in my life. I’m from the suburbs of York, where are you from? Hope you enjoy the vinyl release 

Guest jjazz

Got mine yesterday, listened to all but avalanche, and they sound fantastic. Lofi/loser anthems as the most enjoyable I found. Opened avalanche to check out the artwork and they shipped the black vinyl instead of the white, which was advertised. So I'll be following up with musicvaultz.

Can't say I am very impressed by musicvaultz. my shipment is said to be arriving this Friday. Damn everything coming out of Ontario! haha

Well before my shipment finally shipped I sent an email to their support asking why a pre-order wasn't sent to arrive on release. They finally get back to me a day after the shipping email "thanks for the message. i can confirm your order shipped out on 9th April and should be with you shortly. We apologise for any delay caused" that's basically all. Since i originally wasn't getting a response from their email support I messaged on facebook, nothing at all there for a response.

In the future I'll use any alternate source available to me.

5 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

Can't say I am very impressed by musicvaultz. my shipment is said to be arriving this Friday. Damn everything coming out of Ontario! haha

Well before my shipment finally shipped I sent an email to their support asking why a pre-order wasn't sent to arrive on release. They finally get back to me a day after the shipping email "thanks for the message. i can confirm your order shipped out on 9th April and should be with you shortly. We apologise for any delay caused" that's basically all. Since i originally wasn't getting a response from their email support I messaged on facebook, nothing at all there for a response.

I think this is one of the reasons online retailers have not entirely eclipsed brick and mortar stores.  On release day my local independant store and Sunrise records both had several copies in stock, yet most people who went the online route are waiting in many cases a week later to receive theirs.  This makes no sense, especially in the case of ordering from musicvaultz.  I mean music vaults made sure shipments got to all the records stores a couple days before release day, but people who preordered weeks ago are left waiting.  If anything people preordering these items should get them a day or two before release day like the record stores do.  A major reason why I almost never preorder records online is because in reality I can walk down to my local record store, get them for the same price (sometimes even cheaper) pay no shipping costs, and have them in my hand ready to play instantly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

a guy i used to work with tagged me on twitter that he purchased the vinyls, and in our exchange there he said he listened to AOB and wasn't impressed with the quality.

Now from your instagram post it's not like I can super tell, but sounds good from that. And my record player isn't super fancy, so I doubt I'd be able to know much difference once I get a chance to listen. 

Interesting the fantastic / unimpressed difference in opinions. maybe it's his setup?

15 minutes ago, PlasticSoldier said:

a guy i used to work with tagged me on twitter that he purchased the vinyls, and in our exchange there he said he listened to AOB and wasn't impressed with the quality.

Now from your instagram post it's not like I can super tell, but sounds good from that. And my record player isn't super fancy, so I doubt I'd be able to know much difference once I get a chance to listen. 

Interesting the fantastic / unimpressed difference in opinions. maybe it's his setup?

It's definitely his set-up. I have an expensive/good record player, but my speakers even are kinda shitty - and it sounded fantastic. Right after I listened to the vinyl, I went for a walk and listened to the MP3/CD quality right after by way of comparison. The vinyl is lush, multilayered, and allows the ambience elements to really shine through. It's one of the best transfers so far of Matt's catalogue. Miles ahead of anything since LOES, and compared with the other re-issues, I'd say so far that it's up there with BM as the best so far.

13 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

Yeah man. Their description says that avalanche is the white vinyl. It's not the fucking white vinyl. I contacted them and awaiting a response. 

17 hours ago, GuitarmanMCS said:

Very cool...small world. Not many US fans but the ones that know the music are usually diehard fans. Stumbling across beautiful midnight in a littl record shop is one of the most important musical discoveries in my life. I’m from the suburbs of York, where are you from? Hope you enjoy the vinyl release 

I live near Pittsburgh but grew up in Western New York. I've been hearing Matthew good since the start as well as many other Canadian bands. Edge 102 was a godsend. 

