guitarchick

Tour cancelled?

Somehow I seriously doubt the whole tour is cancelled. It looks to me as though the American dates are cancelled. Both Buffalo and Detroit have been removed from his website as I can tell.

My guess would be that the Canadian dates are still going ahead as planned. Perhaps the American dates will be re-scheduled at a later time.

EDIT: From Matt himself...

Just the three American plays were cancelled: New York City, Buffalo, Detroit. It would have cost me 10,000 to do it plus visas. No thanks.

A Canadian needs a visa to get into the USA??

Secondly, it seems a little arrogant on Matt's part, sorta like he doesn't really give much regard to fans living in the USA.

Ahh, that seems abit weird to me, i called the immigrations office last month, and they told me that Canadians are allowed to stay in the states for 6 months without having anything.

But, i guess because he is working?

who knows, the states laws seem to be a little screwy.

with the cost of the visas, you might as well just move to the states.

Edited by RetardedHotdog

As I said above. I assume that he was holding out on ticket sales... quite possibly he would have played the shows, had there been allot of interest. Although that does seem kind of weird... the show was a long way off. Also, maybe he was hoping that Universal would pull for visa's, and the like. But they probably bailed on him.

I feel bad for all you people in the US, but in the end, there is nothing that can be done.

Peace

I feel bad for all you people in the US,  but in the end, there is nothing that can be done.

I don't know about THAT.

I'm confused at why he chose those particular cities...no offense to Detroit and Buffalo, but those are middle-of-nowhere cities, and would not have had decent turnouts from US fans (whether Canadians would have traveled to the Buffalo show is another matter).

Why MG didn't book a show in NYC, Boston, Chicago or LA is beyond me. NYC would be the most obvious choice, and those other cities have GREAT music scenes.

I wrote MG a letter suggesting he talk to the MoveOn.org folks about sponsoring a visa. He would have fit very well with the Vote For Change tour beginning in a couple weeks. But seeing as his solo material is right up MoveOn's alley, I bet they could help in some fashion, whether it's helping to promote him down here or even just picking up the visa charges.