MatthewGoodFan101

2019 Solo Acoustic Tour

1 hour ago, NonPopulus said:

I think the small town thing is kind of cool. And maybe there's some purpose in not announcing the whole tour in one shot. We'll see what Matt says when the tour is acknowledged by his team. I hope he plays in Banff or Jasper on this acoustic tour. I would love that. Everyone keep scouring the internet for shows. I feel lucky to have got good Camrose tickets considering that show was on sale for days before I knew about it. I also got tickets to Fort Saskatchewan and I'll do Airdrie is well, because I have friends all over the province.

Agreed, it kind of feels like we're playing a game to see when and where the next show will be.  It helps that we know there is a game happening and are on the look out for announcements.  If I wasn't here every day and didn't see any announcement on the official site or Twitter I'd be pretty choked to find out that the nearest show to me went on sale a month and seats may be limited.

I'm not sure how you found the Airdrie show but my Google-fu still doesn't pull it up.  I won't be travelling to Airdrie but there is a week between that date and Camrose so perhaps something in the mountains is possible?  If there is one there I'd strongly consider it, but as it is I'm happy with two acoustic shows next year.

Checking back over the thread I think this is accurate of what's been announced so far.  There isn't a lot of time to stop in Saskatchewan or Manitoba between February 22 and 28, but certainly possible. 

• February 10: Lake Country, BC
  • February 13: Airdrie, Alberta
  • February 20: Camrose, Alberta
  • February 22: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
  • February 28, Brampton, Ontario
  • March 3: North Bay, Ontario
  • March 7: Brantford, Ontario
  • March 8: Milton, Ontario
  • March 9: Richmond Hill, Ontario

Not loving the way these are being leaked.  Hoping for some shows in Vancouver or Van isle and also in the Edmonton area, but not knowing what is coming is frustrating because I dont want to pick up tickets to Camrose and Fort Sask just to find out an Edmonton show is going to be announced a few days later.  But at the same time, by waiting on those shows I run the risk of the best seats being gone by the time I buy if no other more convenient shows are offered.  

I wouldn’t say that the dates are really being “leaked.” The tickets are mostly available for sale through the venues we posted. The hardcore fans just get to pick the better seats in advance lol. I’ll update the front page eventually so maybe start getting tickets before I get around to doing that.

10 hours ago, Crusader said:

I wouldn’t say that the dates are really being “leaked.” The tickets are mostly available for sale through the venues we posted. The hardcore fans just get to pick the better seats in advance lol. I’ll update the front page eventually so maybe start getting tickets before I get around to doing that.

Very true Anton, it's only because I am planning to possibly go to dates outside of my normal area that it is creating an issue for me.  For instance if I knew there would be an Edmonton show I wouldn't go to Camrose and Fort Sask probably...but if I wait until I find out for sure, and there doesn't happen to be an Edmonton show, those other venues will have been on sale for weeks by then and with such small venues could sell out, or at the least have me at the back of the venue, which isn't the worst thing with these venue sizes I'll admit.  

21 minutes ago, NonPopulus said:

Well, I’ve done some additional searching for February when he might be in Alberta and I’ve come up empty-handed. Hopefully our other sleuths can find something I haven’t.

In addition to a vague "matthew good 2019" search I have been looking in on Memorial Center (Red Deer) and Myer Horowitz (Edmonton, University) for performances but nothing yet.  I'm sure there are other venues he could play in Edmonton (ie: Jubilee, Winspear) but with the other Alberta venues being ~500 seats I feel like a smaller setting like Horowitz would be comparable.  

Hey, Edmonton area friends, I have some good news. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that Matt is likely playing at the Arden Theatre in St. Albert on February 15, 2019. ?

Thanks for the info, I"m thinking I'll most likely be attending this one! hoping for another show in the Edmonton area for the 16th to make it a nice two show weekend while Im there.  

4 hours ago, NonPopulus said:

Hey, Edmonton area friends, I have some good news. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that Matt is likely playing at the Arden Theatre in St. Albert on February 15, 2019. ?

Daaang, how did you find this one? I’m seeing nothing on their website, Twitter, etc. Do you have any details or have an inside source?

I wonder if it’ll be announced in a few weeks as part of their 2018-2019 series, which is being revealed July 18. 

These shows are popping up in a way I really don't recall seeing over the years. It's mostly annoying.

St Albert would be an easier/faster venue to get to... I could maybe squeeze it in as well being a different Friday. But if a weekend IN Edmonton pops up after would be hard to justify to the wife another show. Pay these bills? Naw I have to buy all the concert tickets i can!

