MatthewGoodFan101

2019 Solo Acoustic Tour

I was 6th row for weds show and as a hardcore mg fan who’s been going to see him since 93’ that’s prolly the only time that he’s actually bored me to death.....and he absolutely not in a good way killed my most fave mg song EVER:( he’s much better with a band! His light set up did kick ass though.

Edited by HouseOfSmokeAndMirrors

1 hour ago, HouseOfSmokeAndMirrors said:

I was 6th row for weds show and as a hardcore mg fan who’s been going to see him since 93’ that’s prolly the only time that he’s actually bored me to death.....and he absolutely not in a good way killed my most fave mg song EVER:( he’s much better with a band! His light set up did kick ass though.

What song did you not like and why was it boring? He was my favourite on Saturday at Richmond Hill, and ive seen him a lot.. not nearly as much as you though! On Saturday he was really funny and in good spirits. Have you heard Radicals yet? I really want to hear it.

Yesterday was a big day for me as a Matt Good fan. I went to see my first Matt Good solo acoustic show in TO and I also went to the meet and greet before, which was my first time ever talking to Matt. During the Q&A, I asked him if he'd ever be willing to play Rico or Indestructible live again even though he doesn't like those songs, and not surprisingly, he said no, to my disappointment. The show was a great experience. I'm so glad that he played Change of Season, one of my favourites from the MGB days. I wish he played Symbolistic White Walls or Tripoli or Avalanche, but you can't always get what you want, especially with Matt. Still a great show.

Edited by MatthewGoodFan101
  • Upvote 1

Montreal was amazing. And the first city to get the load me up challenge right hahaa. 

For VIP we got selling you my heart and men at the door. Then he started switching between two guitars practicing the opening of Champions. He was really still sick so prob why there was no third song. He seemed in good spirits during Q&A though. 

The setlist we got for the show was top notch. The only song he didn’t play that I was hoping for was change of season. The transition from Mrs Smith to tomb bomb was magical and I’m going to link to a video once I get it uploaded.

There was a very excited young lady at the end of our row who we thought might ruin parts of the show but ended up being not too awful. You can hear her saying “yes” and “I love him” or “I’m so happy” in Every.Single.Song. 

As always I could have done without apparitions/load/strange but I know they are obligatory. We didn’t get any new songs though not sure ow that compares tot he reatbkf the stops on the tour. 

I decided to get the moon T-shirt since it was the last one and an ok button. All in all a very good mg night in Montreal, too notch performance. You would never know he is sick otherwise. 

BCE2A55D-92BF-4728-B420-BF9B473DC3DC.jpeg

E8025C48-7AA9-44E8-9AFD-3F859738E03C.jpeg

FD0AE312-664C-48FC-818D-CCEBB5CABA28.jpeg

D4CA3D76-982B-4213-8404-31276F945270.jpeg

Edited by mackie1023

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, starrycanadiansky said:

Nice Videos Manchalivin  ? Thank you.

How's the weather looking for everyone?

You're welcome.

What is Selling You My Heart?  I assumed it was a cover until now but didn't find another artist doing a song with that exact title on Google.

Edited by Manchalivin

1 hour ago, Manchalivin said:

You're welcome.

What is Selling You My Heart?  I assumed it was a cover until now but didn't find another artist doing a song with that exact title on Google.

It and Radicals are two songs from the upcoming album which Matt will record this spring and will have at least at this point 16 tracks.  

It's been a month and MG is winding down his tour on the run back through the West.  Of the Alberta shows I attended the Edmonton (March 20) one at Starlite Room was the one I anticipated the least.  Starlite Room is a GA venue geared towards loud shows and after hearing pin drop quiet rooms in St. Albert, Camrose or Ft. Saskatchewan I worried that there were be "woo" birds, drink/bar noise and talking throughout.  Thankfully it was quieter than I expected but still noisier than I would have liked.  

The evening started with the VIP Experience (at 6PM when doors were at 8PM, so a quick turnaround).  MG played Selling You My Heart, Men at the Door and Hopeless.  I've refrained from hearing any of the "new" songs and it was great to finally hear this in person; Men at the Door was excellent and Hopeless had a fun upbeat sound to it.  During the Q&A I asked about the lack of a proper Something Like a Storm headlining tour and MG acknowledged that it didn't get one but he does play what he likes from the record and admits that there are some he can't play solo.  As the album was recorded in two stages and this affects how he looks back on the record.  With the new album being mostly acoustic the supporting tour may not see much more than we already have from the album.

