RetardedHotdog

Jeresy Girl.

My husband is a huge kevin smith fan (i enjoy his movies too.), and thought this would be a horrible movie, because it wasn't something he usually did.

Anyhow, we finally got around to seeing this movie earlier this week (it was actually in at blockbusters), and i have to say, it's a really good movie. the acting was really good. J lo was only in it for the first 15 minutes (thank god.)

anyone else seen it?

I really loved it. It was smart and funny and warm. I think it got such bad reviews because most people went into it with a 'Jay and Silent Bob' mindset--and that's just not what the movies about. it would like being in a "Schindlers List' mindset and watching 'The Terminal'--you just can't do it and be able to appreciate the movie.

I made sure i went into it NOT expecting Jay and Silent Bob. I didn't think it was excellent, but it was worth watching... in fact i think i should go rent it in the near future.

One thing I really like in it was some of the music! Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" and Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open the Door"... 2 fabulous songs!!

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it, but it's not really my genre so no big deal I guess.

No worries, I too am a hater.

I really like Kevin's stuff, and I went into Jersey Girl knowing it was unlike anything else he had ever done, and hoping it would be good. Boy was I let down. I really really tried to like it, but the more it went on the more I could not deny that it was a bad movie.

So, since this sucked, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back sucked, my hopes for Kevin getting his shit together are dimmed.

But the proof is in the pudding, as they say, so we will have to see how 'Clerks 2', or rather, 'The Passion of the Clerks', does later this year.