PsychoLamb

Tribus (new music)

Sharon's post makes sense.

My question to the others,

Why come to a MG fanbase to bash the guy?  I've never heard of Hayley before this and now I have. Will I listen to her music? probably not. What Matt did is wrong I'm not defending it. But when 50% of your posts are bashing Matt and the other 50% are nude/semi nude photos you have to wonder.

The other girls who came out against him told their story and support was there. They didn't continue to repeatedly go after the guy. 

This kind of thing happens so often here in the US hell women do it to men as well. Happened to a guy I worked with, could be happening to a neighbor. The point is most people don't air their dirty laundry for the world to see.

If Matt wasn't a public figure would anyone know or care??  Feel free to flame away. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, foats said:

Why come to a MG fanbase to bash the guy?  I've never heard of Hayley before this and now I have. Will I listen to her music? probably not. What Matt did is wrong I'm not defending it. But when 50% of your posts are bashing Matt and the other 50% are nude/semi nude photos you have to wonder.

The other girls who came out against him told their story and support was there. They didn't continue to repeatedly go after the guy. 

This kind of thing happens so often here in the US hell women do it to men as well. Happened to a guy I worked with, could be happening to a neighbor. The point is most people don't air their dirty laundry for the world to see.

If Matt wasn't a public figure would anyone know or care??  Feel free to flame away. 

I’ve been a member here for a long time. So I don’t know how you can say I’m coming here to bash him? I just don’t think a lot of you are thinking about any of the women here when you’re spouting this garbage. And yeah, cool. Good point man, would anyone care? Probably not because people don’t believe women when we come forward. So... 

and for everyone touting how great the new music is you’re enjoying Hayley’s music right there. This was the album they worked on together and *her* sound is all over it.

i didn’t come here to bash any one. Just point out the “patterns” y’all seem to be missing. But y’all certainly came here to bash her.

And you’re saying now what he did is wrong and you’re not defending in while implying in your last post that she’s lying. Soo...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Em has already addressed a few things, but I'll address a few others directed more at me.

Why aren't the other girls still posting?  Have you seen the hatred Hayley's taken?  It has not been all support.  Hey, look at this thread even.  Hayley has taken serious abuse, and she's the one who felt most able to take him on and bear the usual disbelief and hatred women get in these situations.  Domestic abuse and sexual violence are the only crimes where we disbelieve the survivor so wholeheartedly.  Especially when the accused is famous.  Why did it take so long to topple Weinstein?  Or Cosby?  Or Manson?  Many are afraid.  Some allege previous harassment.  Hayley has been a public face, sharing their stories.  You do not get to dictate how, when and where survivors tell their stories, react or behave.  Sorry.  If some choose to be quiet or anonymous, that is their right.  If some feel stronger, and speak louder, that is their right.  Survivorship is not one size fits all, and I'm speaking as a former rape crisis counselor and survivor.

Let's stick to the topic at hand, and not veer into a red herring discussion of "women do it to men too" shall we?  Not relevant at this time and not being debated.

"Airing of dirty laundry" is rather offensive in the context of abusive behaviour.  By that notion, children being beaten shouldn't tell their teachers because it "happens all the time across America" and "most people don't air their dirty laundry".  This isn't about something that is gossip or salacious.  This isn't, say, aggressively DMing a woman over bootlegs.  And if it were say, just a matter of infidelity... Matt himself has made a living writing songs mocking Jen's transgressions, talking about his infidelities on his social media, blaming them on his mental health as an excuse re Rae, telling on himself in Girls In Black... I mean, why do you have a problem with "dirty laundry" (if that's all it is) now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Also you’ve right pissed me off @foats 

I was a fan of Matt’s most of my life. My first concert of his was at 10years old for godsake. I am just as entitled to my place in this forum as anyone else. If you go through my post history it’s all my fucking covers of his music, my many many many shows per tour, all the merch I’ve bought.

I am allowed to be mad. I am allowed to be disappointed in what’s transpired. I am allowed to want better from Matt. And for accountability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3