crthiel

Anyone know why the Matt Good subreddit went private?

44 minutes ago, Moonlight_Graham said:

Or maybe it's nothing but a PR move from them.  We don't know.  We don't even know when they stopped representing him.  I'm going to avoid making assumptions.

We have a reasonably good idea as to when he was dropped.

MG played the Unison benefit on December 17th. Bernie Breen is the chair of the board of Unision. If I'm not mistaken, one of the videos that ran during the benefit was a Unison promo that used an MG song as the music bed.

Article from October about Breen's role with Unison, specifically mentioning his managing MG:

https://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2020/10/05/bernie-breen-mission-new-chair-unison

At worst, MG was dropped sometime since October. At worst. Otherwise, it happened sometime in the last seven weeks.

I'm not sure what kind of PR move reads like: "[The agency] no longer represents Matthew Good. No further comments and/or statements will be made." At best, that sounds like somebody trying to avoid PR altogether.

Edited by uglyredhonda

7 minutes ago, uglyredhonda said:

I'm not sure what kind of PR move reads like: "[The agency] no longer represents Matthew Good. No further comments and/or statements will be made." At best, that sounds like somebody trying to avoid PR altogether.

Companies do not want to be associated with people accused of sexual harassment, whether they are true or not true.  I'm not saying these allegations aren't true, i'm saying what Warner and Breen do is not evidence of guilt.  Maybe it's because they've seen other evidence, maybe it's because they want to save their own butts.  As I said, I'm not going to make any assumptions.

These are serious allegations, and need to be taken seriously.  It will take a while to digest all of this.  There are always 2 sides, and always different narratives about the same events.   I will save final judgement until I hear Matt's side of the story.  Following his career and his personal ups and downs for over 2 decades, I at least owe the man that.

I have already seen a woman's account be repeated by her ex-bf on this forum, and the accounts are different.  She conveniently omitted some details that of course make her out to look better and look Matt out to look worse than what her ex had to say, and her ex was on her side btw.  Which is why we need to wait and hear Matt's side.

I'm also, quite frankly, tired of seeing Matt's breakups become such public spectacle and each side using the media as a revenge weapon.  I was never comfortable with Matt's blogging and Hospital Music being used to crap all over his ex when she didn't have the same platform to tell her side.  Then his ex-wife and him used IG to snipe at each other publicly.  Now this.  And of course there was the MBG breakup, where i've never heard Dave's side of the story, if i even care about any of this drama.

Though given it looks like wrong-doing has been done, I'm glad the women are able to hold people accountable, and prevent it from happening in the future.  The reality is that this type of thing is common among male celebrities/musicians unfortunately.  The notion that the band and crew were unaware of these things is ridiculous.  In fact, in other bands it's the crew that gather attractive girls during the show to have ready for the musicians in the dressing room/bus after the gigs, sometimes requesting sexual favors for themselves in exchange for access.  A pretty shady/disgusting industry on many fronts.

• Upvote 1

The more I think about it I really would like to know Hayley's endgame here.  She said she loved Matt's kids as if they were hers.  Well going after their dad relentlessly isn't really putting their safety first. I am not saying I approve of what happened with her and the other alleged girls but what is the real end game here?  His label and management team dropped him, she's reached out to media to essentially ruin his life but what else does she want?  His ex already publicly called this a witch hunt. The more I see and hear the more it appears she is correct. I fully understand that women can choose when to come out with allegations but for all 25 to magically happen now is also pretty telling. I saw someone on Reddit say they had proof and posted a normal pic of herself and Matt.  What proof is that? It looked like a normal Meet and Greet pic.  I will still play my MGB/MG songs and concerts and come here as long as we have a Bored to call home.  

18 minutes ago, uglyredhonda said:

I've never been in a situation like this, and I can't speak to her motives, but I can say with experience elsewhere:

There's nothing worse than feeling like someone has done something terrible to you and watching them try to get through it without acknowledging any wrongdoing. The further it goes, the more the anger escalates. (Even worse is when the people around them - usually friends - insist that the terrible thing couldn't have happened because "they're not like that", and you end up looking like a lunatic for being upset.)

Some people do strive for the major consequences. But usually, any consequence is what they have to settle for, if one happens at all.

A public acknowledgement, a promise to do better, acceptance of some kind of punishment/consequence. Something that feels real, even if the person is bullshitting to some degree or only covers a piece of it.

What MG posted the other night wasn't anywhere close to that. And, in my mind, he didn't even take that note seriously. He asked for privacy (usually a signal of radio silence for a time of reflection), then posted some goofball thing yesterday about finding and eating his dead mother's sardines.