MG took the stage at 10PM and played for about an 1h40m, I'll have to check the runtime (late night, short sleep, more on that later), but the setlist had 17 songs and So Long Mrs. Smith was more than a snippet, and may have been the highlight for me.  MG also served up a few verses of Tangled Up in Blue (Dylan) before Load Me Up, so there was good reason for a slightly longer runtime.  

The "new to me" songs were Selling You My Heart, Men At the Door, So Long Mrs. Smith and Avalanche; and for being my fourth show to still get a quarter of the setlist that is fresh is stunning.  Avalanche was thrown in to the final spot in place of Blue Skies and I don't think anyone complained about that.  A song that's typically in the opener spot fits in quite well as a closer.   For a long few months of touring I was worried that illness would haunt MG at every show but he was in good spirits, seemed relaxed during the VIP Experience and had some nice song banter in the main set. 

The crowd was mostly respectful and quiet...or as much as you can be in a bar.  There was talking, there was the sound of coins clinking in a glass, but there were also people "shushing" others so the majority tried to be quiet.  Unfortunately it doesn't take much crowd noise to ruin a haunting performance of Los Alamos or lessen the impact of Fated.  Like I said at the start, it was better than I expected (I was bracing for Grande Prairie and constant talking) but unfortunate that there was distracting noises all the same.

The crowd was in to the Load Me Up challenge and failed on the second verse but they still wanted to sing along anyway.  The one benefit of playing in a bar is that the crowd seems more conducive to sing alongs so it was probably the best crowd interaction of the Alberta shows I saw...even if they went 0/4 in the game.  

Despite a late start for the show PlasticSoldier, NonPopulus and my other friend went to have a post-show chat at a nearby bar.  We were kicked out of there at 1AM and with a 5AM wake up I didn't have a chance to do any playback of my recording, start editing or call out a special moment or two from the night.  Prior to MG taking the stage I noticed I had about 2h left of storage space on my recording device and in my haste I was purging older files and deleted the VIP Experience recording before I even had a chance to play it back or offload it.  This was pretty crushing as it appears that the VIP Experience is my Kryptonite as I had a technical problem at the Calgary 2017 one so I guess I have to try a third time to see if I can correct my wrongs.  

Look for a song sample from the Edmonton show later this weekend (I am heading to Banff tonight but should have a chance to edit material) and possibly other musings that come to me while listening back to the show.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gursky said:

It's been a month and MG is winding down his tour on the run back through the West.  Of the Alberta shows I attended the Edmonton (March 20) one at Starlite Room was the one I anticipated the least.  Starlite Room is a GA venue geared towards loud shows and after hearing pin drop quiet rooms in St. Albert, Camrose or Ft. Saskatchewan I worried that there were be "woo" birds, drink/bar noise and talking throughout.  Thankfully it was quieter than I expected but still noisier than I would have liked.  

The evening started with the VIP Experience (at 6PM when doors were at 8PM, so a quick turnaround).  MG played Selling You My Heart, Men at the Door and Hopeless.  I've refrained from hearing any of the "new" songs and it was great to finally hear this in person; Men at the Door was excellent and Hopeless had a fun upbeat sound to it.  During the Q&A I asked about the lack of a proper Something Like a Storm headlining tour and MG acknowledged that it didn't get one but he does play what he likes from the record and admits that there are some he can't play solo.  As the album was recorded in two stages and this affects how he looks back on the record.  With the new album being mostly acoustic the supporting tour may not see much more than we already have from the album.

MG took the stage at 10PM and played for about an 1h40m, I'll have to check the runtime (late night, short sleep, more on that later), but the setlist had 17 songs and So Long Mrs. Smith was more than a snippet, and may have been the highlight for me.  MG also served up a few verses of Tangled Up in Blue (Dylan) before Load Me Up, so there was good reason for a slightly longer runtime.  

The "new to me" songs were Selling You My Heart, Men At the Door, So Long Mrs. Smith and Avalanche; and for being my fourth show to still get a quarter of the setlist that is fresh is stunning.  Avalanche was thrown in to the final spot in place of Blue Skies and I don't think anyone complained about that.  A song that's typically in the opener spot fits in quite well as a closer.   For a long few months of touring I was worried that illness would haunt MG at every show but he was in good spirits, seemed relaxed during the VIP Experience and had some nice song banter in the main set. 

