PlasticSoldier

RIP Rich Priske

Devastated to hear this news.

I was too young to see MGB live as I was under the age of 19, but had the chance to see Rich play on the Avalanche tour... man enjoyed seeing him live on the intro to Near Fantastica. Gonna miss him. RIP Rich.

This one hurts. Beautiful Midnight and Audio of Being are 2 of my favourite and probably the two most important records of my life. They're a huge part of why I wanted to play music and Rich is a big reason about why I wanted to play bass. My life would be so much different without his influence in it.

What a year. 

While I never had the pleasure of meeting him, as someone who grew up on MGB what I found interesting about Rich from all the interviews I watched was how he was always the guy showing so much humor. Whether it was dry or straight up, he seemed like he was always trying (and succeeding) in making people laugh. One of my favorite interview he ever gave was a satire one that him and Matt did with Chris Nelson after the release of Loser Anthems. How he was able to keep a straight face during this is beyond me:

That's not to mention his talent. Whether it was that dream like bass work he did on Giant, the dark and busy framing for Under the Influence, the appropriately intense climbing and descending notation he came up with for The Rat Who Would Be King, or all of the intricate work he did on White Light Rock and Roll Review, I always really appreciated what he would create/contribute. He'll definitely be missed. Hope him and Geoff are having a cold one somewhere up above.

Also, I thought Dave made a really nice write up for him. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 2.05.03 AM.png

• Upvote 2

I listened to Audio of Being yesterday while doing yardwork and thought alot of the MGB days.  Such an awesome album.  I feel so fortunate to meet all four members including Rich after seeing MGB for the first time in early 2001.  RIP in Rich.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Awwww man, this sucks. I know it happened months ago but I'm just reading the news for the first time now (apparently there's a downside to catching up to the online MG fan community after leaving it for a few years.) Been listening to the Audio Of Being a lot lately and his playing on that record was stellar. I know it's been said to the point of redundancy but 2020 can officially go screw itself. Man... this one is tough to hear about.