Honestly, I think MG has drawn a line and this is all Hayley's going to get. But that means she's just going to be irate for the near future. Personally, I think that's an ongoing risk to his career, assuming he still has a chance to salvage it.

I almost want to ask what your "pretty telling" means, because I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

Accusations come out in bulk like this because there's finally an opening for people to talk about things that they've had to keep to themselves, often for years. They read the other stories, there are details that sound familiar, and they have a chance to finally get it off their chest.

This happens all of the time, even in your own life. I guarantee there's someone you know who you don't like - if you're at party and you hear someone complain about them, you chime in with the reason you don't like them. You may never have told anyone that story before. (A third or forth person might overhear the conversation and step in.) It doesn't mean you all have improper motives. It's first and foremost a chance to be heard; a chance to commiserate. And, usually, it feels better, even if it doesn't change anything, knowing that someone else can relate to your experience.

I see your point but the people who I don't like personally know I don't like them personally.  We have a guy in our office that is a fucking snake. He tries stealing people's jobs and is universally not liked. He tried his shit with me once and I let it go as I was new.  He tried it a second time and I called him out. He tried it again and I blocked his number and told my boss I refuse to work with the guy.  We are now on different teams. 

I use that example as it is nothing even remotely close to what Hayley and these other girls allege happened to them. 20+ girls all waiting for someone else to bring it up first is one thing but surely one of the 20+ would have emails, texts, lewd pics that can be proven by now. 

Again, not dismissing their story but we are weeks in if not months (if you follow the Reddit) and what actual proof do we have??   Matt's life is probably ruined, his children seeing all this has to be horrible especially if they had gotten so close with Hayley.  I can't imagine what they are feeling right now. 

With the world we live in it's sad that we can't believe all of the stories.  There have been so many with other celebs that have been proven false that it hurts the ones that are actually true. If something happens report it right away.  The pattern I see is how these girls claim that Matt kept reaching out months and years later. Why would he do that unless he felt like it was wanted attention?  Had they blocked him or called him out he would likely get the hint.  But the stories seem to be the same (at least the 3-4 I heard). 

Tony's ex was one of the names I saw. No offense to Tony but if the girl i was dating cheated on me I sure as hell wouldn't be buying tickets to his concerts or his merch, or visiting his fansite. Maybe you are a better person than I am.

Just so much to this story that doesn't make sense yet there are aspects of it that make perfect sense. Maybe if we see more actual evidence my mind will sway more.  

1 hour ago, foats said:

I use that example as it is nothing even remotely close to what Hayley and these other girls allege happened to them. 20+ girls all waiting for someone else to bring it up first is one thing but surely one of the 20+ would have emails, texts, lewd pics that can be proven by now.

I'm not really sure what "evidence" people would keep in situations like this. A lot of people only keep the texts that are on their current phone. Was he sending them dick pics? What if all of the conversations happened over the phone or in person?

In the case of your co-worker - did you need to provide evidence that he was a douchebag, or did your boss take your word for it?

And, again, we don't need to be litigating this and coming to a unanimous conclusion. It really comes down to each person here making the decision for themselves. If you think he didn't do anything wrong, you're fully entitled to that.

1 hour ago, foats said:

The pattern I see is how these girls claim that Matt kept reaching out months and years later. Why would he do that unless he felt like it was wanted attention?  Had they blocked him or called him out he would likely get the hint.  But the stories seem to be the same (at least the 3-4 I heard).

Opinion: he reached out because he wanted something and he felt that they would give it to him if he asked them.

That's how manipulative people work. And I say that from being on the wrong end of it at least once.

There was a woman I knew a few years ago - she had a shtick where she would invite her current boyfriend to do something, then invite another guy to it, and spend the evening flirting with the other guy in front of the boyfriend. (It wasn't the boyfriend's kink or anything like that.) I was the other guy on multiple occasions over a couple of months, and just assumed she was ready to leave the relationship. Even when I realized what she was actually doing - I was still game to do something with her because her intentions with me felt genuine. (I remember wondering if her boyfriend would ever take a hint.)

But her intentions weren't genuine. They never were. I soon discovered she had multiple "other guys" who all thought the same thing - that her relationship was ending. She eventually cheated on her boyfriend with one of those "other guys" (who later became the next boyfriend, and the cycle started over). And, insanely enough, even after that happened - months later, there was still some part of me that would have gone for it if she'd pursued me, because it felt like we had something good when we were together. (Thank God that didn't happen, and, in hindsight, I'm wholly embarrassed that I ever felt that way about her.)

