colinarcher

Tenet

I'll watch anything Nolan comes out with just out of respect for the man's previous work. That said, I'll probably wait till it's available on demand. Not too keen on going to places with large amounts of people around, even with social distancing measures. 

Edited by daniel_v
  • Upvote 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:11 PM, colinarcher said:

I have confirmed that my local theatre is going to be screening it. They are also playing Inception for the 10th anniversary, so might need to make it a double feature. 

I watched the 10th Anniversary of Inception at my local theatre and it was worth every penny. As with @daniel_v, I'm on the Nolan wagon and expect to watch most everything he directs. I mean, Interstellar is a masterpiece!

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:46 PM, IncoherentRamblings said:

I mean, Interstellar is a masterpiece!

Was it ever!!!  The music is so good in that movie too!  I love it!  Definitely one of the top 5 movies to come out over the past 10 years. Maybe even 20.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:53 PM, Sly Botts said:

My wife saw this movie and she told me she was disappointed.  Its hard to say though cause depending on her mood her opinion of things change, so I'll reserve judgment for myself (as it should be anyway)

Get a chance to see it yet? I've sadly also heard mixed reviews. I was pretty excited to see it myself.

Guest Idioteque

The second watch blew my mind because I noticed all the little things I missed and the chemistry is great between The Protagonist & Neil during the second viewing because you understand, but the first watch made me focus way too hard on all of Nolan's terrible habits as a director.

For some reason he cannot write a villain to save his god damn life AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF ANYONE BRINGS UP JOKER.

Spoiler

*SPOILERS FOR MANY THINGS*
Memento: As creative as it is, chronological order shows its flaws.
Insomnia: This might be good in 200 years when people can watch this without knowing who Robin Williams is, but you're stuck watching Robin Williams... 
The Prestige: Don't get me started.
Inception: WHO is the villain? Who are the bad guys? Besides generic faceless henchmen and a security system programmed by one of the good guys. We never feel scared.
Interstellar: I love this movie, this movie didn't need to have a typical bad guy, but it would have helped. Maybe someone sabotaging the daughter to get credit of their own?

Tenet: A rich guy, who yells alot. We never actually see him do anything evil, we hear about him doing alot of evil stuff in the future but to not have a moment of anger through physical outburst... the damsel in distress plot that was stuck with him dragged his character down even more. He'd act mean and wrap a belt around his fist... he'd point a gun at her but... he'd never do anything that made you clench your teeth going "you motherf.... I can't wait for you to get yours". When he does beat her in one scene, she was pointing a gun at his head so you're kinda stuck in the middle. All he does... is shout... or whisper.

Also Nolan has an awful way of doing blunt exposition scenes where it's just walking in a straight line or sitting in chairs for an awkward amount of time, he never tries to sneak it in or hide it like someone who cares. Specifically the scenes involving the character "Priya" makes you want to grind your teeth against a chalkboard.

7/10 tho for Tenet, all I suggest is watch it twice. Just spread those 2 times within the span of 10 years.

Edit: I'm relearning how to internet.

Edited by Idioteque