AnythingYouWant

Matthew Good's new Band

Well, it's been over 2 years since Matt Good has started gigging with the new band, and I must say they've vastly improved since some of those early shows.

Christian's nailing his leads much better than on the Avalanche tour. In many 02-03 bootlegs, you can hear a number of sour notes in the leads, but lately he's been pretty much spot on.

Rich has always been solid on bass, but he really stepped it up on WLRRR, just listen to the fills on ASR or the bluesy lines on Little Terror. And he can still rock out the old tunes like Automatic.

Pat's drumming has also gotten more dependable. On some Avalanche era bootlegs, he misses beats and the whole band goes off because of it, but nowadays, he's dead on, and puts in some unbelievable fills in there too.

Though I still miss the days of Dave, Geoff, and Ian, these boys are definitely a more than worthy replacement, and have given us a stellar album in WLRRR. Discuss.

-julz

i agree with you that they have improved... but they were pretty good already when being MGB... now they are different, they have included some different tunes... and that makes the band different, not better, but different, in my opinion

(sorry to disappoint and disagree with you, Jon, but "gotten" is a word... it is the past participle of "get", specially in American and Canadian English... acceptable as formal English by all grammar books I have read and used for my English classes ;) )

sorry for this offtopic

Rich has always been solid on bass, but he really stepped it up on WLRRR, just listen to the fills on ASR or the bluesy lines on Little Terror. And he can still rock out the old tunes like Automatic.

I couldn't agree more....RICH IS THE MAN!