Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stwlegend

Sept 12th - Round 2 from the garage

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

That was the screen we were on before, then it gave a link saying join the session.  Perhaps because they are in technical difficulties mode they pulled the link temporarily, hang tight, hopefully it will be back.  I'll update here once it starts so people know if they need to try refreshing or something.  

ok we're live.  

 

Yup, I just had to refresh the page. He was playing Sort of a Protest Song when I entered the stream and is just finishing Empty Road as per a request he got 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daniel_v said:

Yup, I just had to refresh the page. He was playing Sort of a Protest Song when I entered the stream and is just finishing Empty Road as per a request he got 👍

Ya those were the first two so didn't miss much then, glad to hear it! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The audio quality is really good on this stream. I ended up just fullscreening MG and put him on the TV. The chat and all those popups is really distracting lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crusader said:

The audio quality is really good on this stream. I ended up just fullscreening MG and put him on the TV. The chat and all those popups is really distracting lol

Those pop ups are brutal, but I agree the audio quality is very high end on this one, just crystal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using my iPhone and am connected to the TV using an HDMI cable and viewing the concert in full screen. I found Sessions website using Firefox on the Amazon TV very frustrating to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris85 said:

I am using my iPhone and am connected to the TV using an HDMI cable and viewing the concert in full screen. I found Sessions website using Firefox on the Amazon TV very frustrating to use.

Same! Missed some of the show messing around with that. Should have tested It out earlier though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the chat window open on Sessions, but it would be cool to hear the response to whether there will be some form of a rerelease of Last of the Ghetto Astronauts to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool little set up he has in his garage for this. I also like the format of playing a few songs and answering a couple questions. However, is anyone else having issues with choppiness and screen/audio freezes? There have been “a lot” of those so far on my end (even for up to a minute or longer) and I’m not sure if it’s my connection (which usually isn’t an issue) or the website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daniel_v said:

Pretty cool little set up he has in his garage for this. I also like the format of playing a few songs and answering a couple questions. However, is anyone else having issues with choppiness and screen/audio freezes? There have been “a lot” of those so far on my end (even for up to a minute or longer) and I’m not sure if it’s my connection (which usually isn’t an issue) or the website. 

Mine has been pretty clean no issues, but it seems several others have complained about some choppiness 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt's dipping into the sauce, and having a good time LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

Mine has been pretty clean no issues, but it seems several others have complained about some choppiness 

 

Got it fixed. Just had the refresh the page on my TV 🙂

2 minutes ago, Sly Botts said:

Matt's dipping into the sauce, and having a good time LOL

Lol, I saw your “Into a wall of bourbon 😉 ” comment during Strange Days 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daniel_v said:

Got it fixed. Just had the refresh the page on my TV 🙂

Lol, I saw your “Into a wall of bourbon 😉 ” comment during Strange Days 🤣

HAHA! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp. My connection dropped for a bit and I missed the ending lol

Was the last song Apparitions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crusader said:

Welp. My connection dropped for a bit and I missed the ending lol

Was the last song Apparitions?

The last song was Apparitions.

Well, I really enjoyed tonight's performance, I thought it was really done well and am looking forward to future performances. The Sessions platform on the other hand, the chat functionality is annoying as f*%$.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome show, Protest Song , Police Cars, and Fated were the highlights for me. Beautiful song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sorry to hear some of you were having issues with Sessions - sound was crystal clear for me throughout.

The set:
1. Sort of a Protest Song
2. Empty Road
3. Born Losers
4. Hello Time Bomb
5. Beauty
6. Radicals
7. Load Me Up
8. Advertising on Police Cars
9. Selling You My Heart
10. Fated
11. Strange Days
12. Parts
13. Apparitions

I reckon if the bottle of bourbon was left in the garage with Matt so he could refill his glass, he'd still be playing! He seemed to be having a good time and sounded great. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the last one of these he did so I was glad I caught this one for a first. Never really watched an artist do a session in this kind of format before and getting to watch most of it (save for the visual/audio glitches from my TV in the middle) on my flat screen in bed was cool. 

Highlights for me were Radicals, Selling You My Heart (two of my favorites from the album) and the accapella ending to Apparitions. 

It was also nice to hear Matt talk a little politics too. I know that’s always risky for artists but one of the things I respect about Matt is his willingness to discuss issues even if it might ruffle some feathers. I’ll admit I don’t agree with him as much as I used to (especially when it comes to current day North American social politics) but I completely agreed with his comment about the two party system in the U.S and about internet/YouTube algorithms leading to echo chambers and feedback loops (for both sides) which have helped to an extent lead to the current day, lamentable polarization we find ourselves in (even if that comment was admittedly a little ironic for a guy who seems to get his news almost exclusively from an outlet as far left as The Gaurdian). 

But yeah, over all this was pretty cool. I liked the set up, Matt looked really happy doing an acoustic show as usual and hopefully he’ll do more of these in the future! 

Thanks Matt! 

 

671F9615-8C4A-47DA-824F-6843888DB7BF.jpeg

9F61132E-8BB1-4F90-B01A-ED53E2990E98.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My phone screen was freezing every 5 seconds or every 2 minutes for this show. I liked the format and sound quality of Matt's performance on Dan Mangan's sidedoor better. I loved that concert.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daniel_v said:

but I completely agreed with his comment about the two party system in the U.S and about internet/YouTube algorithms leading to echo chambers and feedback loops (for both sides) which have helped to an extent lead to the current day, lamentable polarization we find ourselves in (even if that comment was admittedly a little ironic for a guy who seems to get his news almost exclusively from an outlet as far left as The Gaurdian). 

This!

Also my opinion of the show...  It was a good time.  No criticisms, no nothing... just... I had fun.  I wasn't expecting much and I had a good time.  I hope Matt did too.  The end.  👍🏻

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grrr...I had to miss this on account of a last-minute commitment. Thanks for all the feedback everyone...I hope he does more of these...hoenstly, if he did one every two weeks, maybe just to focus on a specific album, I would so be down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, someone sent this to me via fb messenger and apparently it might not stay up too long but if you missed the show or had tech complications it is currently on YouTube (for now!)

Link removed

 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, adam_777 said:

Welcome back stranger! 

Heyyy *waves*
 

hasn’t 2020 been a time. lol

Edited by Crusader
Link removed
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Williammunny11 said:

Grrr...I had to miss this on account of a last-minute commitment. Thanks for all the feedback everyone...I hope he does more of these...hoenstly, if he did one every two weeks, maybe just to focus on a specific album, I would so be down.

Yeah, I watched Chris Murphy's (of Sloan) concert stream on sidedoor yesterday. It was awesome. I think he said he was doing four concerts like this in 2020, one per month with no repeat songs. I hope Matt does something like this!

7 hours ago, emmit643 said:

So, someone sent this to me via fb messenger and apparently it might not stay up too long but if you missed the show or had tech complications it is currently on YouTube (for now!)

 

Oh boy. That guy is going to get in some trouble.

Edited by sharon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not post links to bootlegs of the streams. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crusader said:

Please do not post links to bootlegs of the streams. Thank you.

Oh. Okay! Sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crusader said:

Please do not post links to bootlegs of the streams. Thank you.

Wish he could sell copies of the streams afterwards.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.