daniel_v

MGB/MG Covers

Came across some pretty impressive full band covers this weekend that three brothers recently put together. Each does vocals on a different song. 

I was taking to them online and they said MGB and Matt solo are the only band that they can all agree on. 

Thought I’d share them here if anyone wants to check them out. 

Fated, Black Helicopter, and Running For Home

On that topic as well, if anyone here has any personal covers (or ones they know about) that they want to share please feel free. 

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, patrickjnixon said:

Thanks for posting.  These covers are really interesting.  I like how they put their own spin on the songs. The recording quality is very high.  I have a feeling I will be listening to these quite a bit.

Yeah, they definitely added their own flavor into the covers. Everything from the drumming, the synth, the guitar rhythms and leads, the bass, the piano, and just the general progression of each song is amazing. Together they managed to keep the original spirit and soul of each song by maintaining the general melody, but also made them their own by rearranging/re-imagining each individual instrument and the general progression of each song. That is not an easy thing to pull off and they seemed to have done so beautifully. Honestly was a surprising pleasure to discover and listen to.

1 hour ago, daniel_v said:

Together they managed to keep the original spirit and soul of each song by maintaining the general melody, but also made them their own by rearranging/re-imagining each individual instrument and the general progression of each song. 

Yes, totally.  They kept the intensity that MG brings but with a totally modern approach.  It's refreshing to hear these songs I love played like this.  I have been listening to these 3 songs on repeat all day and have no plan to stop.  Would love to hear more covers from these guys.

There is a video out there on the internet somewhere of me doing an acoustic version of Apparitions with my friends. It was kind of half assed because they were asking me to do it and I wasn't prepared.  I will never share the link lol.

7 hours ago, Sly Botts said:

There is a video out there on the internet somewhere of me doing an acoustic version of Apparitions with my friends. It was kind of half assed because they were asking me to do it and I wasn't prepared.  I will never share the link lol.

Lol, ??

On 10/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, daniel_v said:

Came across some pretty impressive full band covers this weekend that three brothers recently put together. Each does vocals on a different song. 

I was taking to them online and they said MGB and Matt solo are the only band that they can all agree on. 

Thought I’d share them here if anyone wants to check them out. 

Fated, Black Helicopter, and Running For Home

OH NO!!!!  I just tried to listen to these songs and it looks like they are gone.

Did anyone download the tracks?  If so, are you willing to share?