With people like that, there's some part of you that denies what's clearly in front of your eyes. You look past the stuff you know is there.

Even in worse situations - ie, actual abuse - abused people will frequently return to their abuser if the right entreaty is made. It's a known thing. Logically, you'd think they'd bail, but they don't. It's not a logic play - it's entirely emotional.

1 hour ago, foats said:

There have been so many with other celebs that have been proven false that it hurts the ones that are actually true.

Wait, so many? I think Aziz Ansari is the one that most people feel was wronged, and even that one is a little mushy. Who else had their career torn down because of false accusations?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Doormat said:

Wanted this forum to be less dead but....

not like this GIF

hah. Thank you I think we all needed a little levity mixed in here.

I can't help but keep thinking about the very vague premonition I had when the Sicily video came out. I kept thinking to myself "when has MG including his girlfriend / significant other in one of his works ever not been regretted later?" Just seemed odd to me at the time, and well...

Edited by Gomo

On 2/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, foats said:

The more I think about it I really would like to know Hayley's endgame here.  She said she loved Matt's kids as if they were hers.  Well going after their dad relentlessly isn't really putting their safety first. I am not saying I approve of what happened with her and the other alleged girls but what is the real end game here?  His label and management team dropped him, she's reached out to media to essentially ruin his life but what else does she want?

She's said that she wants this exposed so he's held accountable and so that other fans knows what's happening so that this cycle doesn't continue.  That said, they also just broke up, so it would be naive to think there isn't some emotions of post-breakup revenge going on here.  But they didn't break up amicably, Hayley said he cheated on her and lied about it, and was emotionally abusive/manipulative, and I guess when she started talking about it other women came forward with their stories, so here we are.  If it was just Hayley then i'd be much more skeptical, but there's just been a lot of corroborating stories that points to a pattern.

I'll still listen to the music, but some of the music loses meaning for me because of some of the hypocrisy in the lyrics given the allegations.

9 hours ago, Gomo said:

hah. Thank you I think we all needed a little levity mixed in here.

I can't help but keep thinking about the very vague premonition I had when the Sicily video came out. I kept thinking to myself "when has MG including his girlfriend / significant other in one of his works ever not been regretted later?" Just seemed odd to me at the time, and well...

It's a bit weird that she was in the video and that they also collaborated on the latest as-of-yet unreleased album he just recorded.  Is that from his insistence? Is it an organic occurrence?  Or is she trying to make a career for herself too and using him as a vehicle?  Her IG page says she's a "model" and "beatmaker".

I've always found it odd that with both her and his ex-wife they have both IG pages of themselves flaunting their large breasts in provocative poses for all his fans to view and follow.  And Jen we all know was an opportunistic character.  And now we learn that allegedly Matt is an opportunistic character himself.  So either Matt is really bad at picking women, or all 4 of them are a similar sickening bunch and deserve each other.  And i'm leaning towards the latter.

• Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Moonlight_Graham said:

It's a bit weird that she was in the video and that they also collaborated on the latest as-of-yet unreleased album he just recorded.  Is that from his insistence? Is it an organic occurrence?  Or is she trying to make a career for herself too and using him as a vehicle?  Her IG page says she's a "model" and "beatmaker".

I've always found it odd that with both her and his ex-wife they have both IG pages of themselves flaunting their large breasts in provocative poses for all his fans to view and follow.  And Jen we all know was an opportunistic character.  And now we learn that allegedly Matt is an opportunistic character himself.  So either Matt is really bad at picking women, or all 4 of them are a similar sickening bunch and deserve each other.  And i'm leaning towards the latter.

Maybe MG knew she wanted to be famous, and used that as a lure to get with her in the first place.

Maybe the music project was a way to tie her to him and keep her in the relationship - make it emotionally harder for her to leave.

It's not fair to speculate motives.

And showing off one's tits in public doesn't automatically make someone an opportunistic liar.

Also: we only "knew" that Jen was "an opportunistic character" because MG told us so. Everything she ever did, we learned about from him.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Moonlight_Graham said:

I've always found it odd that with both her and his ex-wife they have both IG pages of themselves flaunting their large breasts in provocative poses for all his fans to view and follow. 

Dude. Just no. 

I highly doubt any pics that Rae or Hayley put up were done so with mg’s fan base in mind. There is nothing wrong with women being comfortable in their own skin and showing it. FFS. 