16 hours ago, jesse parkinson said:

Got mine yesterday, listened to all but avalanche, and they sound fantastic. Lofi/loser anthems as the most enjoyable I found. Opened avalanche to check out the artwork and they shipped the black vinyl instead of the white, which was advertised. So I'll be following up with musicvaultz.

Same for me man. I'm pissed about it. I definitely would have waited another month for the white vinyl from Matt's site. 

Guest jjazz
8 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

That's absolute garbage  because the only reason I ordered mine off musicvaultz was actually because of your post saying they didnt charge for shipping. And keep in mind this after the fact of you posting that, so I received mine on Tuesday afternoon no questions asked.  So yeah.

Take that as you may. I know I'm in Ontario but still. If you haven't recieved it by now, that's messed up. I emailed them about the white vinyl issue and still no reply back. But I bet you they might be dealing with a lot of blowback from others so cooler heads prevail.

Edited by jjazz

6 hours ago, jesse parkinson said:

That's absolute garbage  because the only reason I ordered mine off musicvaultz was actually because of your post saying they didnt charge for shipping. And keep in mind this after the fact of you posting that, so I received mine on Tuesday afternoon no questions asked.  So yeah.

Take that as you may. I know I'm in Ontario but still. If you haven't recieved it by now, that's messed up. I emailed them about the white vinyl issue and still no reply back. But I bet you they might be dealing with a lot of blowback from others so cooler heads prevail.

i assume that is in reply to my previous comment, and not the quoted one? haha so confused at first

Canada post still says estimated 13th, but hasn't updated beyond being in Ontario :/ And the new mail guy comes so late that I have to leave for work (leave at 3pm) before he even stops by.

15 hours ago, crthiel said:

Yeah man. Their description says that avalanche is the white vinyl. It's not the fucking white vinyl. I contacted them and awaiting a response. 

I live near Pittsburgh but grew up in Western New York. I've been hearing Matthew good since the start as well as many other Canadian bands. Edge 102 was a godsend. 

Same for me man. I'm pissed about it. I definitely would have waited another month for the white vinyl from Matt's site. 

Charlie I am also near Pittsburgh. I'm in the Mt Lebo/Greentree area.  Small world

Due to the fact that I initially hedged about getting both Lo Fi and AoB on the same pay period, my AoB has arrived (from Musicvaultz), but my Lo-Fi (which I later went back and got because FOMO/fuck it) has not. I bought it from the official MG store. Any got any of their official MG store purchased stuff yet? I haven't received a shipping notice or anything ...

Edited by andydanger85

18 minutes ago, andydanger85 said:

Due to the fact that I initially hedged about getting both Lo Fi and AoB on the same pay period, my AoB has arrived (from Musicvaultz), but my Lo-Fi (which I later went back and got because FOMO/fuck it) has not. I bought it from the official MG store. Any got any of their official MG store purchased stuff yet? I haven't received a shipping notice or anything ...

Official store says ships around the 20th. If I recall correctly it said that date even when they first went up on there. I don't remember seeing an earlier date. But there is a chance I am misremembering seeing that there after an initial ordering by people?

On 4/14/2018 at 10:30 AM, mackie1023 said:

I didn't even realize there was going to be a white vinyl til mg's store announcement. 

Seeing some of the responses here: I'm assuming Avalanche was supposed to be white all along. I think the "error" that the official store was referring to was that they were pressed on black instead of white. Musicvaultz likely never looked at the albums themselves before shipping them out, and just assumed they were correct. (If so, depending on who screwed that up, the whites would either be a limited run to cover the initial orders, or a repress by the factory to replace the black ones.)

I got my Vinyls on Friday before I went to work thankfully. They JUST responded to my on facebook... with more canned response. So i said that was ridiculous and this whole experience has been terrible, and even though I emailed about the white/black mixup i asked in the facebook messenger chat. shows they saw it, but no response so far.

