zenkey

To Dave or not to Dave?

If Dave Genn and Matt Good were on very friendly terms again, would you want Dave to join Matt's band, replacing Christian?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If Dave Genn and Matt Good were on very friendly terms again, would you want Dave to join Matt's band, replacing Christian?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care, as long as Matt's in control

I dunno.. i think the differences between Dave and Matt's perspectives gave MGB a very wide range of sounds, whereas now a lot of the Matt Good songs are similar.. like its easy to tell which song goes where.. but during MGB.. it wasnt as easy because the songs were so different.. not saying that the songs werenecessarily better.. but i like having the larger range of song sounds.

I dunno.. i think the differences between Dave and Matt's perspectives gave MGB a very wide range of sounds, whereas now a lot of the Matt Good songs are similar.. like its easy to tell which song goes where.. but during MGB.. it wasnt as easy because the songs were so different.. not saying that the songs werenecessarily better.. but i like having the larger range of song sounds.

I have to say "Amen"

I know I'll get killed for this, seeing as how most of the Matt Good community views Dave as some kind of guitar God but..

I find Christian to be a far superior guitarist. I really don't miss Dave at all.

Christian is Still really good, but Dave just added this special "something" to the mix that made the songs so damn good. But if he did come back then you might as well bring back Ian Browne and make it MGB again. thats just my opinion. maybe christian can start Copyright again.

Plus you can refer to him as Thor. If I had a middle name of Thor its all i would call myself. and i would talk in the third person. "Thor demands no onions on my whopper!". you would also have to talk in a deep, booming voice too.

lol, The Man, that's such a vital point.... it's like being named Conan... or Zeus... or something... or some boxer who dropped out of highschool and doesn't even know the difference between first and third person.

p.s. Dave was god and I miss him.... not in a gay way.

I'm not sure about the god comment. I can't think of a song that Christian has do which shows him to be a superior guitarist...

Thor is an awesome name...

I don't think this question is logical though. If Matt and Dave where actually friends, the band would still be together.

Peace

I voted yes, but really I would only want it if Dave got writing input.

My understanding at least was that for MGB, it was Matt's vision but the whole band wrote the songs while for MG Matt writes everything and the band just plays what they are told to play (I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the liner notes to see if anyone but Matt gets credit), Regardless though I think the music really lost something when Dave and Ian left.

I agree... but from the sounds of things, the constant war of music points of view inevitably broke up the band. I think that it was that war that created the works that are so great. A lot of people really like AOB, and it is an album that showcases this conflict of musical direction. Conflict derives art.

Peace

My understanding at least was that for MGB, it was Matt's vision but the whole band wrote the songs while for MG Matt writes everything and the band just plays what they are told to play (I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the liner notes to see if anyone but Matt gets credit), Regardless though I think the music really lost something when Dave and Ian left.

Yeah, they had an excellent chemistry with each other as a band that I don't think can be surpassed.

I think he would of had writing imput during Matthew Good Band if he could write.

If you think about it, if Dave is the man how come he has no CD's out that are his own.

He could probably of quite easily gotten a record but he can't write his own shit so he lives off other peoples fame.

*hint* Matthew Good and Holly Mcnarland.

OH No here comes the angy Dave fans to bitch me out.

;)

OH No here comes the angy Dave fans to bitch me out.

;)

They're an unstoppable force. Ha ha. I agree with you 100%

Edit: Meh, I was about to say something else but I'll just be eaten alive by the Dave crew. I'll just leave the issue alone.

Edited by Nearing_Fantastica