MatthewGoodFan101

2019 Solo Acoustic Tour

Mod edit: Full concert listings are available at https://www.nearfantastica.com/concerts/

SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT:

Matt is playing at The Moose and Goose in Thorold, Ontario on June 28th. What's strange is that they haven't announced the show on Matt's website or social media yet. I found out about the show through a friend. 

Edited by Crusader

I just had a random look at the shows page on Matt's site.  There is a solo acoustic show in Milton, Ontario listed there for March 8, 2019 (I see this is also listed on the shows page here).  Apparently tickets went on sale on June 1, but there is no venue listed or link for tickets.  It also seems odd that tickets would go on sale 9 months in advance.  Not that I would be buying them (I'm in BC).   This site and a couple others list it at FirstOntario Arts Centre, but it's not currently listed on that venue's website.  The venue's website actually lists another event happening there that night (but maybe they have multiple stages). There looks to be no mention of this show being announced on social media either.  Maybe it was a mistake that this got posted on his site (maybe too early)?

What makes it interesting, is could this be a sign of a solo acoustic tour coming early next year?  Maybe this would just be a one-off, but seems a little random.

Edited by Curtster

11 hours ago, Curtster said:

I just had a random look at the shows page on Matt's site.  There is a solo acoustic show in Milton, Ontario listed there for March 8, 2019 (I see this is also listed on the shows page here).  Apparently tickets went on sale on June 1, but there is no venue listed or link for tickets.

There are two FirstOntario Arts Centres - you might have looked at the website for the one in Saint Catharines.

Tickets: https://secure1.tixhub.com/milton/online/b_otix.asp?cboPerformances=1194&cboEvent=768&perfcount=1

On June 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Curtster said:

I just had a random look at the shows page on Matt's site.  There is a solo acoustic show in Milton, Ontario listed there for March 8, 2019 (I see this is also listed on the shows page here).  Apparently tickets went on sale on June 1, but there is no venue listed or link for tickets.  It also seems odd that tickets would go on sale 9 months in advance.  Not that I would be buying them (I'm in BC).   This site and a couple others list it at FirstOntario Arts Centre, but it's not currently listed on that venue's website.  The venue's website actually lists another event happening there that night (but maybe they have multiple stages). There looks to be no mention of this show being announced on social media either.  Maybe it was a mistake that this got posted on his site (maybe too early)?

What makes it interesting, is could this be a sign of a solo acoustic tour coming early next year?  Maybe this would just be a one-off, but seems a little random.

I tend to agree re: acoustic tour. There's a Richmond Hill show the day after (?) the Milton one if memory serves that hasn't been announced on Matt's site either. People on the MG FB group have been talking about it. 

https://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/TicketRequest?eventId=1210133&presenter=RICHMONDHILL&venue=&event=&version=&tck=true

On 6/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Crusader said:

Just saw this in a 'matthew good 2019' search.  Tickets go on sale June 18 *.  

Fort Saskatchewan and Camrose are two odd places to play and I'm very curious to see what the rest of the Alberta tour looks like or if it'll stick to these fringe markets.  Regardless, I'll look to get tickets for this show too.

* confirmed: the 'on sale soon' link for the MG show says that they will go on sale Monday June 18 at 9AM.

Edited by gursky
clarify onsale date

It's very odd that these shows are just popping up with no mention of them from MG's team as of yet.  It definitely seems like a solo acoustic tour coming together.  Maybe it's going to be all small markets as all the big ones were hit with the OLP tour earlier this year.  Matt and/or his management may not believe he can come back into those markets a year or less later.

I really hope there ends up being some Vancouver Island solo acoustic shows, even if not I would go to the lower mainland or even the Okanagan for one at this point if I have to.  So, at the very least I'll be going to that Okanagan show if nothing else pops up (I think it will).  I've deeply regretted missing those Kelowna winery shows the last couple years.

Edited by Curtster

29 minutes ago, Curtster said:

It's very odd that these shows are just popping up with no mention of them from MG's team as of yet.  It definitely seems like a solo acoustic tour coming together.  Maybe it's going to be all small markets as all the big ones were hit with the OLP tour earlier this year.  Matt and/or his management may not believe he can come back into those markets a year or less later.

I really hope there ends of being some Vancouver Island solo acoustic shows, even if not I would go to the lower mainland or even the Okanagan for one at this point if I have to.  So, at the very least I'll be going to that Okanagan show if nothing else pops up (I think it will).  I've deeply regretted missing those Kelowna winery shows the last couple years.

Would be shocked to see no Vancouver Island or Vancouver especially since they were skipped on the OLP tour.  By the looks of this it's probably a month and a half to two month tour starting in the west.  We know he is in the Kelowna area around the 10th I'm guessing a Vancouver show or two will take place around the 7th and 8th, probably a Van isle show or two a couple days before that. I think both Victoria and Nanaimo will see shows, by February of 2019 it will have been two years since he played those markets in any capacity, definitely not too soon for a return.  

