Jump to content
MatthewGoodFan101

2019 Solo Acoustic Tour

Recommended Posts

I love the idea of hitting some smaller venues and playing markets he doesn't usually play.  Another thing that is pretty neat is the idea of the there and back again premise for this tour. Here on Vancouver Island, we usually either get the very start of a tour or the very end.  In the past I've seen tours where the early shows were rusty and other times where the last shows were obvious the band and Matt were exhausted.  On the other end of the scale, sometimes the early shows have a real enthusiasm to them where as sometimes as the tour progresses additional songs are worked on and performed.  The way this tour shakes out I'll get to see both the beginning and the end, so I'll get both contrasts.  Not to mention instead of a whole bunch of shows in one week and then nothing for a year or two, this way I get a bunch of shows and then six weeks later another show.  I think that will make it a totally interesting way to experience this tour compared to the way things have been in the past.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some better tickets for Victoria this morning in the public sale (front row).  I also managed to get 2 front row seats for Sidney, I previously only had 1.  I also got VIP for Campbell River, I wonder how many people will be doing VIP there?  Maybe it will be a really small group, that would be cool.

I have some spare tickets if anyone is interested, PM me.  I have 2 in row F for Victoria (right side).  I also have a single seat in the front row for Sidney (centre, A19).  You can have them for face-value of course (what I paid for them).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 5:46 PM, Jessafur said:

Hey, we are. I got 20-22 haha. Are you going to VIP too? 

I went on today and lucked out with 1st row....so im selling the D 18 & 19 and the B 22 & 23 set...face value if you know anyone looking 🐵 

No, no interest in the VIP ever...but the swag component looks great - you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jennzebel said:

I went on today and lucked out with 1st row....so im selling the D 18 & 19 and the B 22 & 23 set...face value if you know anyone looking 🐵 

No, no interest in the VIP ever...but the swag component looks great - you?

I always do VIP; love the intimacy of it. Didn't bother trying for front row though, didn't want to risk not being able to resell the tickets, haha. I've bought four now so I don't really want the risk on that many. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear ya...I'm a dickhead every tour and and end up with so many extra tickets to sell lol

Easy to flog if they are good though...the McPherson looks like a sell out, the bottom was near gone as half the balcony when I looked this morning. 🌞

VIP will be awesome, worth every penny! ✌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few Islanders on this site.  I like the idea of the Sidney show, very very small place, super intimate, that whole show will almost be like a VIP experience.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adam_777 said:

Quite a few Islanders on this site.  I like the idea of the Sidney show, very very small place, super intimate, that whole show will almost be like a VIP experience.  

Ahh yes....I am looking fwd to that show the most...I hate getting out to Sidney but you cannot beat that venue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just realized that I also have an extra ticket for Medicine Hat, because I had to buy two when I really just need one. Anybody need a row C ticket for that show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt mentioned deciding to do this tour instead of the kind of show he talked about before they may involve a multi night stand in a city and feature a wide cross section of his career.  While he may have dropped that concept, I am hopeful that he may use this acoustic tour to play a variety of things from across his career.  The full band shows over the last ten years have focused mainly on his current album and then hits from the Matthew Good Band days with a couple solo career hits thrown in.  Many records havent seen anything played off of them in years, things like Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, Vancouver and Lights of Endangered Species.  I'm hoping the acoustic nature of the shows will allow for varying sets like was common on his 2006-07 tour. Also, since this tour won't happen until February 2019 and that Matt has long been on a cycle of delivering an album every second year, I am wondering if we may get a preview of some new tracks on the tour.  

Anybody have any setlist wishlist items for this acoustic tour? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

Matt mentioned deciding to do this tour instead of the kind of show he talked about before they may involve a multi night stand in a city and feature a wide cross section of his career.  While he may have dropped that concept, I am hopeful that he may use this acoustic tour to play a variety of things from across his career.  The full band shows over the last ten years have focused mainly on his current album and then hits from the Matthew Good Band days with a couple solo career hits thrown in.  Many records havent seen anything played off of them in years, things like Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, Vancouver and Lights of Endangered Species.  I'm hoping the acoustic nature of the shows will allow for varying sets like was common on his 2006-07 tour. Also, since this tour won't happen until February 2019 and that Matt has long been on a cycle of delivering an album every second year, I am wondering if we may get a preview of some new tracks on the tour.  

