foats

2020 Moving Walls Tour Thread

I'm a Canuck recently moved to the US (don't start) and I have tickets and plan to drive up to Sarnia Sunday. I love this album and am a HUGE fan. But this country has severely screwed up testing and containment and I don't want to put Ontarians at risk. Michigan has only had tests in state for less than a week and the state is recommending to cancel events with more than 100 people. I want to live an enjoyed life (which involves MG) and not live in fear unnecessarily but I don't want to put anyone in harms way. What would you do?

My wife and I are considering not attending the Regina show due to COVID-19 concerns. Timing sucks, but health comes first, especially protecting those who have weak immune systems. The entire reason we skipped the last two tours is because she underwent treatment for her MS which knocked her immune system to 0 (basically chemo). She is back to normal now, but if this virus had been around last year, there is a good chance she could have died from it. 

I don't want to take that risk of passing it to someone else in the same situation. Doubly sucks because Matt is playing songs from Something Like a Storm, which I was very sad at missing.

Edited by RileyLewis

I saw this on Matt's Insta and thought I'd share it. As much as I want to see him (bought two tickets and two VIP tickets for Victoria), I really think it would be better for himself and for everyone else if he postpones. It's not worth the risk. Victoria just announced its first case yesterday, but one person being confirmed means that there could be who knows how many infected, and on an island where nearly 20% of the population are over 65, things could get rough really quickly if it spreads. Maybe he can do a skype "tour" from his him haha. 

Capture+_2020-03-12-12-25-31(1).png

**from his house

tried to edit that post on three devices and it won't change ?‍♂️

Guest Rhu8ar8Pi3
10 hours ago, CMKJ said:

I'm a Canuck recently moved to the US (don't start) and I have tickets and plan to drive up to Sarnia Sunday. I love this album and am a HUGE fan. But this country has severely screwed up testing and containment and I don't want to put Ontarians at risk. Michigan has only had tests in state for less than a week and the state is recommending to cancel events with more than 100 people. I want to live an enjoyed life (which involves MG) and not live in fear unnecessarily but I don't want to put anyone in harms way. What would you do?

Yup, that's a tough one. I'm in the same boat. I bought plane tickets and a few nights' stay at a hotel for the New York show. I hope it all calms down by then. I don't know what will happen with that. I was looking forward to seeing the Tina Turner broadway show too. I guess we'll have to wait and see; I don't know what the future holds.

11 hours ago, CMKJ said:

I’m in Buffalo and was bought VIP for the Kitchener show. They have banned events over 500 people in NY and any over 250 in my county. I highly doubt I’m going to the show. I don’t want any issues trying to come back into the US. Hoping the show gets postponed at least but no word yet. And hoping buffalo either stays as is or postpones. 

i was really looking forward to the show here in Edmonton, but i understand the need for this.
Looking forward to any chance to escape from this current reality!

And really my first thought for this was for Matt's health over all, so for that, at least I am happy with this decision.

I’m really liking how Boobytrapped has been an early staple of the setlists so far.

I look forward to seeing the rescheduled dates when health officials have a handle on this.

I‘m glad that MG, the band, the crew, and all of the attendees will be minimizing risk of exposure by having the tour put on hold.

Subject: Matthew Good Tour Postponed

ad13d258-affc-4d05-85c4-56960290fd3a.png
Hi everyone,

We're writing to inform you that the Matthew Good tour has been forced to postpone the remaining dates on his current tour.

Please find a statement from the Matthew below below:

"There’s nothing more important than human life. Given the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s been decided that it is best for all to postpone my Moving Walls tour. New dates will be announced as soon as possible. I’m being told that you should hold onto your tickets, as they will be honored at the rescheduled shows. Your ticket seller will be in contact with further details.
Sincerely, Matt"

We will be emailing all purchasers with details on the rescheduled dates as soon as we receive any additional info. Refunds will not be issued until the new dates have been announced, however if you are unable to attend the rescheduled show we will gladly provide you with a refund at that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this matter. We will be in touch as soon as possible with more information.

Thanks,

Sound Rink and Matthew Good

12 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

The promoter of the victoria shows insinuated the make up dates would take place in the late fall. 

They can plan for that, but there is a chance the pandemic won't reach full saturation until sometime in the winter.

For the Regina show, the venue has just sent an email stating that all tickets are being refunded immediately.

Bummer but everyone's taking a hit right now. When major sports leagues start suspending play everything else has to fall in line. You don't want to be singled out as the one venue that stayed open and became a breeding ground. Matt and his team obviously are doing the right thing. I would imagine this fall is gonna be a very busy time for many people since that's when they're going to try to reschedule a lot of stuff.