Sign in to follow this  
adam_777

MGB Footage

Posted (edited)

Thanks again for the heads up, Adam. Really looking forwards to it 🙂 Aside from material of the early days of the band being so rare, to my knowledge the only video that exists of Geoff performing with them is the Mike Bullard performance of Indestructible, and that is a shame given what he brought to the table. He was such a unique, skilled, inventive, soulful and talented bass player. 

Edited by daniel_v

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

And the videos are now live on my site 🙂

http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/downloads-video.php

The first 5 videos on the page are the newly added ones, with the awesomeness of the first video being the entire performance of Sharks Of Downtown!
I did create an MP3 of the song from the video. linked on the main page (http://mattgood.plastic-soldier.com/) as well as on the audio downloads page

I have been waiting since 2001, ever since I saw a clip of it on the MMM Bio, to hear Sharks and this interview. The other stuff looks f***ing great too. Something from the The Town Pump? Seriously?! Sweeeeeeeet sweetness!!! Hahahahaha!!!

I'm downloading all of it as I type this and am as giddy as a school girl right now 🤣

Honestly haven't been this excited for something in a loooong time 😊

Thank you so much, all of you- Chad, Adam, and Sue. This means mountains to me. 

Edit- My brain just exploded. I can not believe I just watched a live performance of Native Son. F***CKING NATIVE.SON! I honestly don't think I can process that. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Seeing the entire band that young is something else. I never thought I'd get to see a live video performance of a song from that album. That was indescribably glorious. 

Sharks was bloody awesome too. Very reminiscent of his Pre-MGB songs (especially the lyrical performance). I don't know why they decided to play that that day too but I'm so glad they did! 

Edited by daniel_v

Wow this is amazing stuff.  Loving it all.  Thanks guys for doing all this.  Never would have thought I would have seen all this.

8 hours ago, daniel_v said:

Thank you so much, all of you- Chad, Adam, and Sue. 

That goes double for me. That live version of She's Got a New Disguise was absolutely amazing. I hope Matt and the band play that song live in future. Geoff's live guitar playing sounded great. I've never heard it so clear before. Matt sure looked young with so many different hairstyles. I enjoyed watching the videos. They were very interesting. 

It's wonderful that decades can go by and it's still possible to unearth a treasure like this.  The amount of effort to obtain this from the Lloyd family and digitize it is no small feat and a gigantic thank you to everyone involved.  This is a gem for all of us, and as MG said in the "Sharks of Downtown" video, he created classic rock of the future and here we are.

• Upvote 2

I've been waiting a long time for this. Geoff was about to mail me this footage to digitize but then he sadly passed. It was worth the wait.