Chris85

VHS tapes

I will be in the midst of converting some VHS tapes to digital format of Matthew Good on Going Coastal, CPAC, and a couple other ones… is there a YouTube account where we would like this stuff posted?

Aiming to get rid of VHS tapes now…

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, PlasticSoldier said:

I could always upload them to my site, and either on my youtube account or we just let whoever always takes from my site to add to youtube do that part haha

I assume some are ones that are already out there but maybe better quality will come of this?

I’ll go through them and crop out the ads. Some may already be out there. If these ones are better, yay.

I also have all of the MMVAs from 2000 on tape including the sneak peak footage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2021 at 8:41 AM, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

Hey, thanks for converting and uploading these videos. Are you going to upload the 2000 MMVAs?

Working on this tape now. Unfortunately, there is a lot of audio crackling on the tape, partly due to the age of the tape and the whole MMVAs was recorded on one tape using the EP/SLP setting. Using the mono setting for audio rather than stereo seems to be minimizing the crackling.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, Chris85 said:

Working on this tape now. Unfortunately, there is a lot of audio crackling on the tape, partly due to the age of the tape and the whole MMVAs was recorded on one tape using the EP/SLP setting. Using the mono setting for audio rather than stereo seems to be minimizing the crackling.

Hey, thanks for uploading Matt's MMVAs footage. Are you gonna upload the rest of the MMVAs? Even if it's not in good quality, I'd still like to see it.

44 minutes ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

Hey, thanks for uploading Matt's MMVAs footage. Are you gonna upload the rest of the MMVAs? Even if it's not in good quality, I'd still like to see it.

I’ll upload it all, or at least attempt to. I know the video is likely to get flagged for copyright issues. I’ll crop out the ads as well.

10 hours ago, Chris85 said:

I’ll upload it all, or at least attempt to. I know the video is likely to get flagged for copyright issues. I’ll crop out the ads as well.

Thanks. The video will get flagged for copyright but it should still be available worldwide. And upload the ads separately if you want, I'd be interested in seeing them too.

11 hours ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

Thanks. The video will get flagged for copyright but it should still be available worldwide. And upload the ads separately if you want, I'd be interested in seeing them too.

Here is the MMVA 2000 without ads. There is a 12 second segment starting at 1:39:47 where the song American Women may end up being muted. This violation prohibits the video from being played in some areas. 

12 hours ago, MatthewGoodFan101 said:

As well, here is a playlist of MuchMusic commercials… 

2 hours ago, Chris85 said:

Here is the MMVA 2000 without ads. There is a 12 second segment starting at 1:39:47 where the song American Women may end up being muted. This violation prohibits the video from being played in some areas. 

Lol, I had forgotten about Matt's "beef" with Ed the Sock. The way that was edited was hilarious. Matt's on stage and then all of a sudden he's getting his hair and make up done, lol. I laughed at the guy holding Matt back as Matt yells, "He's just a friggin sock!!!!!" 

They actually had some good conversations back in the day. I remember when Ed was jokingly running for PM and Matt called in to inform Ed that he had to be a member of a political party to actually get elected which pissed Ed off, haha. 

Thanks for uploading all this Chris. It's a nice blast from the past 👍

• Like 1