patrickjnixon

Selling You My Heart Video is up

Really glad to see this song get a video.  Wasn't a huge fan of Sicily although I did enjoy the video itself, But this song is everything I love about Matt's music.  Can't wait for this new album! I've really liked most of what I've heard from it so far.  

a drunkard in Hamburg

lost in Stadtpark

sleeping in wet glass (grass?)

marching vodka

tonight I'm a series of long shots

forever selling you my heart selling you my heart

gotta think gotta think carefully

the PR of inaccuracy

photographs of the back of me

face down long hair

sit up and start

get dressed, stand there the flashes arc

last night I was memory of broken parts

selling you my heart

selling you my heart

gotta think gotta think carefully

the PR of inaccuracy

of the back me of the back me

of the back me of the back me

... Feel free to correct 

Guest Rhu8ar8Pi3
41 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

So hauntingly beautiful. Not gonna lie...I choked up/teared up when I saw his facial expressions at 1:08 for the first time ?

I agree. Wow, that was hauntingly beautiful. I almost had tears welled up in me around 1:08 too. Nice video. I'm curious where that was filmed. Maybe Vancouver?

I can't wait for February 21st. 

Edited by Rhu8ar8Pi3

9 hours ago, Rhu8ar8Pi3 said:

I agree. Wow, that was hauntingly beautiful. I almost had tears welled up in me around 1:08 too. Nice video. I'm curious where that was filmed. Maybe Vancouver?

I can't wait for February 21st. 

Vancouver, The Metropolitan Vancouver Hotel in one of the suites. I stayed there not long ago, different room, but recognized the view looking toward the Vancouver Art Gallery. 

metro hotel vancouver.jpg

I don't think it's too short. When I watch the video and listen to the song I get this realization that I've been following MG's career for so long and we're both in very different places in our lives all these years later. Matt and his music have aged and matured over the years as have I and I feel like we're all growing older with the music together. This song feels more mature than past stuff......I dunno what I'm really trying to say.

Edited by Gomo
  • Upvote 1

Such a real feeling song and video.  I really like how natural and emotional the video feels.  Matt's voice and singing sounds really good here, really clean and some nice higher range.  And the strings sound grand.  Much more up my alley than Sicily or quite a bit of the last album.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:48 PM, Gomo said:

I don't think it's too short. When I watch the video and listen to the song I get this realization that I've been following MG's career for so long and we're both in very different places in our lives all these years later. Matt and his music have aged and matured over the years as have I and I feel like we're all growing older with the music together. This song feels more mature than past stuff......I dunno what I'm really trying to say.

No, that makes that sense. I think there's more than a few pieces of Matt's music these days that have a feeling of age, but I mean that in a good way because the ones that do communicate a sense of authenticity and haunting that is really quite beautiful and striking at times. I think the same thing about his reworking of Fearless. It's obviously different than the original, and yet the acoustic nature, the way he sings it with a tired presentation, and the quiet way he strums/picks the chord progression to create a haunting feel is really quite beautiful, especially when contrasted with the original which had such an uplifting and energetic feel to it (which I also love). The new one is like listening to something with the same soul/hope, but just with a different exterior- one that has been through "a lot" of shit over 2 and half decades. 

Feels like Selling You My Heart has that same kind of vibe to it and I think the video is meant to communicate that as well. 

I like this song however when I first saw the video, I didn't think I liked the song. But when I re-listened to it on Spotify with no visuals and just raw music, I realized that I loved it. The atmosphere of the song really hits me. The reverb, the instrumentation, etc; the video does not do it justice but that doesn't mean the video is bad either.  I think if I had listened to the song first, that would have been better.  Since Hospital Music, I find there are usually 2 sometimes 3 songs that I find amazing or really good on the album. I think this may be one of them.  I recommend listening to it while driving or in a quiet place alone with your thoughts to really let it hit you.

Yeah, while Sicily is cool, this track is way up my alley.

Based on both the demos as well as this pair of singles, I am hoping/half-expecting an album that marries Hospital Music's 'heart-on-your-sleeve' vibe with the production of Chaotic Neutral...if that turns out to be the case, I will be in seventh heaven for months to come.

42 minutes ago, Williammunny11 said:

Yeah, while Sicily is cool, this track is way up my alley.

Based on both the demos as well as this pair of singles, I am hoping/half-expecting an album that marries Hospital Music's 'heart-on-your-sleeve' vibe with the production of Chaotic Neutral...if that turns out to be the case, I will be in seventh heaven for months to come.

I think that bang on nails my feelings on what I've heard so far.  That is a great comparison to the sound so far, and definitely if that is the way the album plays out will be a very welcome approach on my end.