19 hours ago, gursky said:

Daaang, how did you find this one? I’m seeing nothing on their website, Twitter, etc. Do you have any details or have an inside source?

I wonder if it’ll be announced in a few weeks as part of their 2018-2019 series, which is being revealed July 18. 

I saw a copy of the marketing material they use to solicit advertising spaces in the monthly handbills and the listing for the February edition had Matt listed for that date.

Edit: Here's a link.

Edited by NonPopulus
Add link.

27 minutes ago, NonPopulus said:

I saw a copy of the marketing material they use to solicit advertising spaces in the monthly handbills and the listing for the February edition had Matt listed for that date.

Edit: Here's a link.

What an awesome find!  I have been refreshing all Arden Theatre sites/social media I could find in hopes of learning more about the February date and you find it through a marketing source.  I wonder then if their June 6 tweet about their final artist being "a biggie" is referring to MG as well

With no other information on the show I expect this concert won't have specifics until the Arden Theatre posts their 2018-2019 performance series on July 18.  I can't really say no to going to this show but hope we learn what may appear in the few day gap between St. Albert and Camrose.

1 hour ago, gursky said:

What an awesome find!  I have been refreshing all Arden Theatre sites/social media I could find in hopes of learning more about the February date and you find it through a marketing source.  I wonder then if their June 6 tweet about their final artist being "a biggie" is referring to MG as well

With no other information on the show I expect this concert won't have specifics until the Arden Theatre posts their 2018-2019 performance series on July 18.  I can't really say no to going to this show but hope we learn what may appear in the few day gap between St. Albert and Camrose.

I'm wondering if he may head north to Grande Prairie or somewhere.  Its too long of a gap to just sit around Edmonton and not play.  I suppose it's possible he just plays a couple shows in Edmonton, but that would be like five shows in the general area of Edmonton for that week.  Its not impossible for him to do an Edmonton gig on the 16th and then head to Grande Prairie for a show on the 18 before coming back to Camrose on the 22nd.  He has to be heading East after Fort Saskatchewan in order to make it to Ontario in time, maybe a stop off in Sask or Winnipeg along the way I would expect.  Kind of a fun game trying to figure this one out.  Definitely seems to be a small market tour though.  

I do feel for the people who have to make a choice to buy now or wait and hope for a show to pop up in their local area. Maybe having the shows trickle out like this is a consequence of the small theatre settings, because we still have eight months to go. How far in advance to we normally initially hear about tours in their totality?

I do feel for the people who have to make a choice to buy now or wait and hope for a show to pop up in their local area. Maybe having the shows trickle out like this is a consequence of the small theatre settings, because we still have eight months to go. How far in advance to we normally initially hear about tours in their totality?

It seems to me like its usually about three months before we get an official announcement.  For the BM Revisited tour it was announced the first week of December and the earliest shows were the first week of February.  These are leaking wayyy in advance.  Usually the only thing we know this far out is festival dates, and even those are usually only 4-6 months in advance.  Those shows are like 8 months out...and its not just that they're leaks, some are selling.  So it definitely breaks from tradition quite a bit.  

3 hours ago, NonPopulus said:

Has anybody come across anything else? If you did, I’m sure you’d share it here. Haha. I wonder if we’ll have to wait until the fall to learn about the tour in its entirety.

It's tough because these shows are so far out you cant even look at calendar of events for possible venues.  For instance I am assuming this tour will have shows in the lower mainland and possibly Vancouver Island before the current starting date in Lake Country on February 10th.  So you take a city like Nanaimo which is a possibility being a smaller market and has a theater in the Port Theatre which Matt has played several times over the years.  But February 2019 is so far away that the only thing scheduled is one event in the whole month.  So I can't even use process of elimination to rule out venues.  Closer to the date you could probably look and see a venue like that has no available dates for earlier February and therefore rule out Matt doing a show there, but this far out everything is still too wide open.  

Matt's instagram is still only discussing the few shows this summer so we could be waiting awhile for an official announcement of these other shows.  

Thanks to everybody here for the info... debating the Rose Theatre show in Brampton as there are better seats for that available over the Richmond Hill performance.  Only other thing I'm not digging, besides the obvious manner in how these show announcements are trickling out, is the ticket prices.  Is it me or is $69 + fees + HST per ticket (pushing well past $80/ticket all in) a little on the high side.  Realize the venues here around Toronto are more boutique but I'm a little underwhelmed with the price tag.

Asked one of those theatres why they released these shows so far ahead and it's apparently for their patrons, the people who have paid memberships to support them. They want them to know ahead of time. Also got confirmation from team mg about these shows, an official announcement will come out later in the year.