Anybody have any setlist wishlist items for this acoustic tour? 

I prefer these solo acoustic tours to the full band ones so this news was very welcomed by me...Oddly enough, the "hits" since going solo are all my least favorite songs of his - I am hoping this tour will have the same vibe as some previous solo acoustic tours - they were my favorite performances...I will say when he played WWWHR a tour or so ago live I wept....like a GD baby...never thought I would hear that song live...if it gets a repeat solo acoustic I would be over the moon....

JEN'S DREAM SETLIST - (I will probably leave some obvious ones out, don't murder me):

She's Got a New Disguise, Haven't Slept in Years, Change of Seasons, Strange Days, I Miss New Wave, Let's Get it On, Running for Home, Fina Art of Falling Apart, Tripoli, Truffle Pigs, I, The Throw Away, WWWHR, A Long Way Down, House of Smoke & Mirrors, Were So Heavy, Empty Road, Champions of Nothing, 99%/Failure, On Nights Like Tonight, Volcanoes, Suburbia, How It Goes, Shallow's Low, Non Populous, Set Me On Fire, Via Delorosa, Mutineering, Guns of  Carolina, Moment, Los Alamos, Harridan, This is Night, Something Like a Storm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jennzebel said:

I prefer these solo acoustic tours to the full band ones so this news was very welcomed by me...Oddly enough, the "hits" since going solo are all my least favorite songs of his - I am hoping this tour will have the same vibe as some previous solo acoustic tours - they were my favorite performances...I will say when he played WWWHR a tour or so ago live I wept....like a GD baby...never thought I would hear that song live...if it gets a repeat solo acoustic I would be over the moon....

JEN'S DREAM SETLIST - (I will probably leave some obvious ones out, don't murder me):

She's Got a New Disguise, Haven't Slept in Years, Change of Seasons, Strange Days, I Miss New Wave, Let's Get it On, Running for Home, Fina Art of Falling Apart, Tripoli, Truffle Pigs, I, The Throw Away, WWWHR, A Long Way Down, House of Smoke & Mirrors, Were So Heavy, Empty Road, Champions of Nothing, 99%/Failure, On Nights Like Tonight, Volcanoes, Suburbia, How It Goes, Shallow's Low, Non Populous, Set Me On Fire, Via Delorosa, Mutineering, Guns of  Carolina, Moment, Los Alamos, Harridan, This is Night, Something Like a Storm.

This would be amazing. This would ACTUALLY be my everything. Holy moly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, adam_777 said:

Matt mentioned deciding to do this tour instead of the kind of show he talked about before they may involve a multi night stand in a city and feature a wide cross section of his career.  While he may have dropped that concept, I am hopeful that he may use this acoustic tour to play a variety of things from across his career.  The full band shows over the last ten years have focused mainly on his current album and then hits from the Matthew Good Band days with a couple solo career hits thrown in.  Many records havent seen anything played off of them in years, things like Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, Vancouver and Lights of Endangered Species.  I'm hoping the acoustic nature of the shows will allow for varying sets like was common on his 2006-07 tour. Also, since this tour won't happen until February 2019 and that Matt has long been on a cycle of delivering an album every second year, I am wondering if we may get a preview 

Anybody have any setlist wishlist items for this acoustic tour? 

Some of mine are never going to happen and songs that weren’t released or pre-mgb but what the hell, we can dream right?

 

Dusk

Tidal wave

Champions of nothing

Rabbits

Suburbia

Truffle pigs

Advertising

Tripoli

House of smoke and mirrors

Girl in the war (cover)

Flight recorder

Prime time deliverance

Near fantastica

Set me on fire

Los alamos

Harridan

Running for home

Empty road

Rat who would be king

Joe’s in trouble

 

And if Matt is ever taking suggestions for covers I would like to submit Mike Scott’s “A Wild Holy Band” it’s ten minutes of amazing and I think it would be wonderful.