I like the idea of some smaller venue acoustic shows and by the looks of it this will be a full scale tour like the full band ones he has been doing recently.  Definitely planning to attend several shows on this one! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, adam_777 said:

Would be shocked to see no Vancouver Island or Vancouver especially since they were skipped on the OLP tour.  By the looks of this it's probably a month and a half to two month tour starting in the west.  We know he is in the Kelowna area around the 10th I'm guessing a Vancouver show or two will take place around the 7th and 8th, probably a Van isle show or two a couple days before that. I think both Victoria and Nanaimo will see shows, by February of 2019 it will have been two years since he played those markets in any capacity, definitely not too soon for a return.  

I like the idea of some smaller venue acoustic shows and by the looks of it this will be a full scale tour like the full band ones he has been doing recently.  Definitely planning to attend several shows on this one! 

I certainly hope you're right, and I think you are.  The tour with OLP was the first major MG tour I've skipped in 10 years, I would happily take a solo acoustic show over the MG/OLP show.

15 hours ago, Curtster said:

I really hope there ends up being some Vancouver Island solo acoustic shows, even if not I would go to the lower mainland or even the Okanagan for one at this point if I have to.  So, at the very least I'll be going to that Okanagan show if nothing else pops up (I think it will).  I've deeply regretted missing those Kelowna winery shows the last couple years.

To be fair, they're a long way off. Like, nine months. I don't recall there being such a long lead time on past tours. The only reason we're putting it together, even, is because we're die-hards. Who knows, maybe it's always like this, just no one knew to dig or where to look in those other instances?

On 6/14/2018 at 8:19 AM, andydanger85 said:

To be fair, they're a long way off. Like, nine months. I don't recall there being such a long lead time on past tours. The only reason we're putting it together, even, is because we're die-hards. Who knows, maybe it's always like this, just no one knew to dig or where to look in those other instances?

Yeah, possibly, but tickets are even on sale for these shows.  it's probably true that with past tours, you could probably dig up a few dates before an announcement if you looked hard enough.  You're right that these are a long way off, but that makes it odd as well, it would be less odd if tickets weren't on sale yet.  Normally with a tour, tickets for all shows go on sale on the same date, and there is a lot of promotion through all channels from MG's team to sell tickets.  It's a little odd that tickets would go on sale for shows with no mention or promotion from the artist.  Looks like the only mention of these shows has been a few passing mentions from some local media outlets.

I guess it's possible that because these are acoustic shows they require a lot less overhead than band shows.  These are smaller markets that Matt may not go into with a band.  The decision may have just been made to get tickets out and on sale for these shows before a cohesive marketing/promotion strategy was put together.

Edited by Curtster

14 hours ago, Curtster said:

Yeah, possibly, but tickets are even on sale for these shows.  it's probably true that with past tours, you could probably dig up a few dates before an announcement if you looked hard enough.  You're right that these are a long way off, but that makes it odd as well, it would be less odd if tickets weren't on sale yet.  Normally with a tour, tickets for all shows go on sale on the same date, and there is a lot of promotion through all channels from MG's team to sell tickets.  It's a little odd that tickets would go on sale for shows with no mention or promotion from the artist.  Looks like the only mention of these shows has been a few passing mentions from some local media outlets.

I guess it's possible that because these are acoustic shows they require a lot less overhead than band shows.  These are smaller markets that Matt may not go into with a band.  The decision may have just been made to get tickets out and on sale for these shows before a cohesive marketing/promotion strategy was put together.

Totally, that's kinda what I'm driving at. More local-type theatres I find will put something up to drum up local interest (even though, let's face it, the overwhelming majority won't be Miltonites or Brantfordites or Richmond Hillians haha. I hope for a cohesive announcement because so far it's been stuff that I'll get to if I have to, but would rather just go closer.

Holding out for a Mississauga date at the Living Arts Centre. Seems like the perfect combo/vibe.

definitely seeming strange that no official announcement is coming, what do we have know half a dozen dates, some of which are already on sale? Definitely seems like a small market tour is the name of the game here.  

I think the small town thing is kind of cool. And maybe there's some purpose in not announcing the whole tour in one shot. We'll see what Matt says when the tour is acknowledged by his team. I hope he plays in Banff or Jasper on this acoustic tour. I would love that. Everyone keep scouring the internet for shows. I feel lucky to have got good Camrose tickets considering that show was on sale for days before I knew about it. I also got tickets to Fort Saskatchewan and I'll do Airdrie is well, because I have friends all over the province.

February 28, 2019 - Rose Theatre, Brampton, ON

http://www.brampton.ca/sites/Rose-Theatre/en/Events-And-Tickets/Pages/ShowDetails.aspx?ShowID=1431&ShowDate=02/28/2019

March 3, 2019 - Capitol Centre, North Bay, ON

http://www.capitolcentre.org/events/matthew-good

Edited by uglyredhonda
  • Upvote 1