Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foats

2020 Moving Walls Tour Thread

Recommended Posts

Figured with the tour kicking off I would make a thread to discuss shows/setlists/etc.  Anyone going to the show tonight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just saw the show in Pictou. Still a few kinks in terms of transitions but the music was beautiful. Lots of songs from the new album; he sang at least six. I thought Dreading It was fantastic! Matt said he thought Parts was by far the best song on the album. 

Edited by Ang
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt's Toronto show is in one week and there are still over 900 tickets available. I think Matt's tour organizer may have bitten more than they can chew by booking Matt at Meridian Hall. They probably should've booked Matt at Rebel or for 2 nights at the Danforth like he did last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

Matt's Toronto show is in one week and there are still over 900 tickets available. I think Matt's tour organizer may have bitten more than they can chew by booking Matt at Meridian Hall. They probably should've booked Matt at Rebel or for 2 nights at the Danforth like he did last year.

1 show in Toronto/GTA is dumb.  Maybe venues in Toronto were booked who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was nothing booked at Rebel for the 12th. I think Rebel would've been a better venue for Matt to play. Only 2500 capacity, as opposed to nearly 3200 for Meridian Hall. The tickets at Rebel would all be GA and wouldn't cost as much as some of the tickets at Meridian. I love Matt, but I don't know if I'd pay over $100 to see him, especially when I've already seen him 9 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

There was nothing booked at Rebel for the 12th. I think Rebel would've been a better venue for Matt to play. Only 2500 capacity, as opposed to nearly 3200 for Meridian Hall. The tickets at Rebel would all be GA and wouldn't cost as much as some of the tickets at Meridian. I love Matt, but I don't know if I'd pay over $100 to see him, especially when I've already seen him 9 times. 

Agree wholeheartedly with both of you. I think the promoter got greedy thinking since Matt can sell out two or three nights, why not do one big show. 
 

The big problem with the Sony Centre is that for a good seat, you can expect the price to be over $120 with fees. I’m avoiding Kraftwerk there this summer for that exact reason. 
 

I’d love to go but don’t like the ticket prices. And the set list is still a considerable unknown. 
 

Besides, why would I pay that price when I can see him perform on the outskirts for $50 and probably be closer?

 

 And no to Rebel — that venue sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Japan right now and venues and attractions all over the country are closing. The coronavirus is a pretty serious thing and a lot of concerts have been cancelled here.

I've been trying to keep up with the news back home and it seems the cases in Canada and the US are increasing as well. Hopefully we don't get any cancellations but I can definitely understand the hesitation to buy tickets for a show where you'll likely be cramped together with strangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt's father passed away last night.  Matt announced that he intends to go on with the tour.  Much respect to Matt and my thoughts and prayers go out to Matt and his family. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halifax set per setlist.fm:

  1. One of Them Years
  2. Something Like a Storm
  3. Born Losers
  4. Boobytrapped
  5. Beauty
  6. Dreading It (sidenote: would love to see this used as a set opener)
  7. Sicily
  8. Bullets in a Briefcase
  9. Load Me Up
  10. Hello Time Bomb
  11. Apparitions
  12. Parts
  13. Weapon

Encore:

  1. Giant
  2. Lumière Noire
  3. Selling You My Heart
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that setlist is really heavy on the last two albums. 10/16 which i think is great especially since i never saw the OLP tour so i havent seen much of the SLAS stuff live and the two tracks on that set are my two favourites from that album. 

The other material is the crowd friendly warhorses which are inevitable and i still enjoy hearing.  

 

I still crave the odd deep cut from some of the albums often underrepresented like Avalanche and Vancouver, but i know the logistical problems Matt faces with rehearsing that stuff and ive accepted the reality that the solo acoustic shows are thr most likely landing platform for something like that. Looking forward to hearing the new songs live! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Halifax show was fantastic. Matt is a real pleasure to listen to live. 

Absolutely loved everything, but the personal highlights were One of Them Years, Bullets in a Briefcase and Parts.

The awful venue isn't great for the acoustic stuff, due to the loud techno music in the bar below. Couldn't really hear Selling You My Heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

There was nothing booked at Rebel for the 12th. I think Rebel would've been a better venue for Matt to play. Only 2500 capacity, as opposed to nearly 3200 for Meridian Hall. The tickets at Rebel would all be GA and wouldn't cost as much as some of the tickets at Meridian. I love Matt, but I don't know if I'd pay over $100 to see him, especially when I've already seen him 9 times. 