The crowd was mostly respectful and quiet...or as much as you can be in a bar.  There was talking, there was the sound of coins clinking in a glass, but there were also people "shushing" others so the majority tried to be quiet.  Unfortunately it doesn't take much crowd noise to ruin a haunting performance of Los Alamos or lessen the impact of Fated.  Like I said at the start, it was better than I expected (I was bracing for Grande Prairie and constant talking) but unfortunate that there was distracting noises all the same.

The crowd was in to the Load Me Up challenge and failed on the second verse but they still wanted to sing along anyway.  The one benefit of playing in a bar is that the crowd seems more conducive to sing alongs so it was probably the best crowd interaction of the Alberta shows I saw...even if they went 0/4 in the game.  

Despite a late start for the show PlasticSoldier, NonPopulus and my other friend went to have a post-show chat at a nearby bar.  We were kicked out of there at 1AM and with a 5AM wake up I didn't have a chance to do any playback of my recording, start editing or call out a special moment or two from the night.  Prior to MG taking the stage I noticed I had about 2h left of storage space on my recording device and in my haste I was purging older files and deleted the VIP Experience recording before I even had a chance to play it back or offload it.  This was pretty crushing as it appears that the VIP Experience is my Kryptonite as I had a technical problem at the Calgary 2017 one so I guess I have to try a third time to see if I can correct my wrongs.  

Look for a song sample from the Edmonton show later this weekend (I am heading to Banff tonight but should have a chance to edit material) and possibly other musings that come to me while listening back to the show.

Aww Sean, every tapers nightmare! I had something similar happen years ago while trying to playback I accidently deleted a recording.  Now I just turn the rig off and get home and upload to computer and separate hard drive to make sure I dont do that again haha.  No big deal of course, although too bad, Hopeless was the only song from the tour we had no recording of! I look forward to hearing the recording looks like a great setlist, glad you enjoyed the show! 

1 hour ago, Rhu8ar8Pi3 said:

Calgary VIP soundcheck

Selling You My Heart

Men At the Door

Tangled Up in Blue cover 

Thank you for the update, did you record it as well? I've been hoping Matt would full on play Tangled Up in Blue on this tour, was it the complete version he played? 

12 hours ago, gursky said:

Aw that sucks, I was really looking forward to revisiting Hopeless! As well as re-comparing the openers because I felt Selling You My Heart was better from VIP (could just have been the intimate nature adding to the first listen).

At least it was only the VIP portion, so not a whole show loss. Looking forward to having the show soon. Always appreciate the recordings!

Guest Rhu8ar8Pi3
1 hour ago, adam_777 said:

Thank you for the update, did you record it as well? I've been hoping Matt would full on play Tangled Up in Blue on this tour, was it the complete version he played? 

I did record it. I hope it turned out good. It was the full version, I think. 

Damn! Calgary had one of “those” shows. Some jackass pulled a “nobody cares” at one of his stories and the rest of the night was completed without another non-singing word from Matt. It’s so frustrating that one jackass can ruin the energy of an entire show, but there it is. A damn fine setlist and his voice was in top form, but it’s always a drag when you know he’s not having a fun time 

After the show I’m not sure I’ve seen a more hostile environment. The heckler was actually singled out (loudly) as people were exiting and tensions were a little south of comfortable. I witnessed two near-fights in the lobby and had to get out of there pretty quick because...

It was a special night for me because it’s the first concert I’ve ever taken my boys to after bugging me to take them since they were about 6 and 4. As a dad it was great to share one of my favourite things with them. Thankfully they didn’t really understand the heckler or the ensuing issues and they had an incredible time.

8 hours ago, Rhu8ar8Pi3 said:

I did record it. I hope it turned out good. It was the full version, I think. 

That's awesome! I am so excited to get to hear that! If you were able to tape the whole show too than that means Hopeless would have been recorded so that means we managed to get a recording of every song played on this tour, which has to be a first (besides the BM Revisited tour where the setlists were 90% the same each night).  How did this show compare to the others you've seen? 

5 hours ago, russic said:

Damn! Calgary had one of “those” shows. Some jackass pulled a “nobody cares” at one of his stories and the rest of the night was completed without another non-singing word from Matt. It’s so frustrating that one jackass can ruin the energy of an entire show, but there it is. A damn fine setlist and his voice was in top form, but it’s always a drag when you know he’s not having a fun time 

After the show I’m not sure I’ve seen a more hostile environment. The heckler was actually singled out (loudly) as people were exiting and tensions were a little south of comfortable. I witnessed two near-fights in the lobby and had to get out of there pretty quick because...