Edited by mackie1023
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's taking requests, and I know he's not:

Empty Road

Champions of Nothing

Vancouver National Anthem

Running from Home

Fine Art of Falling Apart

Suburbia

Tripoli

Los Alamos

Prime Time Deliverance

Non Populus

Set Me On Fire

Some of these would be cool to hear reimagined for just an acoustic.  I'm happy to hear any of it though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Pennies live and NF acoustic.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why around the time tickets went on sale (regular sale, not presale) the London show was around $46 and now it's $73?  Also for the BM tour and when I first checked this it just showed a single GA seat option and now there's different seat options when it's mostly a standing venue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Manchalivin said:

Does anyone know why around the time tickets went on sale (regular sale, not presale) the London show was around $46 and now it's $73?  Also for the BM tour and when I first checked this it just showed a single GA seat option and now there's different seat options when it's mostly a standing venue?

It looks like the GA tickets sold out, and all that's left are Reserved balcony seats. The GA tickets were probably the $46 ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 5:38 AM, Manchalivin said:

Does anyone know why around the time tickets went on sale (regular sale, not presale) the London show was around $46 and now it's $73?  Also for the BM tour and when I first checked this it just showed a single GA seat option and now there's different seat options when it's mostly a standing venue?

That is really weird.  When my brother bought tickets, they were at $46 for GA.  Now it says it's a seated venue, which I doubt.  The only thing I can think of is that the balcony will be seated for this, but again, I've never seen that at the Music Hall, and I've been there a bunch of times.  I know it's a good place to be, but I've never been up there.

I'll reach out to them on Facebook, because that is strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 5:38 AM, Manchalivin said:

Does anyone know why around the time tickets went on sale (regular sale, not presale) the London show was around $46 and now it's $73?  Also for the BM tour and when I first checked this it just showed a single GA seat option and now there's different seat options when it's mostly a standing venue?

This is the response from the Music Hall:

The entire show is seated. It is a Matt Good acoustic show. With GA Floor, you can access floor or balcony seats at, first come first serve. The tickets that are left are the reserved seats in our new balcony mezzanine

So it's a seated show in a club.  Should be interesting.  And they apparently have a new mezzanine section, which is news to me.  I don't know where it is, but the railing standing room is a good angle to see a show.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar in Montreal - usually a standing GA venue with balcony seating but only ticket available was “general admission seated”. An email to Evenko confirmed a seated show, first come first serve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All, long time no talk lol.

I am now a broke university student (something possessed me to go to university, thinking now maybe it’s a mistake lol. All I do is school work and have no money)

So my modest list of shows this round are Ottawa and Kingston.

I AM BEYOND STOKED TO HEAR MATT GOOD ACOUSTIC IN A FREAKING CHURCH. CHURCH ACOUSTICS ARE GOING TO BE INSANE. I might actually die. My fingers are crossed for VIP for Kingston. I asked for it for Christmas. But we’ll see. 

If I don’t do VIP, I will probably snag a Montreal ticket closer to the date. I hope the VIP just stays on sale for a while. Cause in that case I’ll buy it for myself further down the line.

For the Ottawa show, there wasn’t any online access to presale as far as I know (couldn’t find it) so I called the venue when presale was supposed to be happening and the lady on the phone secured me a front row ticket. Generally my Ottawa presale luck is not that good! So  I’m pretty stoked for that. I thought all the tickets were going to be 90$ (after seeing the Neat cafe prices released before the tickets went on sale) so I had made peace with only going to one show. Pretty stoked to get 2 shows for under 100$ :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, emmit643 said:

Hello All, long time no talk lol.

I am now a broke university student (something possessed me to go to university, thinking now maybe it’s a mistake lol. All I do is school work and have no money)

So my modest list of shows this round are Ottawa and Kingston.

