daniel_v

Sneak Peek- Studio Work

This is...really epic, exciting, and organic sounding ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw8p_t-g_v2/

Hopefully it leads somewhere big. Though Something Like a Storm sounded like it was going somewhere massive too and then just faded out, so hopefully this one is a little different in that sense. I doubt Matt would share the climax of a song before it was finished.

Edited by daniel_v
  • Upvote 3

Yeah the sneak peaks are sounding real good so far.  I really like this one: 

I liked that the sound for the Something Like A Storm album showcased yet another different sound for Matt but this is more my speed.

Edited by Manchalivin

On 6/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, Gomo said:

Has he said anywhere that this was looking like a fall release? Or is that too early?

I believe I read somewhere that was him aim, though don't quote me on that.

For the last so many album since Arrows of Desire he has, almost like clockwork, had fall releases every two years. I would be surprised if this year wasn't the same unless he decides he wants/needs to do more work on the album. 

Four of his last five albums have been fall releases including his last three. In addition since Hospital music he has released a new album every two years and even going back to the MGB years every two years was the trend, the only time this was altered was WLRRR which came a year after Avalanche and Hospital Music three years after that.  So im thinking we'll get an announcement soon for a mid fall release. Matt had these songs written last winter recorded last spring and basically has only played a few dates since so i imagine he'll be starting up another full tour before too long and the album release will be prior to that. 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, adam_777 said:

Four of his last five albums have been fall releases including his last three. In addition since Hospital music he has released a new album every two years and even going back to the MGB years every two years was the trend, the only time this was altered was WLRRR which came a year after Avalanche and Hospital Music three years after that.  So im thinking we'll get an announcement soon for a mid fall release. Matt had these songs written last winter recorded last spring and basically has only played a few dates since so i imagine he'll be starting up another full tour before too long and the album release will be prior to that. 

Warren was apparently getting close to being done with the mixing process back in June so hopefully you're right.

• Like 1

Anyone take notice of the outro with the ambient sounds when rolling the credit. I'm a big fan of his experimental stuff.

I recall he had a track on the matthewgood.org site some years ago a track would automatically play it was all keys or an organ with a low deep resonating sound followed by basic sound flattened, I think I could hear hammers in the background

I would kill to hear that track again.

13 hours ago, RickDalton said:

Anyone take notice of the outro with the ambient sounds when rolling the credit. I'm a big fan of his experimental stuff.

I recall he had a track on the matthewgood.org site some years ago a track would automatically play it was all keys or an organ with a low deep resonating sound followed by basic sound flattened, I think I could hear hammers in the background

Not sure which one that was, but I was disappointed when he scrapped the 20 minute version of Something Like A Storm. I thought that was one of the best concepts he's had in a long time and I'm not sure why he decided not to run with it. Maybe logistically it would have just been too much of a hassle to rehearse and play live. But that demo still rocks.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, RickDalton said:

Did you find it?

If not I do have a copy of that. Think it was posted sometime around the mid 2000s on his site. Really cool instrumental track. When it was downloaded originally the name that came with it was "Globes".  However, I don't know if that was the name Matt gave it or just the name that the person who originally copied it gave it. I'll see if I can't make a copy of it available here or somewhere on the internet sometime this week when I have a day off. 

On 8/19/2019 at 8:03 AM, Gomo said:

Not sure which one that was, but I was disappointed when he scrapped the 20 minute version of Something Like A Storm. I thought that was one of the best concepts he's had in a long time and I'm not sure why he decided not to run with it. Maybe logistically it would have just been too much of a hassle to rehearse and play live. But that demo still rocks.

Agreed. That is one of the most amazing tracks of music I have ever heard in my life (and that's despite the fact that the production on it is only from a demo). I still listen to it to this day. It's one of the few times Matt has ever let his influence from Explosions in the Sky show. The different sonic landscapes he explores are just mind bending and so soulful. I may see if I can  make that available again too. 

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jessafur said:

I have never heard of this "Globes" track but would love to listen! Any chance you could put it up in the Lounge? 

3 hours ago, RickDalton said:

@daniel_v when you post the song "Globes" can you please send me a private message. 

Thanks very much appreciated. 

If you both want to P.M me your e-mails I can just send a direct copy tonight so you don't have to wait for me to get it uploaded online. Might be a bit faster that way. 

• Like 1

As we're on the subject of one rarities, I'm looking for the "video game" song. Its a 16 bit rendition of Weapon and or a compilation mix of a few Matthew Good songs that sound like a track for a video game. It was fan made but hosted on the Matthew Good site for a short period of time. Reaching out to see if anyone has a copy? Please and thanks.