Prairieboy

20 years of Beautiful Midnight

Hard to believe that 20 years ago this month (Sept 14th to be exact) is when Beautiful Midnight was released. Man, do I feel old now ? lol

An album that lived up to and exceeded expectations....I still remember where I bought it, opening it up and seeing the monkey mask on the CD and the little words “hidden” in the liner notes booklet printed in clear ink (if that makes any sense), how I listened to it, what songs really hooked me, and how it was the soundtrack to my life then and marked some significant changes in my life.  

Thx to Matt & crew for that album - such a masterpiece. 

• Upvote 3

I remember hearing Load Me Up on the radio as my first introduction to the band back in the fall of 99. After that I went and bought the album, was amazed and hooked, and then went out and got what existed of their catalogue at the time. So thankful I heard that song because a lot of MGB/Matt's music has been a soundtrack for my life and MGB still holds the record for greatest concert ever during their last run in the summer of 2001 (it was at Red Deer, Alberta, in the Centrium) . 

Likewise, to this day, Giant remains one of the most amazing and magical songs I have ever heard in my life. 

• Upvote 1