It was a special night for me because it’s the first concert I’ve ever taken my boys to after bugging me to take them since they were about 6 and 4. As a dad it was great to share one of my favourite things with them. Thankfully they didn’t really understand the heckler or the ensuing issues and they had an incredible time.

First thats really cool you got to share that experience with your sons.  What did they think of it all? As for the heckler man it really is a shame how some people can just ruin it like that.  I've seen shows like that and it totally does ruin that bit of interactive magic between audience and performer.  I've noticed on this tour that the shows where people were dicks, or fighting in the crowd and all that kind of thing, when Matt posts the setlist on insta, he just puts the town name, in this case. Calgary.  Shows where there is a good vibe and rapport and no bullshit he puts Thanks St.Albert or whatever town.  A minor nerdy detail sure, but if you look at all the shows known to have problems on this tour it's just the name no thanks haha.  Good on Matt for being professional enough to still put on an amazing show under those circumstances, really a shame some people have to ruin it like that though.  

On 3/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, gursky said:

I totally agree Gursky.  The crowd was better than expected but not perfect.  I got a spot right pretty close to the front.  The Starlite room is a cool venue because the stage is pretty elevated and the floor is sloped upwards.  All in all, the show was amazing.  I liked when he played Fated and Falling Apart... the story he told after was cool but I wish he kept going instead of getting side tracked talking about Led Zeppelin or something.

Looking forward to the recording from this show!  Thanks for the work you guys do recording and editing!!

Guest Rhu8ar8Pi3
13 hours ago, adam_777 said:

That's awesome! I am so excited to get to hear that! If you were able to tape the whole show too than that means Hopeless would have been recorded so that means we managed to get a recording of every song played on this tour, which has to be a first (besides the BM Revisited tour where the setlists were 90% the same each night).  How did this show compare to the others you've seen? 

It was the low point of all the shows I went to, nothing to do with Matt though. Hopefully, the show in Vancouver will end the tour on a high note. Have fun at the concert.

Edited by Rhu8ar8Pi3

Well, my friends, I'm finally done my 10 show Alberta odyssey. It was such a great month full of memorable moments.

In general, meeting new people and seeing familiar faces along the way had to be the joint highlight of this journey for me. Random highways, dozens of podcasts, giant transmission towers, seedy motels, hole in the wall bars, and lush Airbnbs stitched it all together. There were vastly different venues - from a bar where the entire lighting rig couldn't be set up and wings were being served on covered pool tables to brand new opulent theaters engineered for sound and live performance. The venues really added a dynamic that I didn't anticipate when I was feverishly buying the tickets what seems like more than half a year ago.

Poesy was probably my favorite opener of any recent MG tour. She's a great songwriter and performer. The two fellows she was touring with are class as well. I look forward to seeing them perform as a full band when they cross through the city.

Walking into the Airdrie show not knowing what to expect was like having a fuse lit. Selling You My Heart really left an impression on me. Red Deer's show was in a bar, but they were respectful enough to post notes around indicating that this was going to be an intimate acoustic performance. That was a nice touch and I think a lot of the audience took heed. St. Albert had the first performance of Blue Skies and of course MG's return to the Edmonton area after his collapse during the OLP / MG tour. In Grande Prairie, I really got to connect with the crew working on this tour and it was fascinating to learn about the logistics and other technical aspects of it. Medicine Hat was amazing. The audience was respectful, MG was in a great mood playing as well as I've ever seen, and the venue sounded superb. The Empty Road closer was a welcome surprise. Camrose had a setlist that was comprised of 13 MGB songs, and only three solo ones. If you're a fan of the old stuff, that was the show for you. In Fort Saskatchewan, MG woke up with no voice, but still put on a killer performance. How It Goes is another favorite of mine, and seeing that was another highlight. The "this is it" part of Prime Time Deliverance was unique to all other performances I've seen or heard. Lloydminster had a venue that sounded really good and MG was on fire during the banter sections - so hilarious.

Seeing Avalanche in Edmonton after such a long absence from any shows I was in attendance for was truly a pleasure. That song has special significance for me, and I think I'd have to say it's still my favorite MG song. The spontaneous nature of MG adding that song to the set really solidified Edmonton as one of my all time favorite shows along with Medicine Hat. If my recollection serves me right, the show was the longest one I saw on this tour. It was an immense pleasure to hang out with some folks from this board. Nothing quite beats the camaraderie of other enthusiastic and informed people when it comes to music. I got to hang out with Gursky and PlasticSolider up above the floor crowd and I wouldn't have traded it for another night at MG's feet. Both have their merits, but there's just something about hanging out with people who have the same type of in-depth knowledge and appreciation. It was great to take it in from that vantage point as well.

