MatthewGoodFan101

2019 Solo Acoustic Tour

Found some more information on the February 15 Arden Theatre (St. Albert) show...

Their 2018-2019 brochure is available here (https://stalbert.ca/uploads/PDF-infosheets/Arden-SeasonBrochure-2018-19-FINAL-WEB.pdf, page 28) and does confirm what NonPopulus shared earlier, so good news!  The 2018-2019 season won't be formally announced until July 18 and don't imagine the Arden Theatre will show anything until that time.  According to the brochure tickets are $40 and will go on sale Monday August 10 at 10AM.   

The good news with a long wait for the on sale date is that other Edmonton area shows may be uncovered by then and give us a better idea of how that time between St. Albert > Camrose > Ft. Saskatchewan is going to be used.  

Edited by gursky
clarity

On 6/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, adrianf74 said:

Thanks to everybody here for the info... debating the Rose Theatre show in Brampton as there are better seats for that available over the Richmond Hill performance.  Only other thing I'm not digging, besides the obvious manner in how these show announcements are trickling out, is the ticket prices.  Is it me or is $69 + fees + HST per ticket (pushing well past $80/ticket all in) a little on the high side.  Realize the venues here around Toronto are more boutique but I'm a little underwhelmed with the price tag.

This poses a good question. In the past Matt has stated that he would have to charge high dollar to play a 2.5- 3 hour set.  Maybe he is going to play for a long time? One could hope for a marathon performance.  Nothing for me will beat the time I saw him at Club Cafe in Pittsburgh. Maybe 20 ppl tops. I sat at a table literally 3 ft from Matt's mic. Incredible experience. 

I would imagine he would have the ability the play longer sets in the solo acoustic format.  I'm not sure of the economics exactly of course,  but I would assume he has way less overhead for these shows than he would for a band show.  If nothing else, he has less people on the road with him, maybe only a few people? (I'm not sure).  You would think he would have the ability to play significantly longer sets if he charges the same price for tickets or a little more.  Of course, he may just want to pocket that extra profit as well.

I believe the last time Matt went across Canada playing solo acoustic was in 2007, does anyone remember how long these sets were? (it was just before my time as an avid fan).  I have the recording of the 2006 show in Edmonton by Sean (on youtube).  He plays 20 songs in that show, so slightly more than he normally would in a band show.  Although, the running time is still just over 90mins for the whole show, including banter, so that's similar to the band shows he has played over the last 10 years.

47 minutes ago, Curtster said:

I would imagine he would have the ability the play longer sets in the solo acoustic format.  I'm not sure of the economics exactly of course,  but I would assume he has way less overhead for these shows than he would for a band show.  If nothing else, he has less people on the road with him, maybe only a few people? (I'm not sure).  You would think he would have the ability to play significantly longer sets if he charges the same price for tickets or a little more.  Of course, he may just want to pocket that extra profit as well.

I believe the last time Matt went across Canada playing solo acoustic was in 2007, does anyone remember how long these sets were? (it was just before my time as an avid fan).  I have the recording of the 2006 show in Edmonton by Sean (on youtube).  He plays 20 songs in that show, so slightly more than he normally would in a band show.  Although, the running time is still just over 90mins for the whole show, including banter, so that's similar to the band shows he has played over the last 10 years.

Approximately 20-25 songs, in total. He played for much longer than is typical. I saw two shows on that tour, and one was longer than the other (I think because it was Toronto vs. Hamilton), but they were long sets. He would drink wine between songs and banter more than is usual as well.

Yes his last solo acoustic shows could often last two hours with plenty of banter and 20 plus songs of course many of them were short because without the band there was no jam outs or ling intros/outros.  with that said all the acoustic shows hes done since 2006/2007 were usually in the 90 minute range although those were US tours and oddball one offs. The obvious exception to this being the secret show in Vancouver in 2012 where he played about 2.5 hours and had more audience interaction and banter than ive ever seen. Whether he goes that route for this tour remains to be seen. I suspect with small venues in small towns it will be pretty relaxed and low key which tends to be conducive to lengthy shows that are loose with tons of banter

On 7/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, foats said:

This poses a good question. In the past Matt has stated that he would have to charge high dollar to play a 2.5- 3 hour set.  Maybe he is going to play for a long time? One could hope for a marathon performance.  Nothing for me will beat the time I saw him at Club Cafe in Pittsburgh. Maybe 20 ppl tops. I sat at a table literally 3 ft from Matt's mic. Incredible experience. 