Drive to Hamilton the tickets are $60 there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Matt performed Dreading It from the bar while drinking a shot (per his Instagram)   There are a few vids from the 2nd show on You Tube currently.   Sets look great. Very heavy on the new album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, foats said:

I believe Matt performed Dreading It from the bar while drinking a shot (per his Instagram)   There are a few vids from the 2nd show on You Tube currently.   Sets look great. Very heavy on the new album. 

Cool pic. 

Edited by daniel_v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My heart goes out to Matt for his loss.

In regards to the stateside shows, I'm hoping that this Coronavirus business doesn't interfere with any of the upcoming shows. Seems ridiculous to even wonder, but it seems like this story just gets wilder by the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to Toronto, COVID-19 is playing a big part in attendance. While shows have mostly been full, the last two sold out, the spectre of going to a place with a lot of people in it is very real. The German health minister today announced his recommendation that no event in the entire country be larger than 1,000 people - including sporting matches. Yesterday in parts of Italy, major matches were played to empty stadiums. Sufficed to say that now is not the best time to be touring. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going no matter what!  I've waited over a DAMN DECADE for Matt to come back to Sault Ste Marie and I'm not going to miss this! 😆

I've been telling people at work who are my age or close to it, to go see it!  (Most people my age or slightly older all know who he is).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to add:  Props to Matt for continuing his tour despite personal tragedy and crazy world events.  Take care man.

"And we go on"
W. Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is going to sound insane, but what about the idea of everyone pitching it $$$ and creating a "Dream setlist"  maybe 15-18 songs acoustic, we send Matt the money and he video's himself playing the songs. We would all win!!!   Flashdance II re-worked acousticly?  Could it happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfrg said:

With regards to Toronto, COVID-19 is playing a big part in attendance. While shows have mostly been full, the last two sold out, the spectre of going to a place with a lot of people in it is very real. The German health minister today announced his recommendation that no event in the entire country be larger than 1,000 people - including sporting matches. Yesterday in parts of Italy, major matches were played to empty stadiums. Sufficed to say that now is not the best time to be touring. 

Really respect that you are out there performing amidst personal tragedy and some pretty uncertain times health wise, especially with your susceptibility to illness.  Take care of yourself Matt, I'm sure under the circumstances people will understand things like a reluctance to shake hands with fans and so forth.  Really looking forward to your west coast shows this year as always! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mfrg said:

With regards to Toronto, COVID-19 is playing a big part in attendance. While shows have mostly been full, the last two sold out, the spectre of going to a place with a lot of people in it is very real. The German health minister today announced his recommendation that no event in the entire country be larger than 1,000 people - including sporting matches. Yesterday in parts of Italy, major matches were played to empty stadiums. Sufficed to say that now is not the best time to be touring. 

Crappy timing on for this tour for you brother, in more ways than one.  Wish you safe travels.  Respect for you marching on.

Vancouver and GTA are Matt's bread and butter and the most affected by COVID-19.  That stinks. I'm going to wait closer to show day before buying a ticket, even though I don't live in either of those places.  Hopefully the virus dies down by the summer, I wanna check out Rage Against the Machine come festival season, along with Moist/Headstones/Tea Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to be at the show on the 14th for the VIP experience in Kitchener - Let me know if you want to hang out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NBA just postponed their season, It's very likely every other league will follow their lead by the end of the week. So if major bands start cancelling their tours, I can't see this tour proceeding as well. I have front row seats for TOOL & Rage Against the Machine this year, last thing I want is for those shows to not happen, but that's the selfishness in me talking because I just so happen to be ABSOLUTELY SICK AS A DOG, from a coworker who just returned from her 3 month trip from Japan.... I might be infected.

"This is people's lives at stake. This isn't about basketball. ... This is a global pandemic."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Idioteque said:

The NBA just postponed their season, It's very likely every other league will follow their lead by the end of the week. So if major bands start cancelling their tours, I can't see this tour proceeding as well. I have front row seats for TOOL & Rage Against the Machine this year, last thing I want is for those shows to not happen, but that's the selfishness in me talking because I just so happen to be ABSOLUTELY SICK AS A DOG, from a coworker who just returned from her 3 month trip from Japan.... I might be infected.

"This is people's lives at stake. This isn't about basketball. ... This is a global pandemic."

 

Pearl Jam already did cancel the tour.  Hoping Matt is healthy, hope you get well soon Tony, and hope all of you stay safe and well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Rhu8ar8Pi3

I second that. At the end of the day, health and family are the most important thing. I hope you feel better soon too, Tony. Take care of yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.