I have updated all the images on Disorientation for anyone curious :)

On April 13, 2018 at 2:59 PM, PlasticSoldier said:

Official store says ships around the 20th. If I recall correctly it said that date even when they first went up on there. I don't remember seeing an earlier date. But there is a chance I am misremembering seeing that there after an initial ordering by people?

I emailed them and yes, they confirmed this date. The response was indeed a little vague, though. I have a sinking sensation there might be a delay. Remaining optimistic, however.

On April 16, 2018 at 3:32 PM, PlasticSoldier said:

I got my Vinyls on Friday before I went to work thankfully. They JUST responded to my on facebook... with more canned response. So i said that was ridiculous and this whole experience has been terrible, and even though I emailed about the white/black mixup i asked in the facebook messenger chat. shows they saw it, but no response so far.

I have updated all the images on Disorientation for anyone curious :)

Hey dude, checked out your photos on Instagram.

They look great ... might I make a suggestion, though? You may have just placed them this way for the photo, but some wisdom I gained from my parents with regards to storing vinyl is that they should not be stored stacked/flat. Over time, this can warp the soft vinyl and make it unplayable. My grandma had a whole bunch of vintage vinyl that she had stored flat and when my dad and mom were cleaning out her place when she died, they found that all/most of them had warped. They look great stacked, and I know storing them standing up limits their display potential, but you'll be rewarded through years of playability and general awesomeness :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, andydanger85 said:

Hey dude, checked out your photos on Instagram.

They look great ... might I make a suggestion, though? You may have just placed them this way for the photo, but some wisdom I gained from my parents with regards to storing vinyl is that they should not be stored stacked/flat. Over time, this can warp the soft vinyl and make it unplayable. My grandma had a whole bunch of vintage vinyl that she had stored flat and when my dad and mom were cleaning out her place when she died, they found that all/most of them had warped. They look great stacked, and I know storing them standing up limits their display potential, but you'll be rewarded through years of playability and general awesomeness :)

Was just for that photo as where i took the picture I didn't have a clean area to stand them against. This is there normal spot:

20180418_123017.jpg

Guest jjazz

So...

Musicvaultz got back to me a few days ago and said they'd ship me out the avalanche white vinyl since they accidentally sent me the black. Didn't have to pay for shipping which was nice. It came quick, got it in the mail yesterday.

Didn't want to open it seeing as I already have the black one, and the white one is probably a limited run, but my curiosity just got the best of me. I opened it up and low and behold, it's the black vinyl again. ???

I can't complain. Now I have 2 copies of a record I've wanted to own for years. And I'll be emailing musicvaultz again, so maybe someday soon I'll have the trifecta of black vinyl avalanche, or maybe they'll surprise me and send me the right one.

Having said all that, I will say musicvaultz has been pretty good in at least trying to resolve the issue. They're not giving me a tough time about anything, and all the orders have been delivered really fast. I know others weren't in the same boat as me though.

10 minutes ago, jesse parkinson said:

So...

Musicvaultz got back to me a few days ago and said they'd ship me out the avalanche white vinyl since they accidentally sent me the black. Didn't have to pay for shipping which was nice. It came quick, got it in the mail yesterday.

Didn't want to open it seeing as I already have the black one, and the white one is probably a limited run, but my curiosity just got the best of me. I opened it up and low and behold, it's the black vinyl again. ???

I can't complain. Now I have 2 copies of a record I've wanted to own for years. And I'll be emailing musicvaultz again, so maybe someday soon I'll have the trifecta of black vinyl avalanche, or maybe they'll surprise me and send me the right one.

Having said all that, I will say musicvaultz has been pretty good in at least trying to resolve the issue. They're not giving me a tough time about anything, and all the orders have been delivered really fast. I know others weren't in the same boat as me though.

LOL if you get 3 black's that would be insane. I am hoping you get the white one after all the trouble.  Not  a big vinyl guy personally but I have an amazon giftcard and may end up buying the lot.