patrickjnixon

Reddit Chatter about MG Touring?

I noticed on Reddit some chatter about MG saying he is going to be touring again.  I'm not a Reddit user so I don't really get how it works but I've been on these boards for years so I thought I would pose the question here.

Does anyone know about an Instagram post where Matt says he is going to start touring again?  This is the longest we've all gone without a live show since like '98.  I'm in withdrawal!  Please MG Tour again!

A booking link was added to his website a while ago, but there's no confirmed tour or confirmation that anyone has booked him for anything.

I'd take anything on the subreddit with a very large grain of salt. There seems to be a number of people on there who claim to have continuous personal contact with him.

official site has this listed:

May 14, 2022
Hollywood Theatre - Vancouver BC
https://www.ticketweb.ca/event/matthew-good-solo-acoustic-tour-hollywood-theatre-tickets/11842215

May 27, 2022
Starlite Room - Edmonton AB
https://www.ticketweb.ca/event/an-evening-with-matthew-good-the-starlite-room-tickets/11848735

May 28, 2022
Coors Event Centre - Saskatoon SK
http://show.ps/l/303e0df9/

May 31, 2022
Park Theatre - Winnipeg MB
https://myparktheatre.com/

Edited by PlasticSoldier
  • Upvote 1

Hell yeah!!  He's back baby!!!!

I am excited for this. Wish I could get up there to see a show. Hoping we can get some tapers for these.  Life is short and if these past 2 years proved anything it's not to take anything for granted. Tape em while we can ladies and gentlemen.  

Great news to wake up to!!

Wow! These are not shows I'd be able to go to but I'm....happy to see that they're happening.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, Moonlight_Graham said:

Should be an interesting trial run to say the least.  Probably smart to limit shows, and stick to the not-as-feminist prairie cities east of BC.

Imagine buying a ticket specifically just to heckle someone. There's gotta be better uses of income.

Edited by Gomo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt can also give security for each venue a heads up to toss any hecklers so that things don't get out of hand.  At a solo acoustic show it's easy for someone to just shout out a stupid comment. Better to toss them right when it happens than to let it continue and give others the chance to pipe in.  Again, if you are paying to see a MG show it would make no sense to heckle MG.  But it is 2022 and we have gas prices at $4,20 a gallon here. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, sharon said:

You're totally right, foats. That is great advice to live by. I will try to remember that.

I was thinking about it today and was feeling inspired.
Maybe I will do a little MG concert road trip in May. I was planning to start out in Edmonton, head toward Saskatchewan and make my way back from Winnipeg.
I will try to tape them if I go.

I was wondering how far those shows were apart distance wise. I know Vancouver is way on the other side but thought a couple might be close together.  Going to see if he does Hamilton or  London Ontarion and make the trip. If he does Buffalo I'l do that too and buy Steve some beers. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, gweeps said:

Any idea when I'll be able to download this? Just signed up.

Let it sit overnight. Someone should seed eventually. Dime for some reason doesn’t work with my VPN. If you’re using one, turn it off. The website is safe. 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, gweeps said:

Any idea when I'll be able to download this? Just signed up.

been a longtime memeber there, so might be misremembering but i thought at one time you had to message a mod or something to gain access to even have download abilities