montrealmike

That's why I like Matt

How many artists open themselves up like he just did? I always knew that Matt went through a terrible time during Audio of Being, but I never wanted to think about what kind of stuff he was going through. Maybe he's ready to play some Audio songs for cathartic reasons? Hope so, because there's some great songs on there as everyone knows...

Indeed, I had the pleasure of hearing one of his concerts while they were still MGB (in St.Catherines). It was rock solid... "Workers' Sing a Song of Mass Production" was awesome... and "Carmalina" of course.... but the best was "Advertising on Police Cars" .... sweet show.

actually it is - as i have said many times in many posts here - my most favorite album, and my most favorite song (the rat who would be king) is in this album... also wish they played some songs from AOB as for cathartic reasons... *sigh*

I think there are some really strong songs on AOB... Actually, I think the whole entire record is just powerfully depressing.

And think about the title for a second... If the songs are the record are the "Audio of Being," maybe better stated the music of life, then the record reflects a very bleak vision of what it means to be alive.

But I still love the record. It was the album that got me into Matthew Good.

Each new MGB album topped the one before it. I think AOB was MGB's Darkside of the Moon but that is a comparison a lot of others don't get when I tell them.

I was so sad when I heard the band was breaking up before the album was released, and then elated when they stayed together and then crushed when they finally did break up shortly after the album release.

I'll always remember when I bought AOB, it was during my lunch break at school. I went to Futureshop and had to listen to atleast one song. Man of Action really took me aback and to this day, no other Matt album hits me emotionally like AOB. I mean, Advertising on Police Cars, Protest, The Rat.., I, the throw away. Really awesome album, but I sometimes feel guilty listening to it knowing how painful it was for everyone, especially Matt, to make the album...weird eh?

Don't feel guilty, Matt puked his guts out getting this album finished in the fine fashion it was.... just appreciate it more. Let's face it, all rock stars have ups and downs, the fact that Matt Good just didn't say, "what the heck, I've had enough of this" just shows how much he cares about music and his impact on people/society, unlike all the bands today that you see on Much Music (like Avril Lavigne) who only care about what people think about them and how much money they can make while still having "respect" (aka: people thinking they're badass or something). Sry, sensitive topic for me there.