guitarchick

Tour cancelled?

Somehow I seriously doubt the whole tour is cancelled. It looks to me as though the American dates are cancelled. Both Buffalo and Detroit have been removed from his website as I can tell.

My guess would be that the Canadian dates are still going ahead as planned. Perhaps the American dates will be re-scheduled at a later time.

EDIT: From Matt himself...

Just the three American plays were cancelled: New York City, Buffalo, Detroit. It would have cost me 10,000 to do it plus visas. No thanks.
Edited by Nearing_Fantastica

Adam, if he tours Europe for sure we will see each other because i will be there FOR SURE too ;)

it sounds weird he cancelled all the american shows... could it have a political reason? president Bush, the coming elections... i dont know...

Somehow I seriously doubt the whole tour is cancelled. It looks to me as though the American dates are cancelled. Both Buffalo and Detroit have been removed from his website as I can tell.

My guess would be that the Canadian dates are still going ahead as planned. Perhaps the American dates will be re-scheduled at a later time.

EDIT: From Matt himself...

Just the three American plays were cancelled: New York City, Buffalo, Detroit. It would have cost me 10,000 to do it plus visas. No thanks.

A Canadian needs a visa to get into the USA??

Secondly, it seems a little arrogant on Matt's part, sorta like he doesn't really give much regard to fans living in the USA.

canada is far more dense when it comes to matt good fans..

i'd say that if the people really want to go, they will be there because of there close proximity..

i know thats saying alot and if i were in that situation i wouldn't be able to go, but hes doing what he can

edit: "We have been getting frantic e-mails concerning online rumours that the upcoming Put Out Your Lights Tour has been cancelled. This is absolutely not the case. Two US dates were recently cancelled, but all of the tour dates posted on the music page are accurate."

Edited by Lauren_Atmore

You need a work permit (visa) for concerts.

Correct.

Hobofactory, I fail to see how it's arrogant. Don't you think spending 10,000 dollars for concerts where you'll (and everyone involved)will be making very little profit is a bit much?

Matt has stated a few times that he'd love to play some U.S shows. It just sounds like it may be a bit tricky as of right now. Don't worry. I'm sure he'll arrange something in the near future. Perhaps he would need to organize a larger tour. I'm not entirely sure how that all works. Anyway, just hold tight. ;)

Ouch, that hurts... why don't you try changing your ticket (some times they allow exchange at cost) and head to Ontario, catch a show there?

Just a suggestion, I feel bad for you. I know it's unfortunate that Matt can't afford to do a show down there. I bet he booked the show, and was holding out on ticket sales.

Peace