I AM BEYOND STOKED TO HEAR MATT GOOD ACOUSTIC IN A FREAKING CHURCH. CHURCH ACOUSTICS ARE GOING TO BE INSANE. I might actually die. My fingers are crossed for VIP for Kingston. I asked for it for Christmas. But we’ll see. 

If I don’t do VIP, I will probably snag a Montreal ticket closer to the date. I hope the VIP just stays on sale for a while. Cause in that case I’ll buy it for myself further down the line.

For the Ottawa show, there wasn’t any online access to presale as far as I know (couldn’t find it) so I called the venue when presale was supposed to be happening and the lady on the phone secured me a front row ticket. Generally my Ottawa presale luck is not that good! So  I’m pretty stoked for that. I thought all the tickets were going to be 90$ (after seeing the Neat cafe prices released before the tickets went on sale) so I had made peace with only going to one show. Pretty stoked to get 2 shows for under 100$ 😄

Looking forward to the Kingston show as well! Looks like a really interesting venue. If you see a family of 4 there, that's us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, emmit643 said:

Hello All, long time no talk lol.

I am now a broke university student (something possessed me to go to university, thinking now maybe it’s a mistake lol. All I do is school work and have no money)

So my modest list of shows this round are Ottawa and Kingston.

I AM BEYOND STOKED TO HEAR MATT GOOD ACOUSTIC IN A FREAKING CHURCH. CHURCH ACOUSTICS ARE GOING TO BE INSANE. I might actually die. My fingers are crossed for VIP for Kingston. I asked for it for Christmas. But we’ll see. 

If I don’t do VIP, I will probably snag a Montreal ticket closer to the date. I hope the VIP just stays on sale for a while. Cause in that case I’ll buy it for myself further down the line.

For the Ottawa show, there wasn’t any online access to presale as far as I know (couldn’t find it) so I called the venue when presale was supposed to be happening and the lady on the phone secured me a front row ticket. Generally my Ottawa presale luck is not that good! So  I’m pretty stoked for that. I thought all the tickets were going to be 90$ (after seeing the Neat cafe prices released before the tickets went on sale) so I had made peace with only going to one show. Pretty stoked to get 2 shows for under 100$ :D

Quite the change in your list of shows from tours past....

A church would be a fantastic setting for a show.  Sounds cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, hoogie said:

This is the response from the Music Hall:

The entire show is seated. It is a Matt Good acoustic show. With GA Floor, you can access floor or balcony seats at, first come first serve. The tickets that are left are the reserved seats in our new balcony mezzanine

So it's a seated show in a club.  Should be interesting.  And they apparently have a new mezzanine section, which is news to me.  I don't know where it is, but the railing standing room is a good angle to see a show.  

 

Thanks for asking about it.  That is very interesting.  That was one of the things that made the decision on whether or not to purchase a ticket harder was thinking I might have to stand because they had very limited seating there last time and I would like to sit this time (especially for an acoustic show).  It's very iffy on whether you'll be able to get a seat before they're taken.  Guaranteed seat in a new mezzanine sounds cool.  I hope it will be worth an increased price.  The whole place being seated should be very different for that venue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Manchalivin said:

Thanks for asking about it.  That is very interesting.  That was one of the things that made the decision on whether or not to purchase a ticket harder was thinking I might have to stand because they had very limited seating there last time and I would like to sit this time (especially for an acoustic show).  It's very iffy on whether you'll be able to get a seat before they're taken.  Guaranteed seat in a new mezzanine sounds cool.  I hope it will be worth an increased price.  The whole place being seated should be very different for that venue. 

The seating will be different, but I asked a friend who's been there to watch the indie wrestling that's there sometimes, and he said it's fine.  I've always wanted to watch a show from up there because it's way less crowded.  It'll be strange to fight over a spot to sit.  Guess I better show up when the doors open for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,  it would be nice to not be so crowded.  And having a reserved seat is kind of nice too.

Who's all going to the London show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.