Do y’all not understand how hard this shit is for women? To come out and speak against him? With Hayley’s post, they have been empowered to do so. Whether anything illegal happened or not, a lot of this is flat out disturbing and there is a pattern to it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It sounds like a bad break up when my wife and were ending out 12 year long relationship she accused me of all sorts of thing. Matthew is a rock star at the end of the day and women come with the territory. I have been reading the new articles surrounding the story of being a serial abuser and doesn't sound legit. Matthew is a man of integrity if it were true I'm sure he would have come forward regarding the allegations, however he has publicly posted they are not true. I'm sure Matthew can be a difficult individual to deal with at times but who is perfect. Its sad that the label has made the decision to drop him as an artist but I'm sure he can bounce back. If there was more to the story it would have reach major media outlets and he would have been charged with a criminal conviction. As there has been a gap of time since December when Global pick up the story and nothing more has happened it most likely smoke and mirrors. With that being said I will stand behind Matthew.     

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

25 minutes ago, RickDalton said:

It sounds like a bad break up when my wife and were ending out 12 year long relationship she accused me of all sorts of thing.

Did 30 other women also accuse you of all sorts of the same things? Just curious. 

Y’all sure are making some general blanket statements in regards to women. Yes, bc your wife claimed you did some shit you didn’t do, we must all do the same. Anyone with their tits out is doing it for the fan base. Excuse me while I try to roll my eyeballs out from under my eyelids. 

mg is doing exactly as mg always does. Hiding his head in sand and deleting his post history. SHOCKING. And so full of integrity. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, uglyredhonda said:

Also: we only "knew" that Jen was "an opportunistic character" because MG told us so. Everything she ever did, we learned about from him.

Pretty much how it goes. Write a song about you’re all heartbroken and been screwed over and people feel for you because music has a way of getting people emotionally invested. Once they are invested, their view of a person and all in their life that they is set so well that it’s hard to change.

A large part of his career and that of musician that’s had any amount of success is their own public profile. What they say about themselves through their music, actions, interviews, and whatnot. When they  hear or read something that contradicts their view of this perception of that person, it’s far easier to believe the source. They’ll all of the sudden want to hear the other side of the story, even though when the person they’ve idolized is the one making accusations, they don’t have that standard. 

Matt’s got a lot of talent, and that particular talent can as easily be used to manipulate as it can be to tell truth.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mackie1023 said:

Did 30 other women also accuse you of all sorts of the same things? Just curious. 

Y’all sure are making some general blanket statements in regards to women. Yes, bc your wife claimed you did some shit you didn’t do, we must all do the same. Anyone with their tits out is doing it for the fan base. Excuse me while I try to roll my eyeballs out from under my eyelids. 

mg is doing exactly as mg always does. Hiding his head in sand and deleting his post history. SHOCKING. And so full of integrity. 

Do we know who the victims are, how come they are not posting here 

Edited by RickDalton
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, mackie1023 said:

Dude. Just no. 

I highly doubt any pics that Rae or Hayley put up were done so with mg’s fan base in mind. There is nothing wrong with women being comfortable in their own skin and showing it. FFS.

When you were a kid did your mom get breast implants and flash her cleavage for the world to see?  They can do whatever they want, i'm saying these don't seem like the most grounded people in the world.  Momma didn't raise no fool.  And I'm not defending MG, bird's of a feather...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, uglyredhonda said:

Maybe MG knew she wanted to be famous, and used that as a lure to get with her in the first place.

Maybe the music project was a way to tie her to him and keep her in the relationship - make it emotionally harder for her to leave.

It's not fair to speculate motives.

And showing off one's tits in public doesn't automatically make someone an opportunistic liar.

RIGHT!?

There are a lot of untrue & debatable things he has said about his ex-wives (see attached) - playing the victim in every way possible, so arrogant and gross.

Reading all the stories being shared by the women willing to share, you do not have to work for the FBI to see there is a disturbing pattern pertaining to the young fans he has targeted and engaged with.

Hayley's story is far from the worst of them.

I think he just a dirty old man and has been since the 90's. 

MG.JPG

7 hours ago, emmit643 said:

Here’s the thing. These accusations aren’t magically popping up. No one believes women. So women don’t want to come forward. When one finally does, bravely I might add cause this shit is a lot of work and it’s exhausting, other women feel like someone might actually believe them. And even still, with close to 30 women now coming forward it’s still all where’s the proof, how do we know it’s true, cancel culture this and that.

and yeah, I think Chris is really onto something here with pointing out the lack of women commenting here. Why would they? That kind of language and all this doubt surrounding something that multiple people are saying- that’s the reason women don’t come forward. 