That was a damn fine show.

What in the actual hell.  So nearly about a third of this tour has leaked, and some of those dates have been on sale for over a month.  And yet Matt's crew announce just this one show...WTF.  The only reason I was in favour of this cloak and dagger approach was that I thought at least it might be easier to get good seats because the majority of fans wouldn't know these shows were going on sale, but then the one show I am for sure going to attend is the only one he officially announces.  Now I'm guessing the casual fan in Edmonton won't know about Fort Sask or Camrose so they'll probably think this St. Albert show is a one off and being a small venue could make it difficult to get seats.  And we still don't know if he is playing another date in the area during what is a few day gap in the schedule.  

Having the option to attend a number of shows on 1 tour is a nice problem to have.  Especially considering we in the States may never see him live here again.  Still hoping for a Buffalo or Pittsburgh date but wouldn't fault him for not playing either place.

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, foats said:

Having the option to attend a number of shows on 1 tour is a nice problem to have.  Especially considering we in the States may never see him live here again.  Still hoping for a Buffalo or Pittsburgh date but wouldn't fault him for not playing either place.

I hear you.  He used to play in Sault Ste Marie, (at least one show per tour) back in the early to mid 00's. But has not been back since.  It would be nice if he would come back, I'd love to be able to see him play live again without having to drive 8 hours either way.  I guess being in Canada that is difficult since many major cities are hours worth of driving from each other

Picked up some Airdrie tickets. Definitely a different approach to marketing but I'm sure there's a solid reason. It appears the die-hards are all going to have incredible seats, so if that's the intention then I'm on board.

Tickets for February 15 (Arden Theatre in St. Albert) went on sale this morning.  They used the "find seats for me" method which meant a lot of release/search again cycles, searching on multiple devices, etc. until I found something I liked.  I prefer the "choose your seat" method but all of the Arden Theatre shows for the 2018-19 season went on sale today so they may have used this approach until the initial surge is over.   

I was hoping for a seat lower down (15 rows in total in the venue) but they were too close to the edge and not in the middle.  In the end I found seats in the back row, which if I can't be on a balcony is probably the next best place to capture the show.  

We'll see what the 2019 announcement looks like but I'm pretty content with how this one week looks:

• Friday February 15 - St. Albert
  • Wednesday February 20 - Camrose
  • Friday February 22 - Fort Saskatchewan

Camrose appears to be 2/3 full (back three rows on the main and some rows in balcony) and Fort Saskatchewan is 3/4 full (main is mostly occupied and only seats remain in the balcony).  Curious to see is St. Albert will sell faster because it's had more of a formal announcement than the other two.  

EDIT: Two hours after they went on-sale there are only EIGHT tickets left for St. Albert...damn!

Edited by gursky
St Albert ticket sale progress

I got a St Albert ticket as well. Glad I got it right away then.
The very first time I checked it told me nothing was available and had me worried. Then I did the release recheck a few times and got the same ticket each time.

I got D21 for that. Just off center a bit. Not too bad.

Fort Saskatchewan's is B19 (feel like should be calling out bingo) which I think is off on a side. I found a sort of map but didn't have numbers.

Ya that's what I was complaining about 95% of the edmonton market thinks only one show is happening so they all tried for st albert some of who im sure are probably closer to other shows they dont even know are happening but actually went on sale two months ago. I still really dont understand why just one show was announced when a third  of the tour has leaked/gone on sale. 

Enough of me being a negative Nancy though. Managed to get tickets to the st albert show  after some initial frustration. Sounds like a few of us are going  to this one maybe we can meet up before hand or something

On 7/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, foats said:

lol I'm still waiting for him to announce a Louisiana date :dancingguy:

On 9/1/2018 at 1:45 AM, OriginalSpecies said:

lol I'm still waiting for him to announce a Louisiana date :dancingguy:

That made me laugh! But also a little sad. Those of us in the NYC driving range barely get a show anymore..it’s been over five years. I hope you get your wish. I made the trip to Hamilton in 2015 and was not disappointed. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, Jessafur said:

No word on any Vancouver Island shows at all yet, eh? 

Here you go, show announcement for Campbell RiverMG will play Monday February 4 at the Tidemark Theater.  Ticket cost is $43 (+applicable taxes and fees) and they go on sale Friday, September 21 at 10AM (assume PST?). 

Here is the page with the show announcement, which also has some potential artwork for the tour: http://tidemarktheatre.com/event/matthew-good-2/.

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 3.36.26 AM.png