Calgary was interesting to say the least. The show was in a beautiful venue - probably the most gorgeous theater on this tour. I see the incident regarding the woman yelling has taken on a life of its own on social media. She was behind me to the right. She yelled out a request for The Inescapable Us. MG replied that he really didn't know where to start with that one other than that it was recorded in open tuning. Just as he was about to tell the crowd about the recording, the same woman yelled, "NOBODY CARES! JUST PLAY IT!" Afterwards, it certainly seemed like there was an awkward tension in the room. MG still played really well, but from there out, there was no banter, no Load Me Up chorus challenge, no tip of the hat, or reciprocal applause to the crowd. As everyone has probably seen on Instagram by now, he posted the setlist with the simple caption, "Calgary." Normally, he'd post something along the lines of "Thanks Edmonton!!" This reminded me of the show I saw in Courtenay during the Arrows of Desire tour. Somebody up front took a jab at MG's physical appearance and from then on, the band ran through the setlist, left after the main set, played the encore, and then MG walked straight off the stage. I don't blame him. He's no obligated to do anything other than play music, I suppose. Oddly enough, I saw the woman who caused this commotion in the washroom after the show... the men's washroom.

There were still highlights to be identified at the Calgary show though. For example, Hopeless was a really welcome surprise in the encore. Blue Skies was much more polished than the version we were treated to in St. Albert. The long and short double delay really created atmospherics that I can't recall at other MG shows, full band or otherwise, save for maybe Los Alamos.

Anyhow... It's been a long day. Many great memories have been made and I look forward to the next adventure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2019 at 2:35 AM, NonPopulus said:

Well, my friends, I'm finally done my 10 show Alberta odyssey. It was such a great month full of memorable moments.

In general, meeting new people and seeing familiar faces along the way had to be the joint highlight of this journey for me. Random highways, dozens of podcasts, giant transmission towers, seedy motels, hole in the wall bars, and lush Airbnbs stitched it all together. There were vastly different venues - from a bar where the entire lighting rig couldn't be set up and wings were being served on covered pool tables to brand new opulent theaters engineered for sound and live performance. The venues really added a dynamic that I didn't anticipate when I was feverishly buying the tickets what seems like more than half a year ago.

Poesy was probably my favorite opener of any recent MG tour. She's a great songwriter and performer. The two fellows she was touring with are class as well. I look forward to seeing them perform as a full band when they cross through the city.

Walking into the Airdrie show not knowing what to expect was like having a fuse lit. Selling You My Heart really left an impression on me. Red Deer's show was in a bar, but they were respectful enough to post notes around indicating that this was going to be an intimate acoustic performance. That was a nice touch and I think a lot of the audience took heed. St. Albert had the first performance of Blue Skies and of course MG's return to the Edmonton area after his collapse during the OLP / MG tour. In Grande Prairie, I really got to connect with the crew working on this tour and it was fascinating to learn about the logistics and other technical aspects of it. Medicine Hat was amazing. The audience was respectful, MG was in a great mood playing as well as I've ever seen, and the venue sounded superb. The Empty Road closer was a welcome surprise. Camrose had a setlist that was comprised of 13 MGB songs, and only three solo ones. If you're a fan of the old stuff, that was the show for you. In Fort Saskatchewan, MG woke up with no voice, but still put on a killer performance. How It Goes is another favorite of mine, and seeing that was another highlight. The "this is it" part of Prime Time Deliverance was unique to all other performances I've seen or heard. Lloydminster had a venue that sounded really good and MG was on fire during the banter sections - so hilarious.

Seeing Avalanche in Edmonton after such a long absence from any shows I was in attendance for was truly a pleasure. That song has special significance for me, and I think I'd have to say it's still my favorite MG song. The spontaneous nature of MG adding that song to the set really solidified Edmonton as one of my all time favorite shows along with Medicine Hat. If my recollection serves me right, the show was the longest one I saw on this tour. It was an immense pleasure to hang out with some folks from this board. Nothing quite beats the camaraderie of other enthusiastic and informed people when it comes to music. I got to hang out with Gursky and PlasticSolider up above the floor crowd and I wouldn't have traded it for another night at MG's feet. Both have their merits, but there's just something about hanging out with people who have the same type of in-depth knowledge and appreciation. It was great to take it in from that vantage point as well.

