daniel_v

The Matthew Good Band Upload Thread (videos)

First on the list is Rico, live @ Much Music in December of 1998 at the Big Shiny Tunes 3 Release Party. Apparently this was the first performance Rich ever played with the band. 

Again, props to Adam for creating a digital copy here and for all of the others I'm going to post. Muchly appreciated (See what I did there ? ).

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1

Second is an interview Rachel did with the band back into 1999 on their Edgefest stop in Edmonton. 

This includes a friendly rivalry with Moist, Rachel from Much Music (who unbeknownst to most, including myself up until watching this, actually apparently gave Matt the garden gnome that  would eventually appear in the Anti-Pop video), part of a live performance of Deep Six, and Dave vs Rich for Rachel's affection, lol. 

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1

Awesome stuff, thanks again for sending along your tape.  There was probably an hours worth of stuff on there that I'd never seen posted online before so pretty cool to see it get posted for those who were fans back then to relive or for current fans to experience for the first time.  

The videos from Daniels tapes are all being hosted by our good friend Chad (aka Plasticsoldier) on his excellent Disorientation site.  The videos can be streamed there and also are offered for download for those of you who want to have the files on your hard drive.  

Here is the link, and a big thanks again to Daniel and Chad for their help in getting this material out there for the fans.  

http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/downloads-video.php

On 6/30/2018 at 7:35 PM, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

I was so eager to get these videos onto Youtube that I saved Dan the trouble and uploaded the videos myself. My channel has almost 5500 subscribers, so people who may not be familiar with this fansite will discover this lost footage too.

Here's an idea:

Since you were already called on it once, when you take stuff that other people took the time to make available, and then post it as your own (for the purpose of increasing your own traffic) maybe first ask permission, and second... credit them for it- meaning since you took it from Chad's site you could maybe actually include a link to his site on your YT page in the first bloody place. Not one of these videos includes a link to his site. 

Edited by daniel_v

First of all, I really appreciate that people took the time to make these videos available, so thank you guys very much. I'm not posting these videos to get credit for them as my own. When I uploaded the MGB MMM bio and someone asked how to access the whole bio, I gave the link to Chad's site. I just posted these videos myself so more Matt Good fans and Canadian music fans in general who may not be familiar with this fansite could see them. I didn't ask permission because they were made available to download, so I took that as permission. I'll include a link to Chad's site on everyone of the videos.

I think it's good to have the videos here to access easily. I do love Chad's site as it is probably the most comprehensive listing of MGB/MG out there right now but I do spend more time here and it's cool to have all of the videos in this thread.

Having said that, I am perplexed that there aren't many full band MGB shows floating around in video form.  I know that the Lackawanna MGB show from Dave's bday was professionally taped but to this day have never found a copy. There has to be other stuff out there considering similar bands like OLP, Headstones, Tea Party, ETC have a bunch of video bootlegs from the same era available. 

I love seeing the pro shot footage with the Victory in sheer volume banner and Rich with the white MGB jersey. I wish we had access to more video from that era. 

That banner is the shit.  I wonder who has it and where it is now.  That would be an ultimate collectible for a fan.  I would hang that proudly in my home forever.  I've only see Rich wear the white and yellow MGB jersey.

13 hours ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

First of all, I really appreciate that people took the time to make these videos available, so thank you guys very much. I'm not posting these videos to get credit for them as my own. When I uploaded the MGB MMM bio and someone asked how to access the whole bio, I gave the link to Chad's site. I just posted these videos myself so more Matt Good fans and Canadian music fans in general who may not be familiar with this fansite could see them. I didn't ask permission because they were made available to download, so I took that as permission. I'll include a link to Chad's site on everyone of the videos.

You know what? I apologize.

I could have handled that more diplomatically and less counter intuitively.

I agree it's better for someone with more subscribers to post the videos as more people will see them. Likewise, I shouldn't have accused you of posting those just to increase
subscribers to your channel. I don't know you and I get wanting to share things with other people. It's why I sent those to Adam in the first place to be converted. If more MG/MGB fans can see them as a result of them being posted on your channel, who wouldn't have otherwise noticed them, all the better.

Like I said though, just for the sake of courtesy, in the future if you could at least ask for permission first and give credit to the place you got them from right off the bat that would be cool.

Anyways, thanks for calm and rational reply.

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1