Matt’s done some really disgusting shit. And it’s way beyond “being a bad boyfriend” as people keep dismissing it. I will never look at him the same way. 

I can’t say for sure what Hayley’s “endgame” is. I don’t speak for her. But what mine would be is accountability and trying my best to make sure he never does the same thing to anybody ever again. Some of the victims were girls. They were young. He took advantage and he did a lot of damage. You can wait to hear his story, but you’ll be waiting forever. He’s not going to share it because then he’d have to admit wrong doing, which I don’t think he will. His silence and dismissal says enough in my opinion. You’re welcome to yours but some of the conversation happening here absolutely contributes to why women don’t come forward.

I have spoken to Hayley quite a bit before and after this all happened. She is not the devious vixen so many are painting her out to be. This is well beyond just MG being a player or "typical rockstar".... Some of the stories are really disturbing and some women won't even share theirs because they are just not able to endure the scrutiny and drama the rest are having to deal with. It is exhausting...they all have lives...families and jobs and other life issues to contend with on top of this. The comments on the internet - my god. Is it any wonder this has taken so long to fester into what it is? It is extraordinary that in 2021 this many women, from all different places who do not know each other, have suspiciously similar stories, many with digital proof of a relationship....and still they are doubted. Liars. Sluts. Attention Whores. Simply for sharing what their experience was knowing and interacting with MG.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Moonlight_Graham said:

When you were a kid did your mom get breast implants and flash her cleavage for the world to see?  They can do whatever they want, i'm saying these don't seem like the most grounded people in the world.  Momma didn't raise no fool.  And I'm not defending MG, bird's of a feather...

Dudes have been going around with their tits hanging out since the dawn of time with pride. You ever been too a beach? Some dudes even will be their with their big ol’ titties hanging out, no bra. Some even be there with women with smaller breasts than the man has. You don’t see a lot of moral outrage when that happens. Ain’t nobody crying “save the children!” It’s almost as if this double standard on breasts is some result of men knowing they like to think with their dicks deciding the only way that men can not think with their dicks is to lay that burden on women to not make us think with our dicks because we our powerless to stop ourselves.

Maybe instead we can just stop thinking with our dicks and teach our sons not to think with their dicks and maybe it won’t be so weird when mom shows some skin just like it mostly isn’t weird to see mom with another cosmetic change in their appearance like tattoos or piercings.

With a few exceptions, men have ruled almost every civilization in human history. Hard to deal with a problem when you’re busy thinking of a symptom as the problem. This problem of women being treated and seen like objects ain’t something they created and it isn’t their job to figure out a way to change the way men think. If a woman wants to show off and make a few bucks, it’s fine. It’s not like every action move star gets a role because they are great at acting and nobody’s calling them out for what mostly amounts to profiting off their looks. At least, not nowhere near the level you’ll hear about it when women do the same.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

On 2/15/2021 at 11:30 PM, Moonlight_Graham said:

I'll still listen to the music, but some of the music loses meaning for me because of some of the hypocrisy in the lyrics given the allegations.

I think you can have a lot of personal demons and still be able to comment on some social justice stuff, like in Blue Skies Over Bad Lands. However, She's In It For The Money probably doesn't hold up too good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RickDalton said:

It sounds like a bad break up when my wife and were ending out 12 year long relationship she accused me of all sorts of thing. Matthew is a rock star at the end of the day and women come with the territory. I have been reading the new articles surrounding the story of being a serial abuser and doesn't sound legit. Matthew is a man of integrity if it were true I'm sure he would have come forward regarding the allegations, however he has publicly posted they are not true. I'm sure Matthew can be a difficult individual to deal with at times but who is perfect. Its sad that the label has made the decision to drop him as an artist but I'm sure he can bounce back. If there was more to the story it would have reach major media outlets and he would have been charged with a criminal conviction. As there has been a gap of time since December when Global pick up the story and nothing more has happened it most likely smoke and mirrors. With that being said I will stand behind Matthew.     

Try reading the known Tumblr page that exists and come back and (try to) say what you’ve just said. There are three sides to every story but when one of them “goes radio silent,” it’s not a great look. 

I should also add that I went through a divorce about a decade ago; long story short, I’ve never done or said anything (publicly) like MG has.  It wasn’t pretty but social media is not the place to post such things. 

Corus, who owns Global, and various radio stations across the country, couldn’t afford to get this wrong — kudos to them for finally having enough there to post the story. Side note: I’ve heard stories over the years as well so none of this came as a shock, rather, it’s been more of a disappointment in his character and actions. 

Edited by adrianf74
Added the second two paragraphs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1