Calgary was interesting to say the least. The show was in a beautiful venue - probably the most gorgeous theater on this tour. I see the incident regarding the woman yelling has taken on a life of its own on social media. She was behind me to the right. She yelled out a request for The Inescapable Us. MG replied that he really didn't know where to start with that one other than that it was recorded in open tuning. Just as he was about to tell the crowd about the recording, the same woman yelled, "NOBODY CARES! JUST PLAY IT!" Afterwards, it certainly seemed like there was an awkward tension in the room. MG still played really well, but from there out, there was no banter, no Load Me Up chorus challenge, no tip of the hat, or reciprocal applause to the crowd. As everyone has probably seen on Instagram by now, he posted the setlist with the simple caption, "Calgary." Normally, he'd post something along the lines of "Thanks Edmonton!!" This reminded me of the show I saw in Courtenay during the Arrows of Desire tour. Somebody up front took a jab at MG's physical appearance and from then on, the band ran through the setlist, left after the main set, played the encore, and then MG walked straight off the stage. I don't blame him. He's no obligated to do anything other than play music, I suppose. Oddly enough, I saw the woman who caused this commotion in the washroom after the show... the men's washroom.

There were still highlights to be identified at the Calgary show though. For example, Hopeless was a really welcome surprise in the encore. Blue Skies was much more polished than the version we were treated to in St. Albert. The long and short double delay really created atmospherics that I can't recall at other MG shows, full band or otherwise, save for maybe Los Alamos.

Anyhow... It's been a long day. Many great memories have been made and I look forward to the next adventure.

What an awesome journey! Sounds like it was s ton of fun. Matt Good related road trips are truly an amazing experience and glad you had such a good time  like you when I did this in 2017 I was shocked at how different a venue, crowd or town could make the vibe of the show feel. It's really tough to choose favourite shows because seats are different and setlists and moments there are always a few moments that just stick with you and you're left feeling so proud and privileged to get to see Matt perform his art.  

Thanks for offering your thoughts on shows and for doing so much recording in the process allowing this tour to be easily the most comprehensibly covered tour in Matt's long career.  I was telling Gursky the other day I plan to listen to all these recordings in chronological order and I think its be a really great experience to see how the tour progressed.  Glad to hear you got to meet up with some of the regulars here, like you said theres really something to be said about connecting ting with people who get how much this music means. Weve got a great little community here and it's been a real pleasure to get out to meet several of you at shows over the years.  

It's so interesting that you mentioned Courtenay in relation to that Calgary show. When I heard about it and was talking to Gursky about it i immediately thought of that show in Courtenay. I've seen Matt 44 times now and generally hes always been in great moods. I saw him get pissed off at the festival crew at Rock the Shores in Victoria in 2013 when they started setting up for the next band in the middle of his set. I've seen him stop shows a couple of times when fights broke out to scold those responsible and I saw him once give a mini speech about how awful the audience was at a concert the night before referring to the crowd in Seattle who had largely ignored him preferring to drink and talk obnoxiously loud at the bar at the opposite end of the stage. But the only time I ever saw something like what happened in calgary was in Courtenay. I remember people were really drunk yelling really weird things. Someone kept telling take off your shirt. One obviously wasted lady yelled out "i like yer butt" and i recall someone saying something about his weight. He actually seemed annoyed and went the rest of the show without a single word to the crowd and as you said just walked off after and hes never been back meanwhile hes played Campbell River the last three tours in a row and having gone to one of those shows the crowd was great and incredibly respectful. That night it really did feel awful and it was hard to enjoy the show after that knowing that the artist themselves was so insulted. So I can somewhat relate to those in Calgary with a bad taste in their mouth about the show because some moronic fans can really put a damper on shows.  It makes me glad I go to multiple shows so that some jackass doesnt ruin my only experience on a tour. 

Sounds like it was a truly awesome time though and I'm glad you got to experience that! 

Edited by adam_777

On 3/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, HouseOfSmokeAndMirrors said:

You know, me and Adam were talking last year about how it's strange there are so few fans from that era. I mean, obviously a good portion of people who know of Matt probably know of him from the late 90/early 2000s, and there are a sizable portion of people who I see online that say they got into him in the later 2000s as well, but I think you are the first person I've ever seen note that they started following him "BEFORE" LOTGA came out which is pretty damned cool. 

Where and how did you first hear of him? 

Edited by daniel_v

Did anyone notice he stopped playing the 12 string guitar on Rabbits at some point on this tour? I wonder why he did that. Really liked that extra touch. Guessing maybe one less guitar to lug around. 

Edited by Stwlegend