Sign in to follow this  
Stwlegend

Sept 12th - Round 2 from the garage

bit.ly/MGSessionsLive

I got a ticket quick this time.  Different site but guessing can still sell out again. 

Only $15 and there's an email address to submit song requests.  Should be fun. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stwlegend said:

bit.ly/MGSessionsLive

I got a ticket quick this time.  Different site but guessing can still sell out again. 

Only $15 and there's an email address to submit song requests.  Should be fun. 

I just did too!  $15 for 2 hrs is a great deal!!

Grabbed a pair for myself and my dad. 20$ CAD each for me. Great price for 2 hours of music! 

Grabbed one as well, these are quite a bit of fun, especially in times when there is just zero chances of concerts on the horizon.  Nice just to be able to put a few bucks out there to support Matt as well, obviously artists are having a difficult time not really able to work in any capacity.  Steve, where did you see the email for requests, Im not seeing it myself? 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, adam_777 said:

Grabbed one as well, these are quite a bit of fun, especially in times when there is just zero chances of concerts on the horizon.  Nice just to be able to put a few bucks out there to support Matt as well, obviously artists are having a difficult time not really able to work in any capacity.  Steve, where did you see the email for requests, Im not seeing it myself? 

The Sessions site doesn't show it but on Matt's news page you can see the email address for questions/requests :  https://www.matthewgood.org/news

Edited by Stwlegend
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stwlegend said:

The Sessions site doesn't show it but on Matt's news page you can see the email address for questions/requests :  https://www.matthewgood.org/news

Thanks Steve much obliged!

• Upvote 1

Is it bad I am praying not to hear Alert Status Red and/or  Born Losers?  Literally would rather listen to Matt sing Old MacDonald had a farm.   I just can't explain it. I love every MGB/MG album he's ever put out but those 2 songs just don't do it for me. 

I requested

Protest Song

Police Cars

It's Been One of Them Years

Flashdance II

Would be sweet if we could get a Flashdance II movement going!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, adam_777 said:

Thanks Steve much obliged!

Yeah, thanks for posting this, man. I would have probably missed it again if you hadn't. I got my ticket yesterday :)

On 8/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, foats said:

Is it bad I am praying not to hear Alert Status Red and/or  Born Losers?  Literally would rather listen to Matt sing Old MacDonald had a farm.   I just can't explain it. I love every MGB/MG album he's ever put out but those 2 songs just don't do it for me. 

I requested

Protest Song

Police Cars

It's Been One of Them Years

Flashdance II

Would be sweet if we could get a Flashdance II movement going!!

Flashdance II would be interesting to hear acoustic. Has he even played that song since the HLAHG tour back in 2001? 

I'll put in a request for that and the Inescapable Us. 

He hasn't played it since 2001. I have a live version somewhere of the song actually that was taken from Napster back in the day. No clue what hard drive it's on but I would love to hear it again if anyone else snagged it off of Napster back in the day.   

Inescapable US would be another great song to hear!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, foats said:

Inescapable US would be another great song to hear!

THIS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wanted to check out the one he did a few weeks back, but it conflicted with my schedule. This time, however, I'm so there.

Did anyone check out the last one? Care to offer thoughts or opinions?

Last show was really fun! It was cool to have Dan Mangan (who is a big MG fan apparently!) hosting and asking questions and bantering with Matt, and they did a lot of cool interactive stuff with the audience, and the audio was really clear.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting in on this one guys, it happens to be on my holiday so yeah!

• Upvote 1

Everyone ready for tonight?

#flashdanceIIorbust

#inescapableus

Ready for tonight’s performance. TV is all set up to go. Sound check is done, the TV is not on mute.

In the chat on Session now. Foats was mentioning the forum, so here I am checking in for the first time in forever lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, emmit643 said:

In the chat on Session now. Foats was mentioning the forum, so here I am checking in for the first time in forever lol

Welcome back stranger! 

Hm. The site isn't loading for me. Anyone else having issues?

Just now, Crusader said:

The site loads but the video is paused while they work out some technical difficulties, Matt said they'd be back in a minute.  

Just looked through some logs and it looks like that site is getting hammered, seeing error 500s. Guess this is the first time they've had a very large show?

Just now, Crusader said:

Just looked through some logs and it looks like that site is getting hammered, seeing error 500s. Guess this is the first time they've had a very large show?

Oh wow that's unfortunate! It's pretty busy in the chat, I mean its been about a ten minute stream flashing introductions every time someone joins.  

3 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Yup. All it shows me is the front page with MG where it says “You’ve got a ticket!”

1 minute ago, daniel_v said:

Yup. All it shows me is the front page with MG where it says “You’ve got a ticket!”

That was the screen we were on before, then it gave a link saying join the session.  Perhaps because they are in technical difficulties mode they pulled the link temporarily, hang tight, hopefully it will be back.  I'll update here once it starts so people know if they need to try refreshing or something.  

ok we're live.  

I was able to get into the stream but looks like MG and co are having a hard time getting in themselves.

https://sessionslive.com/MatthewGood/live

I had to do a hard refresh though (F12 in Chrome then CTRL-Shift-R).

Matt's up now though

Sound is really low though

e: I ended up just streaming it to my TV and raised the volume on that. PC speakers are not good for this. Sort of a Protest Song as first song!

Sound is fine on my end but lots of complaints about it.