Outtahere

RIP Marcella

She was a fixture at every Matt Good concert I'd ever attended in Vancouver.  She had one of those larger than life personalities that you couldn't help, but notice her there.  Often Matt would single her out in the crowd and sometimes have a brief chat.  She was obviously a huge life long fan.  Recently she had moved to Victoria and it was strange on the Beautiful Midnight Revisted tour to attend those shows and not notice her at the show.  Obviously she was a member of this forum as well and it's tragic to think she is gone so young.  Pretty cool for Matt to offer a tribute for her.  

• Like 3

?

It's really sad.

When you know someone in a context like this, through music, the internet, liking photos on instagram and chatting about songs and stuff you don't get the full picture. But you still feel connected. Marcy talked openly about her struggles and her fight too. Which deepens the personal though still distant/different connection. 

I wish I had something better to say than I wish I could've done something for her. I feel the loss. I hope she knows the positive impact and touch she had on people's lives and that she'll be missed. 

• Like 2

reading this and extremely sad. I remember chatting with Marcy about video games and moving and she was decorating her new place.  Such a kind person (all of you are) and she is gone way too soon. The world needs more kind people like Marcy. She will be greatly missed ?

• Like 1

As sad as I am about this, I was also upset when I went back to re-read my interactions with her on here - and discovered that all of her posts were gone.

This is the last time I'll make a big deal about this, but people, including any admins, should not have the power to wipe out entire post histories, with the exception of troll and spam accounts. And this is precisely why - they're the record of our interactions - they're our memories. We already lose so much that we know and remember about people when they're no longer with us.

(PS: I'm assuming the deletions must have happened some time ago.)

Edited by uglyredhonda
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, uglyredhonda said:

As sad as I am about this, I was also upset when I went back to re-read my interactions with her on here - and discovered that all of her posts were gone.

This is the last time I'll make a big deal about this, but people, including any admins, should not have the power to wipe out entire post histories, with the exception of troll and spam accounts. And this is precisely why - they're the record of our interactions - they're our memories. We already lose so much that we know and remember about people when they're no longer with us.

(PS: I'm assuming the deletions must have happened some time ago.)

I tried to do the same thing...

Just wanted to chime in and say that it was by her request and under special circumstances, some time ago, and that we no longer do this. Apologies, we didn't really have a policy in place and obviously did not foresee what kind of impact it would have.

Marcy was a great contributor to this site and the MG community as a whole and she will be sorely missed. My sincerest condolences to her loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marcy and I had talked about meeting up at some point to have coffee and just talk. She was new to Vancouver Island then and it just never ended up happening. She and I talked on The Bored quite often though and she was always the first to help critique my bands music. I wish that there were a way in which I could have done more to help her; I knew that she was struggling with mental illness as her and I talked about our mental health together to help one another. She was an incredibly kind person and her absence will always be present, but I hope that she was able to find peace in where she was. 

You will be missed Marcy.

May you rest well.