colinarcher

MGB music videos remastered in HD?

The In a Coma box set is probably the best we will get as far as MGB era video's.   Would love to see some 4K but with the majority of "music television stations" not playing actual music videos. I don't see it happening any time soon. 

The music industry that we grew up in, is gone.  I would argue that Music Video's as a staple (unless made by Stars in the Making or already Big Stars)  are gone too.  It's probably cheaper than ever to make cool music video's (due to Computer technology) but Videos as they used to be, are gone or at least will be soon.  IMO.  People will still make them of course, but it will be a you tube thing and niche thing.

I don’t expect much from new music videos these day. I’m not even sure I care if new ones are even made at this point, but I think there is something worthwhile about preserving and updating the ones from the time when they did matter and actually enhanced the vision of the song and album they were promoting. 

As far as the cost of the time/effort of remastering them, it’s too bad there wasn’t a way to crowdfund it. I would put in money to get a Blu-ray with the whole Matthew Good video catalogue. 

• Upvote 1