MatthewGoodFan101

Cancelled MGB MuchMusic performance

While indulging in my hobby of looking through old music magazine articles online, I stumbled upon something that I never knew about. In October 2001, it was announced that MGB, then still together, were going to perform an Intimate and Interactive set on MuchMusic in November. Unfortunately, before that could happen, the band broke up. Did anyone else know about this? I would've loved to have seen MGB do an Intimate and Interactive set on Much, especially since they were probably gonna perform songs from Audio of Being which was what the performance was promoting.

Not that it matters now but that would have been incredible. AOB is still my favourite album from MGB or Matt. Do u have a link to the article? 

While its shitty we’ll never get to see that, it’s possible if Adam manages to get the full version of their performance at Much back in June of 96 we might get something even better.

I think Matt and Rich showed up for some kind of Much Music special/interview around that time. I can't remember exactly.  Only something about Matt saying something about wanting to use the bathroom during the interview.  Although I could be thinking of someone else entirely.

13 minutes ago, Stwlegend said:

“ChartAttack was saved some of its usual barely literate roastings via the site's message board”

Wow lol

I was a member of that board which eventually became the "Metro" on another site.  It was a pretty toxic and cliquey place near the end.  Lots of people on there were assholes. Though it makes sense since most of them were 17-23 years old.  I remember some people purposefully trying to egg Matt on into an argument.  That was kind of funny to be honest now that I look back on it.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, Sly Botts said:

I was a member of that board which eventually became the "Metro" on another site.  It was a pretty toxic and cliquey place near the end.  Lots of people on there were assholes. Though it makes sense since most of them were 17-23 years old.  I remember some people purposefully trying to egg Matt on into an argument.  That was kind of funny to be honest now that I look back on it.

Not to get too far off topic, but did MG or MGB's official page ever directly have a message board?  Or did it go Running From Home to Metro to this site or something?  Wasn't really following the web stuff for Matt back then, just listening to the tunes.  I'm curious hearing all these crazy stories about these sites.  Wild early internet days it sounds like.

• Like 1

There's another Chart article which stated some interesting stuff I didn't know about. When Dave originally quit the band in August 2001, Ryan Dahle (from Age of Electric and Limblifter) was named his temporary replacement. Also, in that same article they say that MGB fans should expect a live album in time for Christmas. What ever happened to that album? Why wasn't it released? Here's the link to that article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030624044412/http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2001/08/2701.cfm

On 1/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, Stwlegend said:

Not to get too far off topic, but did MG or MGB's official page ever directly have a message board?  Or did it go Running From Home to Metro to this site or something?  Wasn't really following the web stuff for Matt back then, just listening to the tunes.  I'm curious hearing all these crazy stories about these sites.  Wild early internet days it sounds like.

I don't think it did.  If I remember correctly, MGB had an official site that may have linked to RFH.net and then the Metro after that. The MGB site itself never had one.  This board was around, around the time of Metro and I think it gained more members once Metro shut down.  Again, I'm not 100% certain here but if memory serves, this is what happened.  Please anyone feel free to correct me.

It was a bit of wild west I guess but there were moderators and such but we were the first generation that was able to interact with each other the way we did. Matt involving himself was a bonus.

• Like 1

I had a message board for a while too (before my hosting messed up and lost the database a few too many times), as did Prime Time Deliverance.
PTD had a lot of us who didn't feel like we fit in with groups on Running For Home's board. After PTD wasn't around, I had my board, The Double Life, for a while.

MGB during the AOB days linked to Running For Home's board (the APA [Amusement Park Accident]). 

Nation Of Cool had an official board, was that the Metro?. the official MG.org site had an official board on and off too.

There's been so many it's hard to keep track. I'm sure Whorrible and other pre-Running For Home sites had some too. but man was that forever ago to remember considering my site itself is 18 years old

• Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 1:46 AM, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

There's another Chart article which stated some interesting stuff I didn't know about. When Dave originally quit the band in August 2001, Ryan Dahle (from Age of Electric and Limblifter) was named his temporary replacement. Also, in that same article they say that MGB fans should expect a live album in time for Christmas. What ever happened to that album? Why wasn't it released? Here's the link to that article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030624044412/http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2001/08/2701.cfm

Maybe the live album was going to be a release of the I&I and since it didn't happen.... well, no release?

I wish Matt had planned to release this current tour as live albums.  An artist I follow did a tour where she dropped soundboard of every show that didn't have a prohibitive licensing fee the next day on iTunes.  So we ended up with soundboard recordings of about 95% of one of her best tours.  Given the rarities already popping up, having them for prosperity would have been incredible.  Plus, more money for Matt as a bonus!